Accidentally hit button. Weight.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....I really really from the bottom of my heart do not understand why people think I am a troll. I really really from the bottom of my heart hope someone can explain why and help me.

First thing, some people you will encounter in life are assholes. Nothing you can do there but ignore them the best you can.

Secondly, this forum has had issues with a lot of people over the years coming here to "troll" and start shit. Same people come back after getting banned, over and over again.

Your questions, which I think are mostly honest and sincere are along the lines of things that previous trolls have posted here in the past.

If you want my advice, your questions are from a very inexperienced perspective in this game, it might be best not to ask every question that comes to mind when talking to a group of people who are very experienced. Lots of people on this forums have played and studied pool for several decades.

Questions about spiders in tables blocking balls etc, while good for a smile, has never been a problem, anywhere, at anytime. So when you ask that question to someone (forums included) who have much more knowledge and experience than you, some people are going to think you are trolling or messing with them.

Make sense?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First thing, some people you will encounter in life are assholes. Nothing you can do there but ignore them the best you can.

Secondly, this forum has had issues with a lot of people over the years coming here to "troll" and start shit. Same people come back after getting banned, over and over again.

Your questions, which I think are mostly honest and sincere are along the lines of things that previous trolls have posted here in the past.

If you want my advice, your questions are from a very inexperienced perspective in this game, it might be best not to ask every question that comes to mind when talking to a group of people who are very experienced. Lots of people on this forums have played and studied pool for several decades.

Questions about spiders in tables blocking balls etc, while good for a smile, has never been a problem, anywhere, at anytime. So when you ask that question to someone (forums included) who have much more knowledge and experience than you, some people are going to think you are trolling or messing with them.

Make sense?

Thank you for your kind words. I am not sure I will stop posting stuff but this helps.

on your first remark I try and do that.

on your second remark I believe you can block a persons IP address and do other things to stop them from ban evading.

Just to make sure we are on the same page the chutes inside the coin operated pool table that funnel the balls is called a spider. At least that is what I believe it is called. If I am wrong feel free to correct me. And in playing on them I have seen 2 balls go missing.

In my mind this would be a thing that should either never happen or be fixable right away without having to call someone. Which is what they had to do both times.

Anywho thanks for your comment. It really did help.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of the bridge, one time at a pool room, the table that was assigned to me had the bridge laying on the playing surface. I assume the player(s) previous left it there, instead of bending over to replace it in the rack. Some elderly folk play at this room. But it could have been do to any number of possible scenerios, like it was just repaired or newly purchased.

Has this ever happened to you? What should I have done? What did you do about it? /t

Nope I would put it back where you found it. It has never happened to me so I am not sure but I believe I would have done the right thing.

I'm not who you are looking for. I'm not interested in a bunch of back and forth about your passive aggressive, strawman, obtuse and convoluted arguements.

These things aren't interesting just because they happened to you and I'm not here to explain your misinterpretation of what is said by me or anyone else.

I'm starting to be almost convinced you are "Balls" from a few months back.
Sent from the future.

Nope never been here before. Then ignore me and dont post.

People look at me and tell me “you lost weight” and I like to say “no, I actually gained weight, I was once 6 pounds”

I win I weighted 2lbs when born.

You may be the worst poster on this entire forum. Worse than that, you are constantly inclined to start threads on the main forum about nothing, thereby devaluing this forum for every other poster. Why not wait until you have something to say before you post? Just a thought.

I do have stuff to say. Just because you don't believe it is important does not make it less important. you can ignore me if you wish then the problem will be solved.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your kind words. I am not sure I will stop posting stuff but this helps.

on your first remark I try and do that.

on your second remark I believe you can block a persons IP address and do other things to stop them from ban evading.

Just to make sure we are on the same page the chutes inside the coin operated pool table that funnel the balls is called a spider. At least that is what I believe it is called. If I am wrong feel free to correct me. And in playing on them I have seen 2 balls go missing.

In my mind this would be a thing that should either never happen or be fixable right away without having to call someone. Which is what they had to do both times.

No problem.

As to the "spider", not sure if thats what Valley calls theirs (the part itself), you might be right there. Most people just call it the ball return system or similar.

What happens is people drop cubes of chalk or what have you down the pockets on accident, and then yes, balls can get blocked from rolling down the rest of the track.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....In my mind this would be a thing that should either never happen or be fixable right away without having to call someone. Which is what they had to do both times.

Missed that part the first read. Diamond did "fix" the problem on their tables, their return system is much different.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Missed that part the first read. Diamond did "fix" the problem on their tables, their return system is much different.

I believe newer valley tables have this issue also fixed. But I believe this table was older. Also in my world the bartender should have a key or such to be able to open the table and grab the ball or such. They did not and they had to call the tech. Well they did that later and they just gave me another ball.

Also before you say the bartender is busy making drinks. I was one of 3 other people in this place.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe newer valley tables have this issue also fixed. But I believe this table was older. Also in my world the bartender should have a key or such to be able to open the table and grab the ball or such. They did not and they had to call the tech. Well they did that later and they just gave me another ball.

Also before you say the bartender is busy making drinks. I was one of 3 other people in this place.

Valleys have spaces in their system for stuff to fall through, but sometimes without opening the table, the only way to "unclog" it is to lift and shake a little. Its not good for the table legs, or your back however.

Also, some bars etc do not own the pool tables. Those are owned by vending companies and rented by the bar. The vending companies may or may not leave keys. Ive seen more than one table that had the change box keyed the same as the ball compartment etc.

Other possibilities are the keys were lost, the owner/manager is the only one with the keys etc.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
No problem.

As to the "spider", not sure if thats what Valley calls theirs (the part itself), you might be right there. Most people just call it the ball return system or similar.

What happens is people drop cubes of chalk or what have you down the pockets on accident, and then yes, balls can get blocked from rolling down the rest of the track.

I would think that that ball return thingy would be called a plenum.