Reload this Page G M files for Bankruptcy
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
G M files for Bankruptcy
Old
  (#1)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

G M files for Bankruptcy - 11-12-2019, 05:33 PM

Succumbing to the millions of road rage lawsuits filed after SCOTUS decision.

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#2)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-12-2019, 06:12 PM

GM the choice of Obysmal.

Old
  (#3)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

11-12-2019, 06:13 PM

First off GM should have never ever been bailed out by the OBAMA administration, they should have been allowed to file bankrupsy, reorganize, and ride themselves of the union contracts that was a big part of their problem. But the Obama folks owed the Unions something for their support.

Second when the OBAMA Administration bailed out GM, GMAC Bonds became worthless, many retiree, and other investor took it in the shorts.

In G.O.D. (Good old days) the Big 3 American Automaker made a fairly good product, but in the late 60's and 70's the Japanese who did not focus on next year model, but we're think in 1970, about their 1980 models. Started seizing Car & Light Trucks in the USA. They offer product American wanted, at fair prices.

Had the Big 3 not had the attatude that Americans would continue to buy inferior products, because they were made in the USA. But compete with quality, and price competitive products.

We in the USA would not have VW's, Datsuns (now NISSAN), Toyotas, Lexus, Infinitys, Mercedes Benzes, Volvo's and other foreign Cars & Truck park in our garages in the number we have today.

Last made in the USA Car or Light Truck I owned was like 20 years ago. It was a Cheverlot S-10. STUPID CHEVERLOT abandon the mini truck like Ford did with their Ranger. Stupid American car companies like building products, that do not sell well.

Love my New BMW it is the Untimate Driving Machine

Old
  (#4)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

11-12-2019, 06:58 PM

Can you provide a link please.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#5)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

11-12-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
Yes, asap. Late breaking news that the Silverware industry also filed because of today's SCOTUS ruling opening them up to millions of "forks made me fat" lawsuits.

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#6)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

11-12-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
It will be from 2009.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#7)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

11-12-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
First off GM should have never ever been bailed out by the OBAMA administration, they should have been allowed to file bankrupsy, reorganize, and ride themselves of the union contracts that was a big part of their problem. But the Obama folks owed the Unions something for their support.

Second when the OBAMA Administration bailed out GM, GMAC Bonds became worthless, many retiree, and other investor took it in the shorts.

In G.O.D. (Good old days) the Big 3 American Automaker made a fairly good product, but in the late 60's and 70's the Japanese who did not focus on next year model, but we're think in 1970, about their 1980 models. Started seizing Car & Light Trucks in the USA. They offer product American wanted, at fair prices.

Had the Big 3 not had the attatude that Americans would continue to buy inferior products, because they were made in the USA. But compete with quality, and price competitive products.

We in the USA would not have VW's, Datsuns (now NISSAN), Toyotas, Lexus, Infinitys, Mercedes Benzes, Volvo's and other foreign Cars & Truck park in our garages in the number we have today.

Last made in the USA Car or Light Truck I owned was like 20 years ago. It was a Cheverlot S-10. STUPID CHEVERLOT abandon the mini truck like Ford did with their Ranger. Stupid American car companies like building products, that do not sell well.

Love my New BMW it is the Untimate Driving Machine.
The problem Detroit had in the '70s was not inferior products. The Japanese were already building and importing small, economical cars. Few Americans had any desire to drive a tiny "shitbox", as they were commonly called. Ownership was more out of necessity as gasoline was in short supply and prices were rising at an meteoric rate. And it has often been argued the "fair prices" the Japanese offered were due in part to dumping.

I will agree Detroit dragged their feet in getting competitive back then.

As for "Stupid American car companies like building products, that do not sell well.", that is no longer the case. The top three vehicle sales leaders in the US are all American made, Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge, in that order. All full size trucks.

So, not sorry you miss your S-10. Not even a little bit.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#8)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-12-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRED View Post
Succumbing to the millions of road rage lawsuits filed after SCOTUS decision.
Fake News.

dumluk

Old
  (#9)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

11-12-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
It will be from 2009.
I know, I searched.

GM just ended their strike and gave out like $11,000 to each full time worker if I'm not mistaken.

Looking forward to some of that money coming to me.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#10)
ChopStick
Unsane Poster
ChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond reputeChopStick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-13-2019, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
You mean when Obama turned over the assets of GM to the union, which is a clear violation of the law and a 100% impeachable offense. My father was a GM bond holder whose savings were robbed by this marxist POS.

Don't believe everything you think.

Old
  (#11)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post

The top three vehicle sales leaders in the US are all American made, Ford, Chevrolet
and Dodge, in that order. All full size trucks.

Guess GM will be falling out of their second spot in sales.

Seems GM has been a has been ever since they caught Obysmal's eye.

In my youth, I owned many GM products including a new 69 vet.

I would never own new or used or drive GM anything. They are Lefty
vehicles and I am a Right sort of guy.

Old
  (#12)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopStick View Post
You mean when Obama turned over the assets of GM to the union, which is a clear violation of the law and a 100% impeachable offense. My father was a GM bond holder whose savings were robbed by this marxist POS.

I use to go to this Tusday Coffee Club held by an Edward Jones Broker, he sold many many Seniors GMAC BONDS. His pitch was GMAC Bonds were as strong as a bar of Gold, GM would be here for ever. No I never bought, but many di and their net worth went to CRAP. GAMC Bonds my A--.

Pardon me if I personally feel most of the IMPORT are a better vechicle, and hold value better. Honda has come a long way from the first Honda 600 Vechicle, and they have Acura Luxery Car - SUV Also.

Maybe I my exposure to fine foreign car came from working in an automotive bookstore in So. Cal. In the 60's is H/S, being exposed to Ferrari's, Mazaratti's Cooper's Mercedez, Roll Royces, and many other fine cars. Place was called Autobooks in Burbank, CA. Famous history there for car guys.

Now I live 20 miles from the Penski Complex in Scottsdale that sell everything from VW - Lamborgini. IMHO their is a difference in Europian craftsmen, and could give a crap union workers.

When I had my business I drove American Iorn, mostly Fort Tempos, and Fast Back Mustangs. 4 Cycliner, 5 Speed Manual, Cruse, Tilt Wheel, Am FM, Roll up windows, basic car. Most ran for 150- 160K before I got another one. Cheap dependable Car. Drove 120-130K/year, car were tools.

But now my driving annually is like 12-15K, I love driving my BMW, it has the bells & whistle. Plus it was about the price of a Ford Edge, but like 10 time the quality, ride, and performance.

Maybe it was my H/S job in Burbank, CA that turned my eye toward Europian Cars, as I worked in a place called Auto Books. We supplied factory manuals for everything from English Fords, Coopers, Ferrari's, Porsches, etc. Plus had the largest collect of title of automotive books. Our two page ad was in every issue of Car & Driver, and Road & Track. A lot of the people with money came to the story weekly to purchase the latest English racing newspapers. they drove the Jags, Porsches, Ferraris, Mazaritti's to the store. Guess when you see fine Europian car you eith love or hate. I fell in love.

Dopn't get me worn done of my dream cars to ouwe would be a fully restored, 56 Cheverlot Nomad 2 Door Wagon.

Last edited by CocoboloCowboy; 11-13-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Old
  (#13)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 07:07 AM

American car manufacturers fell behind in many ways years ago and Toyota and Honda were only too glad to take the customers from them. In business, once you lose a customer, no matter the reason, if they find a replacement product that is superior, it is extremely difficult to get them back even if you get your quality on par with theirs.

It's just not the quality of the product that swung buyers over to the Japanese imports, it had a lot to do with the service they received AFTER the purchase was made. I personally got the run around on warranty work from American car dealers so many times it was insane. Drive the car home, only to have the same issue come up a few days later. I can't tell you how many time my car was going to be ready on Tuesday, only to have that become Friday. Their customer service was horrible, and I mean BAD.

When I finally decided NOT to buy American due to the lack of customer service, and also in part to the quality of the product, the change in customer service was stark. I was treated like a king when I took my car in for service. Warranty work was done correctly with no need to bring the car back for the same issue. My car was actually ready for me to pick up at the date and time that was promised......amazing. Several times my car had an issue (like A/C not working correctly in one specific instance) and the car was 10,000 miles out of warranty....it was repaired at no cost. Now that is what you call customer service. I assure you if it were an American dealer, I would have had to pay. I bought 2 Toyota's that never had to be taken back for any warranty work as they were perfect.

I will say that I bought a Corvette in 2017 new, and the quality and treatment I have received during and after the purchase has been really good. I've always wanted the American icon and they were having a HUGE sale, so I decided to take the leap. I have not had to return it for warranty work, so that is really great. I was very impressed with the dealer that I chose to do the oil changes and service on the car. On time drop off, on time service completed, and the entire inside of the car in plastic so as not to get dirt on grease on the interior when they drove the car out of the service by for me to pick up. To this point I'm very happy with them.

Folks can say it's all manner of things that caused the Big 3 to lose customers, but it really came down to quality and customer service in my view. Why would I go back to one of the Big 3 when Toyota has done nothing but jump thru hoops to keep me happy and treated me exceptionally well? Other than the Vette, I don't know if I'll ever buy from the Big 3 again. As I stated earlier, they lost my business, and it's hard to get it back.

Old
  (#14)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.

11-13-2019, 07:18 AM

Well if it was not for CHINA most of the Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycle we use for transportation & fun would not run without the MADE IN CHINA Components in the Vechicles.

Remember meeting a fellow in 98, just after retiring. He was Asian could not tell if Chinese, or Korean, turned out he Chinese, also just retired. Worked for GM in China, I said really they sell car in China? He replied he oversaw Chinese Manufacturing in China. I ask what they made in China, he said a list of items. I replied like Delco Remi & Guide Lamp Plants in Anderson IN?

He replied they use, both those Indiana Plant Closed, now it's Delfi, all Made in China.

Old
  (#15)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
As for "Stupid American car companies like building products, that do not sell well.", that is no longer the case. The top three vehicle sales leaders in the US are all American made, Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge, in that order. All full size trucks.
].
And the best selling cars and SUV's are Toyota, Honda and Nissan, in that order. Weird, huh

So, what do most Americans like to drive, cars and SUV's.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: