Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Best shafts ever produced.
Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Best shafts ever produced.
Old
  (#1)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Best shafts ever produced. - 06-05-2018, 07:04 AM

Best shafts ever?

They have won more than any other shaft.

Been around with an excellent track record spanning centuries.

M ade
A nd
P layed
L ike
E xcellence

The best part?

No one ever spams AZBilliards with them, we donít need to.

Maple sells itself, Thanks and you're welcome.

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time

Old
  (#2)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 07:20 AM

Up till about a year and 2 months ago I 100% agreed with you.

But I tried a Revo and now laugh at your statement.

Old
  (#3)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-05-2018, 07:28 AM

I decided to switch to LD Jacoby Hybrid about 6 months ago because I'd
never given LD enough of a whirl and I liked the shaft. I do miss the maple hit but
then again I'm playing with the hard tips that came on the shafts. I do like the hit of
13mm but I don't like the squirt but I can manage it. Time will tell on it, several locals here have gone back to maple..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuesDirectly View Post
Best shafts ever?

M ade
A nd
P layed
L ike
E xcellence

The best part?

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#4)
nj82tj
The dude abides.
nj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 07:33 AM

It's all personal preference and subjective, but, I agree with you. I tried LD and much prefer my normal maple shafts. YMMV.

60" Dzuricky Custom
8í Brunswick home table

Old
  (#5)
marek
AzB Silver Member
marek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Best shafts ever?

M ade
A nd
P layed
L ike
E xcellence

The best part?

By your logic the best shafts in the 90s and early 2000s were SSTs from Cuetec as they won about 10 world championships with Earl and Allison on board - thats the best track record there is for that time period

Old
  (#6)
zeeder
Will queue for cues
zeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

06-05-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Best shafts ever?

M ade
A nd
P layed
L ike
E xcellence

The best part?

Maybe Adventurous People Like Experimenting?!

Zack <--- Guy who likes cues

Old
  (#7)
Agent 99
AzB Silver Member
Agent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond reputeAgent 99 has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Best shafts ever?

M ade
A nd
P layed
L ike
E xcellence

The best part?

I know your industry is challenged, in fact technology is always disruptive and threating to the older ways of doing things. However time waits for no man, or industry .. best of luck.

Player: Becue Naked
Break: Mezz Pwr Bk Pro
Jump: Lomax

Old
  (#8)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Best shafts ever?

M ade
A nd
P layed
L ike
E xcellence

The best part?

No one ever spams AZBilliards with them, we don’t need to.

Don't know about won more than any other shaft. I think past 2000s more tournaments have been won with some low deflection shaft than not. Especially if you count local/weekly/league events.

Need to wait another 30 years to see how things turn out for shafts as far as wins go.

I don't agree that there is a "best" of anything when it comes to sports equipment, it's only "best" if the person can perform their best with it. So far I have not seen any pro win more with a Revo than their prior shaft, not have seen amateurs win more when changing shafts every other week. I think on here the only person to come out to give a good review of a shaft making them better is Marek.

I will tell you that I have helped several newer C players advance more with going from standard shafts to LD. I watched them play, and noticed they missed a lot of shots with spin. They did not know about deflection. After a bit of time spent explaining it to them, and having them try a few LD shafts, several of them switched to LD and were able to play better.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 06-05-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Old
  (#9)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 08:39 AM

Donít burn down the trees just yet...

Name:  8EFBA4DA-F566-4C42-8739-C8AC35A5CE6E.jpg
Views: 2584
Size:  191.3 KB

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#10)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Itís cute. We have a brand war over materials and people have gone full Mac vs. PC or iPhone vs. Android.

It makes sense people are curious and/or excited about carbon fiber. Itís new. Thereís a lot to discuss. The reason you donít see a lot of maple threads is that itís not new and thereís not a lot of questions to be asked at this point.

Respectfully, Matt
(I donít take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

Old
  (#11)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 08:48 AM

I have both REVOís but must say there is nothing like a good piece of maple.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#12)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
Up till about a year and 2 months ago I 100% agreed with you.

But I tried a Revo and now laugh at your statement.

You actually believe this isn't true?

Quote:

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#13)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
Don't know about won more than any other shaft. I think past 2000s more tournaments have been won with some low deflection shaft than not. Especially if you count local/weekly/league events.
You don't know? Seriously?

Ah yes...those LD shafts were made of unobtanium I suppose?

Even today, most LD shafts are maple.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#14)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 09:04 AM

Is there an over/under on how many pages this thread will go?

Maple for this crusty old bastid...it just feels right to me.

Old
  (#15)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
You don't know? Seriously?

Ah yes...those LD shafts were made of unobtanium I suppose?

Even today, most LD shafts are maple.

Usually when people say "maple shafts" they are not talking about LD shafts. Almost every shaft thread is "maple or LD shafts better?".

It's maple, or LD. I guess now we have carbon fiber but of course that is new enough that it's not "tested" or "proven" yet, and will take a long time for those shafts to be used to win tournaments. So the original statement is true, just like saying that more wars were won with archers and horsemen than with guns. Wait a few more 100 years.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: