after this week at SBE i am on a mission!

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Ok so as some of you pointed out to me when i saw you at the SBE, i havent been posting much. I also havent been playing much because i have been so tired from work, and because of that i havent had much to post. After being at the expo all week i am determined to get my game going.

Watching people like John Schmidt, Steve Lipsky, Bob Maidhof, Bobby Chamberlain, Samm Diep, and all these other amazing people play has made me want to play harder!

I made mental notes of alot of things i saw them do while playing this week. I am going to start getting my a$$ down to the pool room much more, away from everyone who talks to me while im shooting so im not distraceted ( like on my 12 ball run some of you saw where i started banging balls cause i was talking while i was shooting) and start practicing hard!

I really want to learn more and play better. I had said after my 14 ball run that my goal by the end of the year is to run 2 racks....my new goal is to just learn as much as i can and to play the patterns the way i should.
( and hopefully get 2 racks by the end of the year! ) ill keep ya posted on the progress!!!

if you havent watched it please feel free to watch my 12 ball run that we caught on tape and tell me anything you found good or bad about it....i can take it dont worry about hurting my feelings! lol
thanks everyone!!!

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Good luck Heather! Watching great pool from the top pros is always inspiring, at least for me :) I see I'm not the only one.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
who do you like to watch? migh help me a bit to watch them as well.
well, actually I meant watching them live at the event, especially those whos stroke you like for instance. I found I play better right after having witnessed some great performance by local tops. I sort of remember their approach and their follow-through and how smooth they are at the table. That's a kind of mimicking action, not to full extent because it is not recommended to copy anyone but work out your own style and rythm.
As for the videos I won't tell anything new here. John Schmidt, Mike Sigel, Nick Varner, Steve Mizerak, Jim Rempe, Thorsten Hohmann and many more. Seriously, I would recommend watching runs by Bill Marop as well, his stroke is straight and his patterns he heirs them from Schmidty :smile:

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
You live in a great spot to get better. There is a really well respected teacher named Tony Robles. If you want to get better walk up and hand him a hundred dollar bill, tell him you want to learn straight pool. You will be a great player in no time. I wish you would have said something to me I would have not only helped you find a cig your keys but also your best game...maybe next time we meet you will ask. See you soon!

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
I know Tony, my husband has known him for years. He is always so busy tho. Next time I see him maybe I'll ask! Thanks Jamison!

Last edited:

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would HIGHLY recomend Jim Rempe's instructional videos "how to run a rack" and "how to run 100 balls". If you repeatedly watch and memorize the info on them until it's tattoed on your brain, you can't help but become a much better 14.1 player.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Wear shorter sleeved tops - nothing that inhibits movement of the arms at all. Your stroke looks to have a lot of up and down motion to it - a bit of which is unavoidable - but I think you need to work on straightening that out as much as possible.

I've only played two matches of straight pool in my life but did run 94 in my second match. Over the hill now so take my advice with a grain of salt. :smile:

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
thanks i appreciate any input. i have getten a bit better since we got that run on tape. i been trying to keep my arm more straight and i get down more on my shots. We will see what happens when i finally get down the the pool hall tomorrow and shoot some balls. I havent had too much time to play in the last month or so, busy at work and saving up the $$ for the SBE. All input i get is highly appriciated guys!! Thanks a bunch

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Heather,

Hopefully this music video will inspire you, along with my lyrics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time at Valley Forge, took my chances (with the bathroom)
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a pool player and her will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your shot pattern for glory
Don't lose your grip on breaking the next rack
You must fight just to keep your turn alive

Chorus:
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the 14.1 challenge of our rivals
And the last unknown railbird talks on AZ into the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They rack their own 'til we all fell asleep
For we're on the hill with the skill to survive

CHORUS

Risin' up, straight pool to the top
Have the guts, now got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a pool player and her will to survive

Henry

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Henry you are too cute!!! can you come live on long island so we can always have you around!?!?! Thanks for the song. you are too much!!!

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
I would HIGHLY recomend Jim Rempe's instructional videos "how to run a rack" and "how to run 100 balls". If you repeatedly watch and memorize the info on them until it's tattoed on your brain, you can't help but become a much better 14.1 player.

Thanks ill keep that in mind :)

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heather I can tell you right now watching your game flourish has been a great pleasure and I can only imagine whats in store for you.

Charlie

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
just got home from a short session at the pool hall...within an hour i ran
2 11's
2 10's an 8 and a 9

everything else was like 2-4 balls so not a bad start after not playing for almost a month ( outside putzing around at the SBE so we will see what happens later and over the weekend!!