Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page EMILY DUDDY Professional
Page 19 of 20 « First 9171819 20

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#271)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-17-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
You should post a review on Yelp if you haven't already. I did a search on Fargo Billiards and the first result I got was Yelp. They are beating up Fargo Billiards pretty bad there. Some great reviews like yours but too many poor reviews too. With a possible one to five star rating they only have a flat three star rating and some one star reviews would be a zero if it was an option. Some get great food and service, some are talking hour plus waits when the place is almost empty. Some rough food reviews too. I would have thought Mike had enough friends that their five star reviews would have him over four stars out of thirty-five reviews.

Hu
It does better on trip advisor....although I think it’s bad advice to trip anybody.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#272)
donny mills
AzB Silver Member
donny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 11:03 AM

Bullshit. The 3 sets I played Siming Chen she beat me with a combined score of 57-52. She was a 790 and I was a 756 at that time. If Fargo was accurate the score would’ve been 57-45. She beat me 57-52. Scores were 15-13, 21-19, 21-20. Truth

"I'll tell em" Chris bartrum

Old
  (#273)
donny mills
AzB Silver Member
donny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
It absolutely can. Fargorate looks to use the same method as the United States Chess Federation ratings - statistics.

And a rating in either system, for established players, makes SPECIFIC predictions on match scores between two rated players. At least in chess, it is generally one game against each opponent, so a single "bad game" can somewhat skew things.

Even so, USCF ratings are extremely accurate, and Fargorate might actually capture MORE information, as there are less Fargo rated events than USCF events.. But we get the benefit of more games in each match. Mike Page has demonstrated in here multiple times, including the Siming Chen - Donnie Mills match, and the prediction were spot on, within a GAME.

Irrespective of naysaying, statistics don't lie, and they don't care whether one player can't kick well, but plays great safes and runs out, versus a player who is a moderately good shotmaker, great safety player, and great kicker. Fargorate makes very specific predictions based on pure rating, and unless that player practiced heavily in the last period before a tournament, the results are generally gonna be in line with their Fargorate.. Shotmaking is the number one factor, just as in chess, the ability to see another half-turn accurately is the number one factor.

To be more analytical about it, at virtually every Fargorate range, there is a very specific skill that separates them from the next level. What, in general, separates SVB from a 750 player? I will tell you, it's 100% the break. So, "all these factors" are already built in to Fargo rate. What separates a 500 from a 550? Shotmaking and position. Maybe a touch of safety. A 600 from a 650? Shotmaking and safeties. Position is pretty much a non-factor between those two players.

The 3 sets I played Siming Chen she beat me with a combined score of 57-52. She was a 790 and I was a 756 at that time. If Fargo was accurate the score would’ve been 57-45. She beat me 57-52. Scores were 15-13, 21-19, 21-20. Truth

Old
  (#274)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-19-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donny mills View Post
Bullshit. The 3 sets I played Siming Chen she beat me with a combined score of 57-52. She was a 790 and I was a 756 at that time. If Fargo was accurate the score would’ve been 57-45. She beat me 57-52. Scores were 15-13, 21-19, 21-20. Truth
FargoRate doesn't predict exact scores for single matches - it predicts approximate outcomes over time. And it adjusts for actual results - your ratings might be a little closer after that.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#275)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah but NOW she is a 795 and your a 754, and Fargo (in your estimation) was off by how many games? 7? Lol, do you know how ridiculous you sound?

Old
  (#276)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-19-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
And Efren beat her 3-2. And Wilkie crushed her. And Shane beat her their 7 sets more than the FargoRate predicted. I think if Mike listed two versions of Siming's rating, one only against women, and one only against men, they would be vastly different. PS, she is 795 now.

Anytime someone asks a Fargorate question about any two players, Mike will quickly bring up the entire match history about the two players in question, in spreadsheet format, and post it on here. But we have asked countless times for Siming's rating vs men only, and Simings rating vs women only (or both men and women combined), and get nothing. Its like when superman saves a cat up a tree, but then is nowhere to be found when the world is being blown up by the villain flavor of the month.

Old
  (#277)
donny mills
AzB Silver Member

10-19-2019, 11:33 AM

Short bus Russ said that Fargo predicted the score between Siming and I within 1 game. That’s not true. It was 7 games off. How am I crazy? How am I wrong?

Old
  (#278)
donny mills
AzB Silver Member

10-19-2019, 11:35 AM

Wilkie beat her on a table with boingy rails and older cloth. She does not play her best on equipment like that. I have a feeling everyone in this thread doesn’t have enough pool knowledge to even understand that

Old
  (#279)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Short bus Russ said that Fargo predicted the score between Siming and I within 1 game. That’s not true. It was 7 games off. How am I crazy? How am I wrong?
Mike Page works with results...don’t recall him claiming to be a soothsayer.
Sometimes when you get out of bed, you’re gonna play over your head or under your ability.

Quote:
Wilkie beat her on a table with boingy rails and older cloth. She does not play her best on equipment like that. I have a feeling everyone in this thread doesn’t have enough pool knowledge to even understand that
I think most people on here know there’s conditions they play on that suit them more
than others.
I played a ball and a half worse on Robertsons for instance.

Lionize your game.

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#280)
donny mills
AzB Silver Member

10-19-2019, 12:10 PM

For example. A guy in my hometown I give the last 5 and the breaks to. I beat him 5 sets in a row on a diamond table that plays perfect. If we switched to a gold crown with boingy rails and gaffed pockets I would have no chance of beating him. This is the thing that Fargo doesn’t account for. Besides that I really like Fargo a lot.

Old
  (#281)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
No Donnie, people on this thread have no idea slower cloth plays more difficult She plays on world class equipment with new cloth a lot. Yeah we get it.

Old
  (#282)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member

10-19-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
For example. A guy in my hometown I give the last 5 and the breaks to. I beat him 5 sets in a row on a diamond table that plays perfect. If we switched to a gold crown with boingy rails and gaffed pockets I would have no chance of beating him. This is the thing that Fargo doesn’t account for. Besides that I really like Fargo a lot.
No system will be able to account for tiny details in changes of equipment, I feel like you may not have enough pool knowledge to understand that.

Old
  (#283)
pt109
WO double hemlock

10-19-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Back in the day I played a millionaire on a 6x12 Fleetwood giving 20 points..
...in 4 or 5 sessions best I did was break even once.
I played him twice on his own 6x12 Anniversary...gave him 35 points and robbed him...
He said he’d never play me on his own table again.

If you think of FargoRate as a rule of thumb it will help...
....if you’re looking for perfection, you’re on the wrong planet.

pt...thinks that if Carlot hired a guy to run his business, he’d go up to 800 Fargo...
....but it would cost him money over all

Lionize your game.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#284)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

If you think of FargoRate as a rule of thumb it will help...
....if you’re looking for perfection, you’re on the wrong planet.

pt...thinks that if Carlot hired a guy to run his business, he’d go up to 800 Fargo...
....but it would cost him money over all
Like you I believe he could get to 800 at a price

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#285)
mikepage
AzB Gold Member
mikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
And Efren beat her 3-2. And Wilkie crushed her. And Shane beat her their 7 sets more than the FargoRate predicted. I think if Mike listed two versions of Siming's rating, one only against women, and one only against men, they would be vastly different. PS, she is 795 now.

Anytime someone asks a Fargorate question about any two players, Mike will quickly bring up the entire match history about the two players in question, in spreadsheet format, and post it on here. But we have asked countless times for Siming's rating vs men only, and Simings rating vs women only (or both men and women combined), and get nothing. Its like when superman saves a cat up a tree, but then is nowhere to be found when the world is being blown up by the villain flavor of the month.
I don't remember being asked and holding out or anything like that. There is just not that much in there. There are just over 200 games here, and I get about 770. Without the Wilkie match it is 784. So that gives an idea of how sensitive it is to new information.

A performance rating based on 200 games is a third of the time going to be off from its long term value by more than 20 points.
Attached Images

mike page
http://www.fargorate.com
player ratings for the world

Page 19 of 20 « First 9171819 20

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: