Old
  (#31)
Buster8001
Did you say shrubberies?
Buster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-05-2019, 05:46 AM

The only thing I can recommend, is do NOT skimp on a case. Many players will spend a thousand on a cue, then turn around and put it in $100 case with no joint protectors. Save up, and purchase a nice case to protect your instrument. I do not care for the man, but I cannot say enough good things about my JB Mason case. It's phenomenal.

Josh

"Eight ball up her thight!"
-Kung Fu Master-

"Pool is an analog game in a digital world."
-Chuck Fields-

Old
  (#32)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member
Ipmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Having used JB cases for years with all sorts of cues including liinen, leather, and wrapless, I completely disagree. Never had one damage a cue or a wrap and itís the only interior I use. My new custom King has a JB interior and that was a big selling point. Maybe there was something unique about the linen wrap you had or maybe age had made it particularly fragile, but Iíve never seen a problem with linen wrapped cues on these interiors.
Agreed, my cues go in and out of my Rugged 3 nights a week.
Leather, linen, no wrap my cues look like new.

Old
  (#33)
cubswin
Just call me Joe...
cubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2019, 06:13 AM

JB case is what I like, been very happy with mine over last 3-4 years.

Old
  (#34)
dardusm
AzB Silver Member
dardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-05-2019, 12:35 PM

JB cases are very good as pointed out by others. I just picked up a Castille leather "soft" 2 x 4 case, the new one and very pleased with it.

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. ~John Lennon

That's what a champion does, take their time in key situations ~ Scott Frost

Player: Holly/Ebony Custom Roach Cue
Breaker: Custom Roach Breaker
Jump: Custom Roach Jump Cue

Old
  (#35)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
11-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
The material is not good for cues. Even the "loose fit" tears at linen and puts marks in the finish.

I have personally seen it ruin the irreplaceable linen on vintage cues. Causing pilling where a ProLite or similar style material does not.

If you play with wrapless Sneaky Pete cues, more power to you. Anything else.gets hurt by the material. If I could get an Ultimate Rugged with a premium interior, it would be the only case worth owning. The body and the nylon are excellent. Great ideas with the handles and placement of pockets. Overall a great case, but the interior is a deal breaker.
I firmly disagree about the pilling. There is no way that the fabric we use causes pilling on irish linen wraps. nor does it, nor can it scratch a finish. I have been using the same fabric for 30 years since Instroke and through JB Cases. I have tested this fabric dozens of times. Made videos about it. Challenged people to come to my booth and rub a cue in a mastubatory fashion for hours if they think it will scratch the finish.

None of my personal cues, including my vintage ones, have been in any way damaged by our interior.

I have just spent 30 minutes rubbing the irish linen on my Joss, on my Jim Buss, and on my Richard Harris with no change to any of them. All three cues were kept inside our interiors. I don't see any way that our fabric could induce pilling.

Nor is our fabric liner in any way harder than a cured finish and as such cannot affect a cue's finish with normal use.

A claim such as you have made makes me sick to hear it. Cue protection is my number one goal and for you to say that our cases cause damage to ALL cues, wrap and finish, is horrible. Another case maker made a claim that our interiors would dull a finish so I created a polishing pad comprised of our fabric backed by the same foam rubber we use and let people rub my cues all weekend with zero dulling on any of them.

So, without actual evidence I have to firmly reject your claims. I am not saying that you didn't have a cue or more as you claim where there was a problem with the irish linen but I will say that I am confident that the problem was not caused by our interior.

If needed I will make another video amply proving this.

At this point there are tens of thousands of JB Cases out there and if our interiors were doing what you say then everyone would know about it.

I am always willing to try and reproduce any claim and this one has been clearly debunked many times over.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#36)
CESSNA10
AzB Gold Member
CESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 05:34 PM

Instroke cases are tough guys and will last the duration

Old
  (#37)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-11-2019, 06:31 PM

JB Cases are the best available. I have been using them for decades with no damage to any cues EVER!

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#38)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
11-13-2019, 09:47 PM

So, never one to leave stuff alone, I went to do some research. Waxed irish linen thread pretty much does not pill. Especially when it is pressed in my opinion.

I apologize but claims that a JB Case interior damaged a cue, which is then extrapolated to all cues by the claimant, really really bothers me.

For those who don't know linen is made from the flax plant. Flax allows for long and strong fibers. The cord known as Irish linen comes from mills in Ireland and is available in plys (twisted strands) of 2,4,6, 12, etc... It is exceptionally strong and resistant to friction and abrasion.

In short a weaker, softer fabric has virtually no chance to impair this cord at all as it is used on cue cases.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#39)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
So, never one to leave stuff alone, I went to do some research. Waxed irish linen thread pretty much does not pill. Especially when it is pressed in my opinion.

I apologize but claims that a JB Case interior damaged a cue, which is then extrapolated to all cues by the claimant, really really bothers me.

For those who don't know linen is made from the flax plant. Flax allows for long and strong fibers. The cord known as Irish linen comes from mills in Ireland and is available in plys (twisted strands) of 2,4,6, 12, etc... It is exceptionally strong and resistant to friction and abrasion.

In short a weaker, softer fabric has virtually no chance to impair this cord at all as it is used on cue cases.
Pressed, Waxed and Polished , yes, that's the way to do it, love it.

Old
  (#40)
Dave-Kat
AzB Silver Member
Dave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond reputeDave-Kat has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 11:17 PM

JB 'ultra pad' Interiors on a few of my cases for 2-4 years. Top shelf. Secure and safe.

Must be loaded correctly

-Kat,

Old
  (#41)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 01:45 AM

i just got a predator urbain case and absolutely love it. I got it mainly for all the extra room for carrying accessories. Most other cases on the market don't really have storage, they have two pockets where you just pile everything in with no organization.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: