Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page G M files for Bankruptcy
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-13-2019, 09:07 AM

I remember being in high school and a classmate said his Dad works at GM drilling holes in certain places so the car would rust. To this day I don't know if he was joking or not.

I know guys would set up their line machines to run and take off during work and head to the bar and come back later and punch out.

Owned my last GM car around 25 years ago. Swore I would never own one again. Every GM car before that one of us drove in the family(we were a GM family) had front end problems, leaked oil and coolant, mufflers were garbage as well.

GM made cars to support the aftermarket parts sales, they took their customers for granted. It still goes on too. Saw a new Vette a few years ago, already had a headlight out. It couldn't have been more than a few months old.

Growing up right next to Lansing, I delivered food when I was a teen. Park in the lot where the guys were in their cars on lunch. Whole parking lot smelled of pot. I'm sure there was more going on. Gotta love that union power.

Talking bad about GM back then was like talking bad about vets, you just didn't do it.

If I won the Lotto, I might buy a new Vette but that is the only vehicle in their line.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#17)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

11-13-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
I know, I searched.

GM just ended their strike and gave out like $11,000 to each full time worker if I'm not mistaken.

Looking forward to some of that money coming to me.
The $11000 sounds good at first take.
A guy I play pool with is a 40 year GM electrician.
It cost him $8200 in lost pay.
So the $11000 was a net plus $2800.
$2800 plus is good but it was not an $11000 plus.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#18)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepocketron View Post
American car manufacturers fell behind in many ways years ago and Toyota and Honda were only too glad to take the customers from them. In business, once you lose a customer, no matter the reason, if they find a replacement product that is superior, it is extremely difficult to get them back even if you get your quality on par with theirs.

It's just not the quality of the product that swung buyers over to the Japanese imports, it had a lot to do with the service they received AFTER the purchase was made. I personally got the run around on warranty work from American car dealers so many times it was insane. Drive the car home, only to have the same issue come up a few days later. I can't tell you how many time my car was going to be ready on Tuesday, only to have that become Friday. Their customer service was horrible, and I mean BAD.

When I finally decided NOT to buy American due to the lack of customer service, and also in part to the quality of the product, the change in customer service was stark. I was treated like a king when I took my car in for service. Warranty work was done correctly with no need to bring the car back for the same issue. My car was actually ready for me to pick up at the date and time that was promised......amazing. Several times my car had an issue (like A/C not working correctly in one specific instance) and the car was 10,000 miles out of warranty....it was repaired at no cost. Now that is what you call customer service. I assure you if it were an American dealer, I would have had to pay. I bought 2 Toyota's that never had to be taken back for any warranty work as they were perfect.

I will say that I bought a Corvette in 2017 new, and the quality and treatment I have received during and after the purchase has been really good. I've always wanted the American icon and they were having a HUGE sale, so I decided to take the leap. I have not had to return it for warranty work, so that is really great. I was very impressed with the dealer that I chose to do the oil changes and service on the car. On time drop off, on time service completed, and the entire inside of the car in plastic so as not to get dirt on grease on the interior when they drove the car out of the service by for me to pick up. To this point I'm very happy with them.

Folks can say it's all manner of things that caused the Big 3 to lose customers, but it really came down to quality and customer service in my view. Why would I go back to one of the Big 3 when Toyota has done nothing but jump thru hoops to keep me happy and treated me exceptionally well? Other than the Vette, I don't know if I'll ever buy from the Big 3 again. As I stated earlier, they lost my business, and it's hard to get it back.
Damn, I could have posted this entire post, word for work, just change out the 2017 for 2007 vette and it's dead balls accurate to what I would have posted.

I'm not a "hater" of American cars, just don't like the annoying quality problems. Oh, they've come a LONG way, and they had to with Toyo and Honda breathing down their necks, so they are MUCH better today than ever. But, without the Japanese cars, American cars would not have gotten much better.

I really, really like Lincoln MKZ, its elegant but not in your face, just has a good look from all angles. Twin turbo V6 with 400hp. But, I don't know if I could ever pull the trigger.....

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#19)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
He didn't get union/strike pay?

I imagine he's making just a bit more than the average line worker. In Michigan here he could have easily found side work. The state is starved for skilled labor.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#20)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

11-13-2019, 10:00 AM

One of my friend from H/S RP work in the painting section of the old Ford Pico Rivera Assembly Plant. As a Ford Employee he could have got a super duper deal on any new Ford. I asked him if he was going to buy a new Ford at employee pricing.

He replied NO because he saw how they were built, and the assembly people did not care if they were quality or not.

Ford did a wonderful job with their Crown Victoria Police Car, how many Cops burn to death, or had career ending injuries after being rear ended. Big Fire Bombs.

Old
  (#21)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Damn, I could have posted this entire post, word for work, just change out the 2017 for 2007 vette and it's dead balls accurate to what I would have posted.

I'm not a "hater" of American cars, just don't like the annoying quality problems. Oh, they've come a LONG way, and they had to with Toyo and Honda breathing down their necks, so they are MUCH better today than ever. But, without the Japanese cars, American cars would not have gotten much better.

I really, really like Lincoln MKZ, its elegant but not in your face, just has a good look from all angles. Twin turbo V6 with 400hp. But, I don't know if I could ever pull the trigger.....
Pull that trigger on the Lincoln, you only live once!! My friends (before I bought the Vette) told me my kids were going to enjoy all the money I saved, I'd be the richest man in the grave yard......so I pulled the trigger. Just go in with your check book and get it done.

Old
  (#22)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 10:17 AM

Bankruptcy???

They've got C8's to build.

Chop chop, Chevrolet!

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#23)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Pull that trigger on the Lincoln, you only live once!! My friends (before I bought the Vette) told me my kids were going to enjoy all the money I saved, I'd be the richest man in the grave yard......so I pulled the trigger. Just go in with your check book and get it done.

GrandPa said, "there are no pocket in shrouds", or if you live in Rio Linda. Never saw a Armor Car following a funeral procession.

Spend your kids inheritance, if you don't they will blow what you leave em

Last edited by CocoboloCowboy; 11-13-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Old
  (#24)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
From my perspective.......getting $11,000 and not having to work for it is really good!

Old
  (#25)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
It's not the check book, it's the "quality" i'm worried about. How is this thing gonna hold up after 7 years? what about 10 years? I tend to drive my cars for a long time. I mean, the warranty only lasts so long lol

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#26)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

11-13-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
It's not the check book, it's the "quality" i'm worried about. How is this thing gonna hold up after 7 years? what about 10 years? I tend to drive my cars for a long time. I mean, the warranty only lasts so long lol
7 to 10 years?
Better get an import,not German of course.
I gave up on American companies vehicles after a really bad time with late 80's Chrysler minivans total junk.
I know the quality of American vehicles have gotten much better but that bitter pill is still stuck in my throat.
I have been driving Hyundais for awhile and have no complaints.
I currently have an Elantra GT I cant find anything the car does bad,it's all great.
It could use a little more power but it gets along pretty good 0 to 60 in 7 seconds.
My boss at work gets to drive company bought vehicles.
He got a Jeep Grand Cherokee and in the first year it was recalled 14 times.
It was delivered to him with missing fasteners here and there.
He got rid of it a year and a half later.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#27)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.

11-13-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post
From my perspective.......getting $11,000 and not having to work for it is really good!
Happens daily in the Halls of Congress in Washington DC.

Old
  (#28)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 06:16 PM

I read something earlier in the month, Strike Costing GM Billions.

GM was right with automobiles one time.
455 Oldsmobile, Rocket 88, Chevy, Buick, Delta's, Pontiac's.
Not even the Cop's would chase Greased Lighting

Old
  (#29)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post
Not really.

They have to actively support the strike, such as picketing and/or working on union commitees. For this they get $50 a day, $250 max a week, before taxes.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#30)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
Not really.

They have to actively support the strike, such as picketing and/or working on union commitees. For this they get $50 a day, $250 max a week, before taxes.
I was just trying to apply this logic to my own job..... so I decide to stop working for a couple of weeks..... my employer loses $ thousands in lost productivity, delayed projects, etc. And to reward me for all of this......my employer hands me a check for $11,000.......and that's not considered adequate compensation for all of the "suffering" I've gone through?

LOL......no wonder union workers have a reputation for being entitled.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: