Old
  (#16)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-23-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
For less than $100 you can buy a sheet of plywood and a few 2x8's to build a nice platform so kids can reach the table and be able to hold the cue correctly. I did this for my daughter a few years back....worked great, and could easily accommodate multiple little shooters in class setting.

Also started her off by having her shoot ob's straight into the pockets without using the cb. Once she developed a good enough stroke to consistently be able to shoot an ob cleanly into the pocket of her choice, we began using the cb. And I would tell her where to aim the cb in reference to the ob, using a combination of ghostball and fractional aiming methods. She caught on very quickly, but dance and other activities drew her attention away from the pool table.
Maybe I'm too cautious but I'm always leery of doing stuff like that with other people's kids. If a kid acts up and falls, the next thing you know, you're being sued by the parents. It's just not worth it.

Old
  (#17)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-23-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
Maybe I'm too cautious but I'm always leery of doing stuff like that with other people's kids. If a kid acts up and falls, the next thing you know, you're being sued by the parents. It's just not worth it.
I'd have the same worry with any kind of step and kids, especially in groups.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#18)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member
sparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond repute

09-23-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I'm in the process of building a platform to try out. The way I'm doing it should be very safe but I suppose the room owner will have to make the decision whether to use it or not.
It's a pretty good group of people and I'm fairly certain everyone will be ok with it but if it comes down to parents signing waivers and running it by a lawyer, etc. then we'll just have it forget about it.
That would suck because I think it's something that would be very beneficial.
Thanks again for the imput.

Old
  (#19)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

09-23-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Understandable, sort of. Kids could just as easily smash or break a finger rolling balls around the table. Or one kid could accidentally poke another in the eye or mouth with the butt of the cue during the back stroke. These are things that can happen quickly and easily. It doesn't seem that it would be too difficult to watch that no child falls off of a 4x8 platform that's less than 10" off the floor.the sides could be made tapered, like a ramp, so there is no chance of stepping off and falling. If I were in the business of giving pool lessons to children, I would surely invest in a nice platform, maybe even one that adjusts in height to accommodate different heights in students.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: