Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Hybrid schmybrid! Diesel schmiesel!
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-07-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
I understand VWs still have a few bugs....

Not for long. They are going away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#17)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
Actually itís far worse.

Monetarily a high premium is often paid for hybrids, and when taken in totality they are eco-disasters.

Coal powered cares ... phooey.
Worse, on total production carbon footprint and other eco-concerns, sure, I guess. I've seen some credible information saying that. And they do not pay back for the premium of their cost in any reasonable time of use, either. That's just easy arithmetic, and I drive less than 5,000 miles a year anyway. It would take many times my remaining life expectancy to net back the cost premium, maybe even 100 years.

But if I buy one, it won't be some custom commissioned vehicle made only because I ordered it. It will be out of dealer stock that has already been made, for a car whose eco-costs are already sunk. As to my use, the only thing really is the marginal emissions difference, and none of it would involve coal, since I'm not considering a plug-in hybrid model.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#18)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-07-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
It will be out of dealer stock that has already been made, for a car whose eco-costs are already sunk.
Thats a pretty lame justification.

If you want one then buy one.

I admire the PRIUS/VOLT/LEAF as technological wonders ... but I have no misunderstandings as to there eco-costs.

If that is ones sole motivation, the best choice is probably to keep whatever one has now.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#19)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2018, 11:27 AM

To prove it was no fluke:

Name:  IMG_0651.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  171.2 KB

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#20)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
Thats a pretty lame justification.

If you want one then buy one.

I admire the PRIUS/VOLT/LEAF as technological wonders ... but I have no misunderstandings as to there eco-costs.

If that is ones sole motivation, the best choice is probably to keep whatever one has now.
My vehicle is 13 years old, and gets under 15 mpg in mixed use. (Close to 20 mpg on the highway.) Standing pat with this one is not a great choice.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#21)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!

10-07-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
My vehicle is 13 years old, and gets under 15 mpg in mixed use. (Close to 20 mpg on the highway.) Standing pat with this one is not a great choice.
I would agree, but if your only concerns are eco-concerns then keeping it is probably your best bet.

-Bishop-

-Bishop-

-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

-9BallPaul-

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: