Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page Best case for the money?
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Best case for the money?
Old
  (#1)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Best case for the money? - 06-30-2012, 11:36 PM

I'm in the market for a hard tube 3x6 or 4x8 case. I went to the only billiard store in the Metro area but all they had were of the hard molded plastic inside top variety. I don't want that because I think that could scratch the cues or rip a wrap. I'm careful but I know accidents DO happen. I've gone online but I can't seen to find one without inconclusive desciptions. I'm leaning toward a Sterling 4x8 wheeled one but there are no pictures of the inside. Is it one tube with fabric deviders or is it 12 individual tubes? I would have thought someone would be making a case with a soft molded rubber top to both protect & hold the cues. The old Instroke owner is overseing production of the Sterlings. He seems to be using foam backed fabric to hold the cues, but as I mentioned the description does not give a complete picture & there are no pictures of the case opened. Any guidence will be appreciated & I thank you in advance.

Old
  (#2)
dom_poppa
Banned
dom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2012, 11:39 PM

When it comes to affordable cases but what about Giuseppe?

Been awhile...pretty sure they still make them.

Old
  (#3)
Baxter
Out To Win
Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

07-01-2012, 12:09 AM

I'm pretty happy with my Vincitore. John Barton will tell you how the bottom fell out of one he had and damaged his cues, but I've never had a problem with mine.

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde

Old
  (#4)
dr9ball
"Lock Doctor"
dr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3000

07-01-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
I'm in the market for a hard tube 3x6 or 4x8 case. I went to the only billiard store in the Metro area but all they had were of the hard molded plastic inside top variety. I don't want that because I think that could scratch the cues or rip a wrap. I'm careful but I know accidents DO happen. I've gone online but I can't seen to find one without inconclusive desciptions. I'm leaning toward a Sterling 4x8 wheeled one but there are no pictures of the inside. Is it one tube with fabric deviders or is it 12 individual tubes? I would have thought someone would be making a case with a soft molded rubber top to both protect & hold the cues. The old Instroke owner is overseing production of the Sterlings. He seems to be using foam backed fabric to hold the cues, but as I mentioned the description does not give a complete picture & there are no pictures of the case opened. Any guidence will be appreciated & I thank you in advance.
The Sterling Wave case is very good for the money in my opinion.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sterl...Myuw0e6clRy4M:

http://www.google.com/search?q=sterl...Myuw0e6clRy4M:

Rufus

PBIA Certified Instructor and Proud Member of the SPF Family of Instructors

If you like piano music here's my Fan Page check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/Rufus-Carte...pp/2405167945/

Old
  (#5)
dom_poppa
Banned
dom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2012, 02:19 AM

Giuseppe is true and time tested....I believe they give you a lifetime warranty.

Old
  (#6)
OUSooner
Known Fish
OUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 250

07-01-2012, 02:26 AM

I've owned Guiseppe and Vincitore with little problems. My Sterling marked up my ivory butt cap pretty bad. For a custom for the money I would go with Swift.

Old
  (#7)
dom_poppa
Banned

07-01-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSooner View Post
I've owned Guiseppe and Vincitore with little problems. My Sterling marked up my ivory butt cap pretty bad. For a custom for the money I would go with Swift.
Another Sterling case that causes damage. The OP should beware. This is one of the reason why I am hesitant towards a JB case.

I would go with Giuseppe because my old case was one and it was fantastic. Right now I am looking for more of a high end case so I am either going with a Barton case or a better case like Jack Justis.

Old
  (#8)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-01-2012, 03:38 AM

here is a thread on sterling wave cases from the cue case review section
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=185254
i think sterling wave cases are great

i

Old
  (#9)
dom_poppa
Banned

07-01-2012, 03:47 AM

There is also this particular thread that started a war on here that JB had to make videos to defend his design...I don't know what was the ending or if there was one but this is the famous thread that scared many potential customers away....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=235251

Old
  (#10)
OUSooner
Known Fish
OUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond reputeOUSooner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 250

07-01-2012, 03:51 AM

For clarification my Sterling was an older one and not a Wave. But it did damage the finish on the butt of my cue after just a few uses. I bought a new Vincitore on ebay for next to nothing and used it for a few weeks before selling it for a tidy profit. Same with a Guiseppe. I actually still own one 2x4 Guiseppe that I carry a couple sneaky's in. It carries well but I'm not a huge fan of the strap material. But for the price you can't beat it.

I also own a Justis, which I like a lot, and Jack has excellent customer service on any repair issue, as well as several other custom cases. But a couple Swifts I recently took on trade are really nice. And considering a new price direct from Dennis is about the same as a used Justis I don't see how you can go wrong. I have a close friend that has a 25 year old Swift very similiar to one of the ones I own and it has seen very heavy usage(several times a day) and it has held up great. Whatever you choose make sure it carries comfortably and protects your cues well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#11)
Patrick
1 Pocket Addict
Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1050

07-01-2012, 04:24 AM

If you are looking for a 4x8 case with the most bang for the buck, I'm my humble opinion you will be hard pressed to find a better deal:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sterling-Bla...item564708770a

I got a 2x3, 3x6 and a 4x8 from this same line and they are a hell of a deal.

Patrick

Cues: Joss, Dufferin, BHQ

Break cue: Lomax

In Progress: Mike Webb

Wish list: Barnhart, Mordt, Blackcreek, Barenbrugge

Old
  (#12)
carter1984
AzB Silver Member
carter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond reputecarter1984 has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2012, 04:32 AM

detailed interior images can be found here - http://www.cuesight.com/stw2bk.html

Old
  (#13)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_poppa View Post
When it comes to affordable cases but what about Giuseppe?

Been awhile...pretty sure they still make them.
+1. These cases are excellent quality and reasonable priced. You will not be disappointed.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#14)
Trent
Banned
Trent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond reputeTrent has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2012, 05:41 AM

http://www.casesbyswift.com/home

I have a 3x6 with custom tooling with a extra pocket for business cards and it was very affordable and built like a tank.

I dont know how much your looking to spend but through the yrs ive went threw quit a few cheaper cases enough to buy probably 2 of my current case. and i know people who have had their swift cases for over 10-15 yrs and theres still rock solid and look good.

Old
  (#15)
RADAR
AzB Silver Member
RADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2012, 05:44 AM

Get a instroke case!! Here is why. Very practical for tourneys you can keep your cue together in the case. Fit snug enough where cues are not rattling around in case while driving down road! They also have moisture protection as well and not heavy to carry. Still the best case on the market in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: