Short cue for short person?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what your comment means, but using a shorter cue would mean your giving up shots that may become out of your reach using a standard or longer cue, unless you use a bridge.
Personally, I prefer a longer cue and/or an extention. Some people have mastered the bridge, I am not one of them.

i'm not the tallest guy in the world and i just got used to shooting with the bridge. like most short players she'll get used to it and won't really be giving up any shots because of the cue's length

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
fact is the smaller you are the harder it is to be able to handle a longer instrument. Just give a kid a 60" cue and then put a 55" in his hands and see what he tells you, bet my bottom dollar that they going to prefer the shorter cue, like someone said you don't base a cues length off how big the table is thats silly. You base the length off the players dimensions, height, armspan etc. And saying that oh well they are going to have to use the bridge more cuz the cue is shorter is goofey too, your supposed to be good with the bridge, and if your short to begin with then it should be your best friend anyways. Let the girl try differient sized cues and what ever size from 55-60 she likes thats the one she should shoot with.

phishman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm short 5'4 and shoot best with a 60 inch cue built by Jerry Powers of Jerico Cues the most important thing is the balance and the extra two inches does allow me to attempt shots without using a bridge.

onewikdpony

Registered
Ive Got a friend whose 12 yr old son is uder 5ft he was playing well with a standard cue but was akward his dad was looking for a shorter cue that was well balanced but couldnt find one. I found a standard cue with a wheight bolt and a long butt cap cut what I could off the butt and about 1 1/2 in off shaft rebalanced cue, It made a big differencein how he handled the cue.