CTE Visual Selection

sbordona

Registered
I been watching Stan's CTE PRO 1 DVD's and online videos for a while now and have a problem with how to determine which visual to use when the shot is close to being in-between visuals (ie not sure if the angle is 29 or 32 degrees) should I use the "A" or "B" visual. When the shot is fairly close to the pocket this isn't a problem, but when the shot gets further away from the pocket it makes the difference between making the shot and rattling the shot. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so how did you resolve it.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I been watching Stan's CTE PRO 1 DVD's and online videos for a while now and have a problem with how to determine which visual to use when the shot is close to being in-between visuals (ie not sure if the angle is 29 or 32 degrees) should I use the "A" or "B" visual. When the shot is fairly close to the pocket this isn't a problem, but when the shot gets further away from the pocket it makes the difference between making the shot and rattling the shot. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so how did you resolve it.

I had the same problem. Stan says it's obvious to tell which perception to use. Here's the secret.....experience.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Watch disc 2 chapter 15 "Distance A Major Factor In CTE PRO ONE"

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
There are no "problems" with CTE.
If it is done correctly, the ball goes into the pocket.
:thumbup2:

If you had purchased the DVDs you'd know what mista335 was talking about in disc 2, Chapter 15, which is titled "Distance A Major Factor In CTE PRO ONE"

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had purchased the DVDs you'd know what mista335 was talking about in disc 2, Chapter 15, which is titled "Distance A Major Factor In CTE PRO ONE"
----------------------

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
As usual, WRONG again.
If you weren't so all in on peddling that book of yours, and paid attention, you would know that the statement in the DVD about "Distance A Major Factor In CTE PRO ONE" is not synonymous with the word "PROBLEM".
Get it in gear, boy, your act is tired out, worn out, and contributes nothing.
(you can't play the guitar very well either, I've seen you...so don't be making brags about that either)

I'm stating facts. I had the DVDs. You are simply chearleading. Lol

And not sure how you've ever seen me play guitar, unless you drove to Charleston WV about 2 years ago, which is the last time I played out. So keep lying....you're doing a fine job. Well, you might not be "lying"....you more than likely found a different Brian Crist from WV that isn't a very good guitarist. Dave S (Spidercomm) made the same mistaken identity. Anyway, you look a lot more honest and smart if you'd just put me on your ignore list again. :thumbup:

Oh....as far as contributing to this thread, I believe I'm the only one who gave the op an answer to his question......EXPERIENCE is how you know which perception to use.

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Low, let's keep it civil. This one is borderline.

Mike

As usual, WRONG again.
If you weren't so all in on peddling that book of yours, and paid attention, you would know that the statement in the DVD about "Distance A Major Factor In CTE PRO ONE" is not synonymous with the word "PROBLEM".
Get it in gear, boy, your act is tired out, worn out, and contributes nothing.
(you can't play the guitar very well either, I've seen you...so don't be making brags about that either)

stockbob55

Registered
There are no "problems" with CTE.
If it is done correctly, the ball goes into the pocket.
:thumbup2:

I didn't say that there were any "problems" with CTE.

I use CTE and I for one don't have any issues.

The OP however is having a genuine problem with "his application" of CTE.

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer.....but

I think that the OP deserves some quality, objective assistance not defensive rhetoric.

This forum should be a safe environment for the exchange of useful information / Q&A to advance this great game.

sbordona

Registered
I didn't intend this thread to get out of hand. I guess there are two mind sets when it comes to CTE, Lets agree to disagree and move on. Hopefully Stan's book or up coming videos will address this issue. Appreciate all the positive input.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I didn't say that there were any "problems" with CTE.

I use CTE and I for one don't have any issues.

The OP however is having a genuine problem with "his application" of CTE.

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer.....but

I think that the OP deserves some quality, objective assistance not defensive rhetoric.

This forum should be a safe environment for the exchange of useful information / Q&A to advance this great game.

homeless people should not have to sleep in the street
everyone should have healthcare
i could go on
:banghead:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't intend this thread to get out of hand. I guess there are two mind sets when it comes to CTE, Lets agree to disagree and move on. Hopefully Stan's book or up coming videos will address this issue. Appreciate all the positive input.

The best advice at this point is to keep working on perceptions. The book and Truth Series will have all the correct answers.