Made in China Ball Washer - Ain't too bad...

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Well i was at the billiard expo in Shanghai last month and i came across this ball cleaner. I've seen a couple of different washers before but it never struck me to pay so much for one. I came across this specific cleaner at a friend's booth and it was pretty well priced. Paid for it and had it shipped to me, this thing's pretty darn heavy.

Here's some pictures of the washer.

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

It's a pretty basic washer and definitely no rocket science behind it. It's decently built and is a one button operating machine. Has a self timer so push the green button and it washes for a bit (didn't really time it) and stops when time's up.

I wanted to buy some professional washing solution for the balls but i was told by the seller that i could get away with car washing detergent and wax and i tried using what i found at home. It actually works pretty well.

What i'm most curious to find out from AZer is the kind of washing liquid you guys use to clean your pool balls? Or does everybody buy professional pool ball cleaning solutions? Is there anything i can buy from Walmart that'll do the trick? Thanks.

Last edited:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
From a recommendation in another thread I bought Mequire's Ultimate Express Detail polish. It comes in a spray bottle and I just spray it on the balls when they're in the washer. Works fine and doesn't leave any residue.

Got it at Walmart for about $6.

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An hour later and you will have dirty balls again!
I had sex with a Chinese woman once, an hour later I was horny again! :grin:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Novus 1 is the best I've used and was recommended to a friend of mine by Leonard Bludworth (the cuemaker). Absolutely stick with the Novus 1 and do not use the 2 or 3 solutions, as they have abriasives that are designed to get scratches out (ie, they will shrink you're balls he he- :eek:).

Also, it would be pretty simple to craft a ball separater for that thing. I made one for my bucket polisher and it works like a charm.

Cheers,

JL

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't use wax on the balls, somewhere in the rules it says you are not supposed to and it can cause all types of differences in the way the balls play, especially as the layer of wax wears off.

I like to use Brillianize, which is a multi purpose cleaner/polisher that does not leave any residue on the balls the way wax does. It has been recommended as a great cleaner on this website by others as well.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
If all I could eat the rest of my life was Chinese Food, life would be GREAT!
dsc01883smpr7.jpg

What u have there isn't very chinese actually, i'd say it's westernised chinese. Only the fried noodle and oddly shaped wanton looks chinese hehe. But i agree, chinese food is great...i'm may be bias though cos i'm chinese :grin:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
An hour later and you will have dirty balls again!
I had sex with a Chinese woman once, an hour later I was horny again! :grin:

Very valid point. But if i keep going at it i'm sure the balls won't be able to keep up...as in if i keep cleaning them i'm not sure it'll stay the same shape and size.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Novus 1 is the best I've used and was recommended to a friend of mine by Leonard Bludworth (the cuemaker). Absolutely stick with the Novus 1 and do not use the 2 or 3 solutions, as they have abriasives that are designed to get scratches out (ie, they will shrink you're balls he he- :eek:).

Also, it would be pretty simple to craft a ball separater for that thing. I made one for my bucket polisher and it works like a charm.

Cheers,

JL

Ok, i regret saying Walmart now..cos the walmart i have in china probably carries different products haha :grin:

Don't use wax on the balls, somewhere in the rules it says you are not supposed to and it can cause all types of differences in the way the balls play, especially as the layer of wax wears off.

I like to use Brillianize, which is a multi purpose cleaner/polisher that does not leave any residue on the balls the way wax does. It has been recommended as a great cleaner on this website by others as well.

Hmm...makes alot of sense actually. But they look so pretty when waxed...like glistening crystal balls... perhaps there's substitue solutions.