Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page APA e-mails are up, is the APA in trouble?
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 « First 456 7816 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-06-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Don't think you watched the entire video.
This guy is a butcher or was drunk.

Funny he's a world class instructor getting 2k a head for lessons.

You guys are right. It's not all about money. People can blow their money any way they like. And gosh darn it the money supports pool so why not?
Says the nobody that won nothing. Gosh, tell us more Mr. Expert pool player. when did you join the tour? what exactly have you ever done to promote or help the game of pool. I'll wait, take your time. LOL

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#77)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Says the nobody that won nothing. Gosh, tell us more Mr. Expert pool player. when did you join the tour? what exactly have you ever done to promote or help the game of pool. I'll wait, take your time. LOL
"The nobody that won nothing" that could refer to quite a few coaches too wouldn't you agree?

I wonder how many coaches joined the tour, is taking someone's money for a lesson promoting the game?

My local golf course offers free lessons to kids in HS and middle schoolers, I have seen some professional pool coaches do the same, that is promoting the game IMO, taking someones money(who plays better than the coach), not so much in my opinion.

Old
  (#78)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
"The nobody that won nothing" that could refer to quite a few coaches too wouldn't you agree?

I wonder how many coaches joined the tour, is taking someone's money for a lesson promoting the game?

My local golf course offers free lessons to kids in HS and middle schoolers, I have seen some professional pool coaches do the same, that is promoting the game IMO, taking someones money(who plays better than the coach), not so much in my opinion.
No, I would NOT agree. Just shows you have no idea of what your talking about. He's the one complaining abot leagues and coaches... usually they come from nobodies that won nothing. And you know I'm right, must be why you had to jump in to answer for him. lol

Of course, you are free to tell us what you've done for pool as well. I'll wait, take your time.

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 11-06-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Old
  (#79)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
No, I would NOT agree. Just shows you have no idea of what your talking about. He's the one complaining abot leagues and coaches... usually they come from nobodies that won nothing. And you know I'm right, must be why you had to jump in to answer for him. lol
I am not demonizing anyone, please quote me where I am demonizing someone, lmfao

maybe you think you are a great promoter of pool because you sell chalk, I dunno.

is charging someone for a lesson promoting pool or themselves more, if you disagree with my opinion, well that must mean "you have no idea of what your talking about", cause only people who agree with you know what they are talking about right?

Old
  (#80)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I rebuilt a pool hall, literally from ashes....just for old timers and guys who can run out from everywhere. We hosted 5 open tournaments with top pros playing exhibitions free of charge to spectators in the room and online. Had SVB, Shaw, Strickland, Immonen, Hatch, Thorpe, Morra and Horliefson.

Other than that, nothing just like you. You have 50 times the posts I do so I guess that makes you sherriff around here.

Last edited by SBC; 11-06-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Old
  (#81)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-06-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I rebuilt a pool hall, literally from ashes....just for old timers and guys who can run out from everywhere. We hosted 5 open tournaments with top pros playing exhibitions free of charge to spectators in the room and online. Had SVB, Shaw, Strickland, Immonen, Hatch, Thorpe, Morra and Horliefson.

Other than that, nothing just like you. You have 50 times the posts I do so I guess that makes you sherriff around here.
Which pool hall? How often do you do these things, Iíd love to come and watch

Old
  (#82)
d8nk
Noah B

d8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond reputed8nk has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshotshoey View Post
Why does everything have to be all about money with some of you people? I mean really.... How much money are you going to make on a valley League, or a BCA League, or a tap League? Does it make your penis swell up every time you win 30 bucks at a mini tournament? How about fifty or a hundred bucks per session on Valley League?

I play pool because I enjoy it. I don't give a damn if I win a dime. If I win enough to pay for my entry fee, drinks, food, and basically break even for the night, I'm happy as a clam. If I don't win anything, I'm happy as a clam. I just like to play.

Wow, all the negativity. If you donít like leagues donít play. It helps keep the sport alive bottom line. And absolutely what buckshot is saying 100%!!

Old
  (#83)
APA Operator
AzB Silver Member
APA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond reputeAPA Operator has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APA Operator View Post
Because I know you didn't ask, I asked for you. All "new" apps go through a lifecycle like this - lots of bugs that have to be worked out. I don't know why you find it so hard to believe, it seems to be the way software is developed now, very little testing, let the user find the bugs. Amazon, Facebook, eBay, they all went through similar cycles. It takes years to have a "stable", non-simple app that people want to use.
I asked why I can't uncheck that box. The reply was "The un-check box isn't working right now. We have a bug fix coming for it with our next release." So there you have it.

Old
  (#84)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
yes, it would be bad. because 90% of those league players are not coming to tournaments on Fri and Sat night. That's a lot of folks NOT spending money on pool and soon finding something else to do. I don't even like weekend tourneys, they just take too long and I really don't want to be up till 1 or 2 in the morning to be honest.

They get out on a Mon thru Thurs when nothing is going on, hang with friends, and support pool.

They are the ones keep the pool rooms open. Oh, those Sat tourneys will NOT keep the place open by having tables sitting there all week and nobody using them. Yeah, the owner will really love that. And when he doesn't put money in the kitty for the Saturday tourney, folks will b1tch about that. So, he's got to pay for the privilege of folks showing up for a tourney. And when the 2 and out, they are not spending much money.
Well stated.

I'm not fond of leagues in the least unless it's a 14.1 or American Rotation league. If its 14.1 or AR, well, I'm all in but, those leagues are few and far between in my area.

Heck, the average league player doesn't even know the rules in 14.1 or AR much less actually play-em.

We don't have to like leagues but, if we want rooms to stay open, we have to have them.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Last edited by jrctherake; 11-06-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Old
  (#85)
buckshotshoey
AzB Silver Member
buckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:

I believe part of your question was already answered a long time ago... I can't say it any better then this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJpilot View Post
Yeah no shit snooker, that's why Tiger's swing coach has so many more majors than him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Playing cue...OB17EMW OB1+ shaft.Everest tip
Playing cue...Predator Icon 1-1 ... 314-2 shaft
Morri hard tip
Playing cue...Viking Millennium (VM25)
Everest tip
Jump/break...Players S-PJB5

"Second place is just another way of saying FIRST PLACE LOSER"

Old
  (#86)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member

11-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I believe part of your question was already answered a long time ago... I can't say it any better then this.....
You do realize Butch Harmon played in the PGA and also won mulitple tournaments in his career, even winning in the PGA. The thing is, if you watch Butch, he can actually swing the club and knows how to play, he isn't going to shank the ball out of bounds.

Old
  (#87)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APA Operator View Post
I asked why I can't uncheck that box. The reply was "The un-check box isn't working right now. We have a bug fix coming for it with our next release." So there you have it.
Of course I didn't ask them! I didn't want to confirm the simple reality you just confirmed:

A. The coders at APA are so bad that the security of the APA has to be at least as bad and everyone should be worried a data breach and watch their credit cards.

B. They lied to you and the bug is intentional.

I'm hoping for B as they have my credit cards info (which I'm now fearful is stored in plain text on some AWS buxket wide open to the world).

I'm positive that the first automobile was a mystery at first, but after 20 years of popular usage there was way too many people that understood how they worked who could dispel myths about them.

Now take a HTML checkbox. Are they hard to mess up? Yes, so much so that if you release them messed up, you did it intentionally or you seriously, seriously don't know what you're doing and shouldn't be allowed near a system that takes electronic payments. Ever noticed that these bugs always seem to happen in a way that harms you for someone else's profit, but not the other way? Hmmm... seems like "bugs" are great at generating profit. After all, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Oh innocent APA, bless your heart.

Lastly, I don't use the "app", I use a browser (but... so an exploit on 1 would work on the other?). Go find any web developer that thinks a check box on a HTM page such as that one is bugged. Even if you have no clue how a web site works you understand how a check box works (yes, it works exactly like you think even in the code). Technically, you have to add code specifically for altering the default state of such a box. By default the box is either on or off, Javascript has to be added to toggle the boolean state of that element, or to put simply, you have to work to make it happen.

Old
  (#88)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

11-07-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I am not demonizing anyone, please quote me where I am demonizing someone, lmfao

maybe you think you are a great promoter of pool because you sell chalk, I dunno.

is charging someone for a lesson promoting pool or themselves more, if you disagree with my opinion, well that must mean "you have no idea of what your talking about", cause only people who agree with you know what they are talking about right?
That's the point, you don't know what "folks" have done behind the scenes to support pool, but just quote "well, he charged for lessons".... yeah, so what. why not speak about the things he does to promote pool and the free lessons he's given over the years. Why, it does not fit the narrative.

TZAR Tips now available.

Old
  (#89)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

11-07-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:

That's great. So, why are you wasting your time bashing someone else that helps billiards and promotes pool. This makes no sense to me and never will. Just because you don't know everything Scott has done for billiards and the game does not make them any less important than what you do, what I do, what everyone does. And just fro the record, I do a lot more than just sell the best fuggin chalk on the planet (thanks for the plug) but I'm not about to get into a pissing contest because anything done for pool is good for everyone.

TZAR Tips now available.

Old
  (#90)
BryanB
Huge Balls
BryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-07-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
There we again first thing on your mind is money. What is it with you and money?
What kinks my colon is so many people think leagues are beneath them somehow.
I play leagues but not APA. I did play APA when I started playing in 2012 but I hate the format (slop) and the fact the LO's give nothing back to the players beside participation trophies...which have went in the trash.

If your profile is correct and you've been playing APA since 2002 and you are still a SL 6, maybe, just maybe, you should take the step and play in something a little more competitive. I'm sure you are drinking with your buddies and don't care about being competitive or wanting to improve.

Bryan
USAF Retired 1988-2009

Playing cue: Doug Patrick
Jump: Caveman Cues (Ruben Silva) https://m.facebook.com/Caveman-Custo...7541689443979/

ACS Instructor
OB Cues - Dealer & Player representative
Magic Chalk Dealer

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 « First 456 7816 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: