Some thoughts

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe/Stan - If you weren't so busy deleting all of your previous posts you'd have noticed that Wilson is no longer a moderator. You might also note that I did not say anything about CTE itself, only those who propagandize and misunderstand what it actually is. But, FWIW, I am a scientist and I do have proof. Wilson and I emailed on this topic for awhile and came to a better understanding. AZ seems to prefer a more hands off approach. If a bogus method is being sold on their site they don't jump in and take sides. It's more of a live and let live attitude, except when it isn't.

Rick/Bill-You've claimed to have proof in the past on some subjects but no one ever took you seriously.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He resigned a few months ago quite publicly in NPR, I think. Long story. Something about not being appreciated, or the like.

Makes one wonder about a situation in the aiming forum. Seems he gave a poster a very lengthy ban, only to be over ruled by Mike, and the ban lifted after a few hours. That certainly sounds like an under appreciated situation.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
El Kabong got whacked?!

What is the story?

Lou Figueroa

He resigned a few months ago quite publicly in NPR, I think. Long story. Something about not being appreciated, or the like.

Makes one wonder about a situation in the aiming forum. Seems he gave a poster a very lengthy ban, only to be over ruled by Mike, and the ban lifted after a few hours. That certainly sounds like an under appreciated situation.

I had no idea, either. (But then again, as Lou points out, I haven't been keeping up with news here. ;) )

Dave (cookie) mentioned this to me in another thread, and using the NPR tip, I found the thread:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=488621

-Sean

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I do not know for sure, but I would say that Dan White is NOT the reason that Dave Wilson resigned. I've had considerable communication with him in the past & he rather often deferred matters to ownership. I think Wilson got more involved posting in NPR & there was basically a conflict of interest. Perhaps ownership said something perhaps based on a complaint & that ultimately led to Wilson's decision.

The point here is that pro-CTE individuals feel the need to 'sabotage' Dan White for whatever reason:wink: just because he ultimately received a short ban that may have been the result of Wilson's decision being overturned.

I see nothing wrong with Mr. Wilson being overturned, as Wilson sometimes had knee jerk reactions & seeming favored 1 side over the other. Mgt. was not always aware of every decision that Dave Wilson made.

There should be a place to appeal decisions made by employees. I would surmise that that may be what Dan White did, as was his 'right' to do.

It is also the Owner(s) right to make their own decisions & they should try to be fair in those decisions. They could say given all of the trouble that CTE has cause... it is a banned topic on AZB. the mere mention of it will result in XYZ.

However it is NOT CTE that has caused the trouble. It is what CTE has been asserted & affirmed to be by certain individuals that has been the root cause of the problem from Day One.

There are two sides regarding those assertions.

Someone said that they were going to "go under the hood of CTE" & find out WHAT makes it work or that it does not work & report back, but then that individual sort of disappeared & never reported back on that subject.

That is now a rather moot point given that debating the subject has now been prohibited... at least for the time being.

Because Mgt. has decided that it works for some & NOT for others. I guess that means that it is a 50/50 proposition as to whether it will work for any given individual who tries it out of the box.

Good Odds? Not so much to me, but I & others understand the Why.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Perhaps ownership said something perhaps based on a complaint & that ultimately led to Wilson's decision.

Didn't seem like there was a meeting of minds between Wilson and ownership toward the end. No appreciation ever at all for Wilson.

The point here is that pro-CTE individuals feel the need to 'sabotage' Dan White for whatever reason:wink: just because he ultimately received a short ban that may have been the result of Wilson's decision being overturned.

The hidden meaning behind what you just posted is "the fix was in" with one who became a crony to the owner and had more impact than the moderator. I see you didn't post the other part about where Dan White has been sabotaging damn near every CTE thread and posts about it for YEARS.

There should be a place to appeal decisions made by employees. I would surmise that that may be what Dan White did, as was his 'right' to do. So are you saying Dan White is an employee or at least an unannounced moderator with limited ability to do things other than make reports to the head honcho? Some have suspected this was going on.

Yeah, but the end of the line decision maker doesn't listen and overturn very many if any.

It is also the Owner(s) right to make their own decisions & they should try to be fair in those decisions. They could say given all of the trouble that CTE has cause... it is a banned topic on AZB. the mere mention of it will result in XYZ.

However it is NOT CTE that has caused the trouble. It is what CTE has been asserted & affirmed to be by certain individuals that has been the root cause of the problem from Day One.

That depends on one's perspective. Those who have poured their energies into learning it and those who have NOT! Those who have NOT continue the onslaught.

That is now a rather moot point given that debating the subject has now been prohibited... at least for the time being.

Really? I haven't noticed any change even a near as yesterday.

Because Mgt. has decided that it works for some & NOT for others. I guess that means that it is a 50/50 proposition as to whether it will work for any given individual who tries it out of the box.

Probably a fair statement. Kind of like whether a person wants to party 4 years in college and think he deserves a degree with failing grades or puts his/her nose to the grindstone and graduates with honors.

Yesterday there were some posts made by a certain few that were so over the top and out of bounds that it would have called for a multi-year BAN and YOU even referred to it with posts of your own. You knew it, I knew it, everybody knew it.

Nothing, absolutely nothing happened. I've come down with a heavy hand today as a backlash to certain other posters. Like the BAN I got back in December for 6 months for what should have been completely a non-ban I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again because I'm not one of the "in boys" who sends emails to the owner or Wilson to befriend them for a free pass on disciplinary action.

Just a few days ago many of the posts I made were completely DELETED by someone overnight.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good Odds? Not so much to me, but I & others understand the Why.

Can you prove what has been asserted and affirmed by many to be false. I don't think you can. You were given your very own thread to do so but came up empty. You had nothing, zero, nada original thought posts in the whole thread. If i had to bet you don't even know enough about CTE to go to the table and even try to make a ball. The whole CTE is just a source of argument for you. It drives your personality to argue. Just look at NPR for your other sources of argument. 60+ posts in there the other day. It's not really your fault though. You have a sickness that has never been treated. Take some advice, go get treatment. Life will be better for you

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Probably a fair statement. Kind of like whether a person wants to party 4 years in college and think he deserves a degree with failing grades or puts his/her nose to the grindstone and graduates with honors.

Yesterday there were some posts made by a certain few that were so over the top and out of bounds that it would have called for a multi-year BAN and YOU even referred to it with posts of your own. You knew it, I knew it, everybody knew it.

Nothing, absolutely nothing happened. I've come down with a heavy hand today as a backlash to certain other posters. Like the BAN I got back in December for 6 months for what should have been completely a non-ban I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again because I'm not one of the "in boys" who sends emails to the owner or Wilson to befriend them for a free pass on disciplinary action.

Just a few days ago many of the posts I made were completely DELETED by someone overnight.

You misstate so much. Duckie's whole Challenge Thread was removed as where posts by others. If you think just because I had PMs with Wilson that we are friends you are entirely mistaken. The same goes for Mr. Howerton. Being civil with common respect is not being "friends".

YOU & other CTEers have done many, many things for which others have been Banned.

imHo, Mgt. would simply like the whole CTE thing to just go away. That is why it was sent into a sub forum.

The nearly 1/4 century 'war' to which I was sucked into about 6 years ago can be ended by Mr. Shuffett with a Simple Truthful Statement.

THEN... the partial aspects of it that might benefit some could be discussed without the crap.

THAT seems to NOT be what your side wants.

You do not want fair & equal treatment. You want Special Treatment for your side & you have posted such several times.

I & others have proffered several times for a thread or sub forum for the purpose of those wanting to learn how to use it... but without the non-true assertions regarding it. Those were basically rejected by your side if not you specifically, but I think you did. You 'want" those non-true assertions. You "need" those non-true assertions.

Mgt. has prohibited the 'debate' of those assertions & has said that "it works for some & not others". So, it must be a 50/50 proposition as to whether or not it will work for anyone new to it. THAT is a rather telling statement regarding those assertions.

I wish I had Never heard those assertions regarding Mr. Shuffett's CTE.

One thing that I think you & I share is a Love for The Game. We should be able to discuss such & all related to it in an Honest Manner.

In case you have not noticed I have never really 'pushed' any other manner of aiming or aligning pool shots of which there are many...because... they ALL are subjective in nature & hence individuals will prefer one or some over others & be able to use one or some better than others. I am not the HAMB by totally random means until it just comes to one. I went through Ghost Ball, Fractional, The Light Reflection, Shadows, & Equal & Opposite, & TOI.

I was Intrigue & 'excited" when I heard it said the there was a complete totally objective aiming "system".

I complimented your recent statement that it should more appropriately be referred to as an alignment "method" with more focus on the balls than the pocket.

I'm running on & do not want to venture off per Mgt's. stance.

You are very correct about this. Who would not want something that gets them to play better? Hence, my former intrigue & 'excitement'. Who would use something that makes them play worse?

The issue of the 1/4 Century 'war' has NEVER been about the above. It has always been about the assertions made regarding it.

Please TRY to be Civil & Truthful should you choose to reply?

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You misstate so much. Duckie's whole Challenge Thread was removed.

I could care less about anything Duckie says or does. If Duckie blows outta here again I won't much notice.

I was referring to MY POSTS in multiple threads.

If you think just because I had PMs with Wilson that we are friends you are entirely mistaken. The same goes for Mr. Howerton. Being civil with common respect is not being friends.

This is exactly where a lot of problems occur with you. You don't READ. You just post, post, post so you reach your goal of 200 posts per day. I didn't refer to you. It was Mr. WHITE.

YOU & other CTEers have done many, many things for which others have been Banned.

People are MOSTLY banned because of their own doing. Anti-CTEers have been on this same assault daily for 2 decades.

imHo, Mgt. would simply like the whole CTE thing to go away. That is why it was sent into a sub forum.

CTE is an AIMING SYSTEM! A VALID aiming system that amateurs and pros use alike.

The nearly 1/4 century 'war' to which I was sucked into about 6 years ago can be ended by Mr. Shuffett with a Simple Truthful Statement.

BULLSHIT! Hal Houle never made any claims about it being 100% fully objective and they vilified him until Stan came along.

THEN... the partial aspects of it that might benefit some could be discussed without the crap.

THAT seems to NOT be what your side wants.

What we would like is for the gang of ANTI-CTEers to drop all of it and STFU already. Those who want to give it a whirl can make their own decisions.

Please go back into NPR and live there.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can you prove what has been asserted and affirmed by many to be false. I don't think you can. You were given your very own thread to do so but came up empty. You had nothing, zero, nada original thought posts in the whole thread. If i had to bet you don't even know enough about CTE to go to the table and even try to make a ball. The whole CTE is just a source of argument for you. It drives your personality to argue. Just look at NPR for your other sources of argument. 60+ posts in there the other day. It's not really your fault though. You have a sickness that has never been treated. Take some advice, go get treatment. Life will be better for you

Cookie (and Spidey):

Why-oh-why do you guys waste your time with him? There's no question, no doubt, that you're dealing with someone with extreme obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), who shows that he whiles away his ENTIRE DAY, every day, posting here on AzB. As you know, we have on good authority that he can't play. So why waste your time arguing with someone that doesn't even have a foundation to argue an aiming system, much less position himself as a "truther"?

Although I'm not a fan of censorship, I agree that some people need to have fences constructed in front of them to bar them from continually destroying a constructive posting atmosphere. I.e. limiting him to post only to NPR or other areas that are either not kryptonite for him or else are "safe blast zones."

-Sean

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Cookie (and Spidey):

Why-oh-why do you guys waste your time with him? There's no question, no doubt, that you're dealing with someone with extreme obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), who shows that he whiles away his ENTIRE DAY, every day, posting here on AzB. As you know, we have on good authority that he can't play. So why waste your time arguing with someone that doesn't even have a foundation to argue an aiming system, much less position himself as a "truther"?

Although I'm not a fan of censorship, I agree that some people need to have fences constructed in front of them to bar them from continually destroying a constructive posting atmosphere. I.e. limiting him to post only to NPR or other areas that are either not kryptonite for him or else are "safe blast zones."

-Sean

Hanging my head down looking at the ground like a little boy who just got caught red handed by one of the parents for doing something bad...I'm sowwy

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

WOW! How "obsessed" you are with me. Following me to NPR to count the number of my posts on the Rather Important Topic of whether or not God exists.

YOU are not God & YOU do NOT dictate to ME where nor what I "CHOOSE" to post or not... & "I" do NOT have to give YOU any reasons as to MY "CHOICES".

However, I CHOSE to use the words of others rather than my own to try to avoid arguments with YOU & the ridiculous Crap that you try to use in arguments that YOU want to have.

You and others constantly 'attack' others on a personal level in an attempt to somehow discredit them. YOU & others seem to NOT understand that such does NOT discredit the Truthful Statements that those individuals have made.

What it does show is that YOU & your side have NOTHING of ANY Substantive Nature to Support your position.

The attack the messenger tactic is very often, if not always, used by those who know that they are losing or have lost the 'discussion'.

The General Readership, I think, understands that.

IF, IF, IF given both sides, I think that THEY can make the Proper Determination regarding an issue.

Please try to enjoy the rest of your life?

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Cookie takes something else out of context. Does he really think those BS tactics that he employs shows him in ANY kind of favorable light? He reminds me more of Neil with his every post. When has Cookie posted ANYTHING of ANY substance. ALL that he does is personally attack ALL who have told the Truth about that "alignment method".

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
He reminds me more of Neil with his every post.

I don't know which one of your alternate personalities you were in at any given time Neil was here, but Neil really gave a LOT. Both in the way of answering questions about different aiming systems but primarily CTE as well as taking the time to do many videos explaining what he was doing and how.

He got sick of it because it was always the same crap of discrediting what he was saying and knocking the entire system. He deleted most all of his posts to in essence say, SCREW ALL OF YOU! DIG IT OUT OF THE SIMONIS YOURSELVES!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I don't know which one of your alternate personalities you were in at any given time Neil was here, but Neil really gave a LOT. Both in the way of answering questions about different aiming systems but primarily CTE as well as taking the time to do many videos explaining what he was doing and how.

He got sick of it because it was always the same crap of discrediting what he was saying and knocking the entire system. He deleted most all of his posts to in essence say, SCREW ALL OF YOU! DIG IT OUT OF THE SIMONIS YOURSELVES![/QUOTE

Neil deleted his posts on every subject not just CTE. He did that BEFORE I was ever a member here.

Then... he came posting in seemingly a bitter mood.

The part of Neil to which I was referring is the BS tactics that he tried to use Against anyone & everyone who was not in agreement with what he said or those with whom HE agreed.

He probably had some good intentions but much of what he said on certain subjects was simply incorrect.

He made a video that HE thought "proved" that bridge length has no effect for a pivot. He made other such scientifically false assertions. I do not think he was a very learned man & perhaps was resentful of rather many things.

I prayed for him back then & I have done so since his passing.

If not for "IT" & if we had met in a Hall, we may have gotten along fine... as we did agree on some other world subjects.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BS tactics that he tried to use Against anyone & everyone who was not in agreement with what he said or those with whom HE agreed.

He probably had some good intentions but much of what he said on certain subjects was simply incorrect.

.[/QUOTE]

English describing himself perfectly