American Made Cases

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What manufacturers and brands of cases are made in the USA?

I see Instroke is, Porper is, and I hear O'Neil is( which is what I really want but can't find online).

Trying to see what options are out there. I want protection first, something I can throw in the back seat of my super crew and have it land half way seat/floor or miss seat completely etc. Something tough enough to handle a clumsy girl carrying it at times, yet look good enough to Match nice boots/clothes. Oh. And under $250 preferably leather.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=4092018&highlight=O'Neil+case#post4092018

I see Instroke is, Porper is, and I hear O'Neil is( which is what I really want but can't find online).

Trying to see what options are out there. I want protection first, something I can throw in the back seat of my super crew and have it land half way seat/floor or miss seat completely etc. Something tough enough to handle a clumsy girl carrying it at times, yet look good enough to Match nice boots/clothes. Oh. And under $250 preferably leather.

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm he was in there yesterday. My new custom Dan Janes is making needs a secure home. 19.5 with a 12.5 😛

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Really? I'm not buying non-American made products.

Well good new is there are American's making Pool Cue Cases.

Bad New IS:

Components like Lining Material, Leather, Hardware, Zippers, Thread, and components use to make these Pool Cue Cases come from China and other places.

Because American Manufactures, and Tanneries have left the USA over:

Labor Costs

People not willing to work with their hands, or get their hands dirty.

Laws making it tough to Tan Leather, and deal with the by products of Tanning Process.

Now if you want a Great American Made Case, that is built for war, as great value for the price, fast delivery. Think Dennis Swift.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Attachments

• baby-graphics-crying-002093.gif
    baby-graphics-crying-002093.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 830

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I can help it, and the options are available, I purchase American. I'm not a preacher, just do what I can 😊.

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
When I can help it, and the options are available, I purchase American. I'm not a preacher, just do what I can 😊.

I know where your coming from. But it's almost impossible anymore.
I wish the US would close its borders & be self sufficient. Take care of its own.
But the jackass's running the show will never let it happen.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if any case makers have explored using Horween leather, tanned right in the Chicago area. They are really big right now in the US made footwear industry working with the likes of Alden, Whites, Wolverine, Quoddy, etc. I know they offer some pretty thick leather used in belts too, so it's not just lighter footwear weight leathers.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Why do people think Instroke is made in the USA?

Porper
Guiseppe
Chuck Fields
Justis
Whitten
Rusty Melton
Ron Thomas
Steve Price
Dennis Swift

These are some of the makers in the USA. Not many in your price range for good quality leather cases but there they are.

For a case that supports 3 Americans and 1 soon-to-be American you can look at JB Cases. If you want to support Americans that is.

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been looking at JB cases for the last two hours actually. I see a lot of people have zero protection problems with them. I could see one the back seat of my F-150.

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, the only problem I'm having is deciding which one i want. I have one cue now, another Mr.Janes is building, and need a jump cue. So many designs. I like the Barry and Classic 7 so far. Liking the black. I'll probably change my mind 3-4 more times in the next day or so lol.

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if any case makers have explored using Horween leather, tanned right in the Chicago area. They are really big right now in the US made footwear industry working with the likes of Alden, Whites, Wolverine, Quoddy, etc. I know they offer some pretty thick leather used in belts too, so it's not just lighter footwear weight leathers.[/QUOTE

There's some other US Tanneries also, Wicket and Craig and Herman Oak are a couple that come to mind.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I wonder if any case makers have explored using Horween leather, tanned right in the Chicago area. They are really big right now in the US made footwear industry working with the likes of Alden, Whites, Wolverine, Quoddy, etc. I know they offer some pretty thick leather used in belts too, so it's not just lighter footwear weight leathers.[/QUOTE

There's some other US Tanneries also, Wicket and Craig and Herman Oak are a couple that come to mind.

America has the best access to good leather in the world in my opinion. Not only are there still good tanneries in the USA but also there are many great distributors still active who deal in leather from around the globe. There is not much in the way of leather that isn't available in the USA.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
i would say a good cue case is very important.. especially if your pool cue is expensive.. and in most cases.. they usually are.. so i would say buy the best case you can find to fit your needs.. i owned a justis, guiseppe, murnyak , and many porper cases.. along with some cheap ones over the years.. the fancy leather ones were just never for me, i always seemed to be more concerned with damaging the case through normal use and and wear and tear so i always seemed to go back to my basic porpers because they protected the cues and i was never worried about damaging the outside because they were always inexpensive... the older justis and guiseppe i had were always overly heavy.. so carrying them around say the expo became a nightmare.. but i ended up selling them while they were still worth something.. in the last year and a half, i have gotten three JB rugged cases, which i use a 3x4 as my every day carry case and i have two 4x8's i use for storage... these cases seem to be the most durable outside construction cases i ever had, have the best interior design and are exceptionally light when they are full of cues.. the most important part of the jb case is my peace of mind i have when the cues are stored in them..

i will always love my porper cases but the interior design has me on the fence.. as they are more then cappable to serve their purpose.. the inside tubes seem to be rough and since there is only soft material around the top of the tubes and only just passed the openings.. its the bottom of the tubes that have me worried about protection..

hope this helps..

chris

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
I love my JBCases Tough Love Series case!!

This case will likely outlive me...it is built just that well. The oil-tanned leather is perfect for real world use, as most scuffs and minor scratches just rub out. The UltraPad interior keeps the cues from moving around unnecessarily, thus avoiding potential finish damage issues. The 2x5/3x4 configuration is brilliant, IMHO. My case also has a quick access pocket that will hold a piece of chalk, and joint protectors during play. Case is just perfect for everyday carry of your cues.

The beauty of John's cases is that even if you go for the more economical Rugged Line of cases, you still get quality in construction AND the interior protection that John is known for. Not to mention, he stands strongly behind his products, and will work to make his customers happy. If an issue should occur, and it happens to everyone, if he can't fix it, he'll replace it. Doesn't get much stronger than that.

Last edited: