Taiwan 10 ball Invitational (Chang JL/Ko Pin Yi/Yang/Chang YL) (24-26July)

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I don't have a problem with that given how many players seem to use ball cleaning as a de facto free extension.

The solution would be to limit the number of times a player can ask for the cueball to be cleaned during a rack, not allow the ref to take the entire shot clock and cost a player their inning at the table.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang Yu Lung is known as a risk taker who goes for low % shots.
In his match v Ko with score at 0-2 (around 17 minute mark), he made this crazy audacious jump kick shot. He hit the 1 but sold out. I may be wrong but that looked like a difficult shot :D

https://www.facebook.com/justbilliards/videos/755580595199960/?t=1020

changyl11.JPG

changyl10.JPG

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. Ball cleaning has become a joke. I'd limit ball cleaning to once per player per match.

I don’t think it should be allowed at all during a game. The cue ball can be cleaned without holding up a match while the balls are being racked. Sometimes I play for weeks at a time without cleaning mine.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Would love to see a Chang vs Filler march up...

Guessing you mean match up, not march up. Who wouldn't want to see it?

They hooked up twice in ten ball at the 2019 Derby City Classic. In the first match, Chang won 11-9 in the Big Foot final. In their action match a few nights later, Filler won 17-14. In other words, they played 51 racks of ten ball against each other, and Filler won 26 of them and Chang won 25 of them.

A match between them would be a virtual coin toss. The undisputed winner would be the pool fan.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guessing you mean match up, not march up. Who wouldn't want to see it?

They hooked up twice in ten ball at the 2019 Derby City Classic. In the first match, Chang won 11-9 in the Big Foot final. In their action match a few nights late, Filler won 17-14. In other words, they played 51 racks of ten ball against each other, and Filler won 26 of them and Chang won 25 of them.

A match between them would be a virtual coin toss. The undisputed winner would be the pool fan.

FWIW, I think Chang's maturity and mental game gives him the edge.