Old
  (#151)
dlvh
AzB Bronze Member
dlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-02-2019, 02:52 PM

Looking really good Scott. Glad this coat came thru without incident!

Old
  (#152)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

09-02-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlvh View Post
Looking really good Scott. Glad this coat came thru without incident!
Well, I spoke too soon. Some very faint fish eyeing occurred while drying. I think I've narrowed it down to thinning the paint a little too much Planning to scuff and shoot the third coat Weds or Thurs morning with a little thicker paint mixture.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#153)
nine o nine
AzB Gold Member
nine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond reputenine o nine has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2019, 05:20 PM

Scott....Use an HVLP gun and do you have an oil trap in your pressure line? Why not check in with a body shop supplier for fish eye reducer for your paint too? Might help. Sanding the existing fish eyes is important because the contaminent causing the problem is trapped in the finish and will work into the next coat. If it's not oil it's usually silicone probably from a cleaning rag used long ago. Good luck...love the look!! Mitch

Old
  (#154)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine o nine View Post
Scott....Use an HVLP gun and do you have an oil trap in your pressure line? Why not check in with a body shop supplier for fish eye reducer for your paint too? Might help. Sanding the existing fish eyes is important because the contaminent causing the problem is trapped in the finish and will work into the next coat. If it's not oil it's usually silicone probably from a cleaning rag used long ago. Good luck...love the look!! Mitch
Thanks, Mitch! Much appreciated.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

That's Experience
Old
  (#155)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrow That's Experience - 09-02-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine o nine View Post
Greenies Sent

Old
  (#156)
Baby Huey
AzB Silver Member
Baby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2019, 08:26 AM

Scott, good idea using the carpet squares. Easy to replace when stains appear. I'm thinking about using them next time I re-carpet my poolroom.

Old
  (#157)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
Scott, good idea using the carpet squares. Easy to replace when stains appear. I'm thinking about using them next time I re-carpet my poolroom.
Thanks, Jerry. I like the look, cost was relatively inexpensive ($250 and my time to install), and to your point, easy to replace if soiled. Prior to the carpet, we were playing on the concrete floor which does a number on balls jumped off the table not to mention your feet and back. The carpet has made it a much more enjoyable environment to play.

Old
  (#158)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

09-03-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyed View Post
As to fish eyes, the actual cause is left over silicone and or waxes on the finish to be painted. Very hard to get all traces off with a simple sanding and wipe down before first coat of paint, only takes a trace. They do make special solvents to use with the wipe down before your first paint coat, or they also make an additive that you can add to your paint before spraying, that will help reduce the surface tension. If you already have it, yes then the correct step would be to sand it back somewhat and respray. And 400 grit would be nice, but depending on the depth, you may need to start with 320, and finish with 400. If it is orange peel, and not fish eye, thats something totally different, and usally caused by a misadjustment of your spray gun, as it relates to the amount of air to the thickness of the paint.
I agree 100%, There's a big difference between latex paint and oil based paint when painting over a wood surface.

Watching closely Scott
Old
  (#159)
thebaby
Jack of all trades
thebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond reputethebaby has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

Thumbs up Watching closely Scott - 09-03-2019, 11:49 AM

First , want to say Hello to my buddy Baby Huey. Like to play you some of that One Pocket , HaHa , let you off the hook last time . Scott that blue is really nice. I see the problem your having with the fish eyes . Well , I think I'm going to have my brother- in law do the painting for me , seeing he does that for a living ( last 30 years ). As you know , I'm sanding all my wood components all the way down to the bear wood . As per our conversation via text , My skirts are tangerine underneath the white paint like your friends . I'm just not sure which way I'm going as far as color is concerned. Thanks again for helping me out .
Frank

God , Family , Pool ,
I cannot lose..........

Last edited by thebaby; 09-03-2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Old
  (#160)
wincardona
AzB Silver Member
wincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond reputewincardona has a reputation beyond repute

09-04-2019, 01:09 PM

Would love to see the finished product and make an offer. Unless you are determined to kkeep the table then good luck with it and once again looking good.

Bill Incardona

Old
  (#161)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-04-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
Would love to see the finished product and make an offer. Unless you are determined to kkeep the table then good luck with it and once again looking good.

Bill Incardona
Thanks for the compliments and the offer but I think I'm going to hold onto this one for a while.

Old
  (#162)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

09-04-2019, 04:39 PM

If I canít figure out this damned spray gun Iím going to take a match and petrol to their table!

Ok no, no I wonít, but I may weep.

Old
  (#163)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

09-04-2019, 06:15 PM

Looking good Scott... if I still played pool I would love to play on a properly set up GC1 !! Maybe my next life?

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#164)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-04-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket View Post
If I canít figure out this damned spray gun Iím going to take a match and petrol to their table!

As a woodworker hobbiest, figuring out a spray gun is harder than making hand cut dovetails, IMO.

<=== Still haven't figured out all the tricks.

Old
  (#165)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

09-04-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket View Post

You've already wept so you may as well light the match, pyro boy. I've got a can of WD-40 you can start the festivities with.

Page 11 of 23 « First 91011 121321 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: