JB Ultimate Rugged

swellone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was holding out for SBE to pick up an ultimate rugged case direct from JB. Im not sure I'll make it so I pulled the trigger & ordered from Sybert on Monday. The case came in today (Wed) & I'm very impressed.

First of all the fabric sleeve that it came in was a nice touch (even if simple & inexpensive). The case itself is awesome! It's more sleek & less bulky than my other cases. It is also much lighter as well. The snug fit of the ultra pad is nice, no loose cues at all. Even with 3 pockets it's still low profile with more than enough storage. My only concern is how the orange interior will look over time from the chalked tips going in & out of the case.

One thing I'd like though is an extra shoulder strap to possibly carry the case like a backpack. Hopefully JB reads this & can point me in the right direction.
busady7u.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm loving mine as well. I really like the little pocket up top to keep my chalk in. Before it either fell out or I miss placed it. I can still carry a cue ball in the middle pocket and the lining is great !

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yah, they're great! I have the brown interior and I just wipe my tips off before putting the shaft in the case and I have zero chalk marks in mine so far. I've always done this even in other cases, just makes sense to wipe the tip off to me.

cyberrot

Curly Maple Nut
Silver Member
One thing I'd like though is an extra shoulder strap to possibly carry the case like a backpack. Hopefully JB reads this & can point me in the right direction.

The default models of both Basic and Ultimate Rugged JB Cases do not come with double back shoulder straps.

double back shoulder straps is an available custom option at US$20 if you place an order direct with JB Cases.

More information can be found here: http://www.jbcases.com/basicrugged.html

JohnBoy21

Registered
http://jbcases.com/forsale.html

That link will give you a general idea with pricing. If you go to their home page you can design your own case and it'll give you a total as well. Worth every penny I have an ultimate rugged right now with back pack straps an organizer tray 4x8 that I order at the SBE and it was 255.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Just got mine the other day and really love it used instroke for years glad i got one

Armour

Registered
Questions for you guys with this case. I'm looking at the 3 Butts - 4 Shafts

1. In the pictures it looks like the bottom of the cues will rub against the bottom of the shafts. I am concerned about rub marks on the butt of the cue when pulling them out or just sitting in the case. Is this an issue? They look like they are touching.

2. I have large hands and in the pictures it looks like it may be hard to get the butt out because of what looks like a snug fit. Is this an issue?

3. If the materiel hard to keep clean on the inside and out?

Again I am going on pictures so maybe neither one of these is an issue. I like the look of the rugged case and from what I have read they seem to be great cases.

Thanks

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Questions for you guys with this case. I'm looking at the 3 Butts - 4 Shafts

1. In the pictures it looks like the bottom of the cues will rub against the bottom of the shafts. I am concerned about rub marks on the butt of the cue when pulling them out or just sitting in the case. Is this an issue? They look like they are touching.

2. I have large hands and in the pictures it looks like it may be hard to get the butt out because of what looks like a snug fit. Is this an issue?

3. If the materiel hard to keep clean on the inside and out?

Again I am going on pictures so maybe neither one of these is an issue. I like the look of the rugged case and from what I have read they seem to be great cases.

Thanks

Nothing touches when the case is full but you will need to learn how to load and unload it so that nothing can touch.

Here is one of my videos on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjvLGfsQOw

I will make another one next week that is done with better lighting and clear.

Armour

Registered
Is each sleeve separated and closed in individually all the way down top to bottom? I assume they are, but I wanted to make sure.

Also over time will the sleeves wear down and not hold the cues in place or as tightly from sliding out as they do now?

Thanks for your help and info. That video helpful for sure.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Is each sleeve separated and closed in individually all the way down top to bottom? I assume they are, but I wanted to make sure.

Also over time will the sleeves wear down and not hold the cues in place or as tightly from sliding out as they do now?

Thanks for your help and info. That video helpful for sure.

Cases that I have seen after many years of use still hold the cues snugly. I do make the foam a little snugger so that it will settle into a good state of protection and retention.

The fabric never wears out as far as I can tell.

From the top of the cavity to the bottom each cue part is in separate compartment.

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cases that I have seen after many years of use still hold the cues snugly. I do make the foam a little snugger so that it will settle into a good state of protection and retention.

The fabric never wears out as far as I can tell.

From the top of the cavity to the bottom each cue part is in separate compartment.

I've been using a tubed case for a long time and just switched to JB case, first thing I noticed is that it is a really snug fit in the inside, case have is 3/4 but only put 2/3 and still have a hard time to fit them in, don't know if I ever want to use all slots.
So I wonder (pretty sure that John must be testing it all over but still need to ask) will it (the tight fit) affect/bend the shafts over the time?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I've been using a tubed case for a long time and just switched to JB case, first thing I noticed is that it is a really snug fit in the inside, case have is 3/4 but only put 2/3 and still have a hard time to fit them in, don't know if I ever want to use all slots.
So I wonder (pretty sure that John must be testing it all over but still need to ask) will it (the tight fit) affect/bend the shafts over the time?
You might be inserting the parts in wrong. The answer to your question though is no, there is no lateral pressure on the parts in the center of the case. Nothing to bend any parts when inside the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

theattendant

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might be inserting the parts in wrong. The answer to your question though is no, there is no lateral pressure on the parts in the center of the case. Nothing to bend any parts when inside the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I'm considering getting a JB case, a 2X5/3X4 style. I was wondering if you could post a picture of how the cues are intended to be placed in the case. currently I like placing the butt of my cue in the case joint down, and the shafts joint up.