Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Another trip in the wayback machine ...
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-07-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
I’m guesstimating our Trumpmas gift to be about $5K.

So far $825 for a new NIKON, $800 in two VR lenses, a couple hundred in filter, a couple hundred in gear cases and I’m about done. The Mrs is looking at her share.

I do believe in investing in the US economy.
guesstimating? So you haven't received a 'G' as a bonus from your employer yet?

To be sure, I'd much rather have $5000 than $1000, especially around the holidays, so I wish you many new cameras.
I'm just a point and shoot guy myself. I find the big SLR's to be a bit cumbersome, but you sounds like it's a serious
hobby for you so I hope you enjoy that new Nikon.

Just so I understand, are you expecting like a holiday bonus in about $5000, or a tax return in about that amount,
or just the incidental bonus that a few folks seem to getting in a check for about $5000?

Old
  (#32)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Joke.

The 1000$ is bonuses given by some employers...not PDJT.

But you knew that....or not
Oh, a joke. funny......
So this was something else from POTUS that we weren't supposed to take literally?

Old
  (#33)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

02-07-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celophanewrap View Post
Oh, a joke. funny......
So this was something else from POTUS that we weren't supposed to take literally?
Provide a quote and be specific.
PDJT never said you were going to het 1000$.
Did he.

Old
  (#34)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace

02-07-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Provide a quote and be specific.
PDJT never said you were going to het 1000$.
Did he.
I can think of people that would say, you look it up, I not doing your research, and to be honest the only place I know I've read that is right here.
You guys were the only ones that said many business were giving out bonuses. I suppose that might be true, but I have my theories about that too,
but really, when you count American business the bonuses are few and far in between, and further I still don't have mine. I suspect I'm more a part
of the huge majority than the few that claim to receiving money.
El Dubs tale seems to indicate that he's expecting one, makes me wonder. There's a meme at the beginning of this thread that leans toward POTUS
being the one saying "free Money for everyone", but you're right - it's not a direct quote. I can't say I've seen or heard that from POTUS,
but the conversation here would seem to indicate otherwise.
But I do, however, suppose that even if POTUS paid out two people a $1000 bonus after the tax cuts were passed, it could honestly be said that
"Tax cuts result in $1000 bonuses". I suppose it's all in your perspective. I stand corrected

Last edited by Celophanewrap; 02-07-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Old
  (#35)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
guesstimating? So you haven't received a 'G' as a bonus from your employer yet?

To be sure, I'd much rather have $5000 than $1000, especially around the holidays, so I wish you many new cameras.
I'm just a point and shoot guy myself. I find the big SLR's to be a bit cumbersome, but you sounds like it's a serious
hobby for you so I hope you enjoy that new Nikon.

Just so I understand, are you expecting like a holiday bonus in about $5000, or a tax return in about that amount,
or just the incidental bonus that a few folks seem to getting in a check for about $5000?
I am my employer.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#36)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace

02-07-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
I am my employer.
So no bonus for you, or I suppose you can give yourself whatever bonus you'd like.

$25000 and a trip to the Bahamas?

Old
  (#37)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
So no bonus for you, or I suppose you can give yourself whatever bonus you'd like.

I was speaking of my tax breaks this Trumpmas.

Please pay attention.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#38)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

02-07-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I can think of people that would say, you look it up, I not doing your research, and to be honest the only place I know I've read that is right here.
You guys were the only ones that said many business were giving out bonuses. I suppose that might be true, but I have my theories about that too,
but really, when you count American business the bonuses are few and far in between, and further I still don't have mine. I suspect I'm more a part
of the huge majority than the few that claim to receiving money.
El Dubs tale seems to indicate that he's expecting one, makes me wonder. There's a meme at the beginning of this thread that leans toward POTUS
being the one saying "free Money for everyone", but you're right - it's not a direct quote. I can't say I've seen or heard that from POTUS,
but the conversation here would seem to indicate otherwise.
But I do, however, suppose that even if POTUS paid out two people a $1000 bonus after the tax cuts were passed, it could honestly be said that
"Tax cuts result in $1000 bonuses". I suppose it's all in your perspective. I stand corrected

Sucker LOL

Old
  (#39)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!

02-07-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
By buying expensive imported goods?

Or do you mean spending the rest of it?

Anyways, congrats on your share of keeping more of your money, and enjoy!

I also see you are well above a median income, and good for you on that.
I honestly thought you had a better understanding of economics.

First off, if there were a USA made camera I would sell off my NIKON/NIKKOR stuff and start over.

Second, the camera and one lens were bought used, the other new.

The sellers of the used equipment now has additional capital to invest for what fits their needs. The new seller earned a profit ... part of which went to a sales rep who will improve their lot in life by a small amount ... which they can reinvest as they see best suits their needs.

The people that those folks do business with will also profit, and spend as best suits their needs and so on ... and the state/fed will tax each profit of each transaction.

Trickle down does trickle, that it doesn't is a risible lie used by the leftists to convince the dumb masses into supporting their own destruction to the empowerment of the state.

That argument cannot be defeated.

-Bishop-

-Bishop-

-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#40)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!

02-07-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:

I wanted to come back to this as your reply proves a grotesque misunderstanding of how the real world works.

I have a small real estate business which owns and operates a 12 unit apartment building.I could have pulled money out of it for fun in earlier years, but the real money is in capital appreciation ... so profits were used to improve/maintain the facility and reduce its debt. Now, instead of being a shiite hole it is a money machine worth several times what was paid for it and debt free.

I also have a hobby business which is sports photography/photojournalism on a relatively small scale, but allows all said purchases to be tax deductible. That business , after travel/tickets/advertising makes a few bucks but destresses life.

The third is a small local company that I invested a small amount in three years back to be the front end managing partner/sales trainer/marketer yadda yadda yadda. My partners are good technicians at what they do, but bad business people. I am the opposite, on the technical side I can't hold a candle to what they do and know ,,, but I can market and sell it at a profit and hire/train people to do the same. They can't.

Now, I have first off a fiduciary responsibility to spend company assets in a manner that is best for the company, so the $25K bonus to myself is a truck we couldn't buy ... the truck we couldn't buy is an employee web couldn't hire ... the employer we coldly hire is several customers we couldn't service every day ... each of those customers is an invoice we couldn't generate ... each invoice is income to the company ... income to company is retirement of debt and capital for growth ... capital for growth is purchases made and that is profits for other vendors that then pay their employees and yadda yadda yadda,and capital appreciation again is where the payoff is.

Hence, in the real world, paying myself a $25K bonus would cost jobs and cost me more than $25K in the long run.

The idea that owning a business means a virtually unlimited supply of cash and a license to oppress ones employees and customers is leftist class warfare propaganda.

The $5K Trumpmas gift is off of my real estate earnings and personal earnings. Our corporate savings is being invested in several ways, and yes our employees are getting a cut. Myself and my partners took nothing directly from this. But, again, the big payoff is when the business is strong and profitable and worth several times what it was three years back.

-Bishop-

-Bishop-

-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#41)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Exactly why ALL welfare should be turned OFF.

SS?? Medicare, Medicaid...etal.......

You are only entitle to the amount YOU contributed. Not a cent more.

Yeah, let's pay off the debt by turning the gravy train OFF.
Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: