If you could afford any cue makers cue who's cue would you buy for your everyday cue

Bassmaster

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
1) Deano cue is my favorite everyday take anywhere player.

2) My Mike Bender is super nice..its beautiful, balanced and hits ridiculously well, I just get paranoid about taking it everywhere.

3) Wes Hunter...This cue is his amazing!, He has got to be one of the most underrated cue makers ..or bang for the buck cue makers out there. Shafts are perfect, straight is the word. Hit is stiff..I have had both Sugartree and my current Wes hunter and I prefer the Wes..I think the shaft taper is better and the butt diameter is a little smaller.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
I don't know how you could even ask this question. Most posters will only reply with cues that have actually stroked and hit balls with, otherwise they are making a decision based on looks only.

Balance and shaft taper are too big things with me when evaluating a cue, and hit of course.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron Haley. However, I presently play with a cue from Mike Durbin, hard to imagine a better playing cue.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take a TAD from the sixties that cost $50 and still hits good. It had a Steel Pin, Birdseye Maple Butt and Linen Wrap. It fit my three (3) criteria then and now. Hits like a ton, user friendly and could draw for miles. What else could you ask for?

Bob Herrmann

Jerry McWorter, his cues are simple, elegant and have a great hit. I first took notice of Jerry's work at the 2013 SBE. He had one in the people's choice vote. After looking at all the entries I felt that Jerry's design was the only one I would actually play with. I did my research on Jerry in the year that followed and decided to buy one. I'm very glad I did, it looks and plays great!

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I could order a cue from any one maker on the planet it would be Dennis Searing. His work is at the top of the food chain, in my opinion. His attention to detail, fit & finish and playability are exceptional. He cares about making the finest cue possible. And I know when it is finished it will exceed all of my expectations. He is a gentleman to talk to and his customer service is fantastic.

Chris

2 year later and I STILL stand by these words...:rolleyes:

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A relatively plain and simple Gina, Searing, or a fancy Sugartree.

I haven't tried either of the first two, but they are so hyped that I'd love to just try one.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably one by Rick Howard or Wes Hunter. It would be tempting to splurge on a big name maker, but I wouldn't want to deal with the worry over playing with it everyday. Those cues attract attention. Next thing you know you're taking it to the pisser every time you go.

I like cues with no signature or logo. Keeps some element of mystery.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Webb. Oh, that is my every day cue (break and play, just need to convince him to make a jump for me he he)...

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Keith Josey

Bingo...after I bought my Josey I quit buying cues. If you get a cue you like, hang on to it. After a certain point, it really is the indian, not the arrow. But the top Indians shoot some awfully nice hitting arrows.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Bought my Josey in 2007...It's a titlist style with 4 veneered even and razor sharp points. Subtle compared to his fancier stuff, but I don't worry much about it being stolen. Should something bad happen, I'd be on the phone to order another....it has a stiff hit with good feedback, which I love.

Attachments

• DSCN0232.jpg
    DSCN0232.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:

XPLAYHARDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
easy answer

TASCARELLA by far there are alot of fine playing cues but for me Petes cues seem to have that sweet feel that is second to none.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aside from the new Lomax I already have coming, my next choice would be a Hercek....IF....I could get it in a timely manner as opposed to the incredibly long wait times I'm told it takes to get one of his works of art.

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
I have mine already, 2 Kikels that hit like a dream. That said, Paul Mottey cues sure hit pretty damn amazing too and Squirrel beats the hell out of me with his about twice a week. (Yeah, 86 and he still plays world class 1p)