Any ideas for using a laser pointer for aiming practice?

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine has an on/off button, so I don't have to keep it depressed.
And please...I'll build whatever myself..I'm not going to buy a commercial product.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And please...I'll build whatever myself..I'm not going to buy a commercial product.

I ordered Digicue with the laser. I think it will be worth the extra money. Straps right on to stick and away you go.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Aimed along the OB-to-pocket line, I think it’s a good way to train yourself to visualize the OB contact point. And the OB contact point is the best aiming reference, IMO, if it suits you.

pj
chgo

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I'm not sure about a laser pointer, but a laser level that draws a straight line can be useful for putting a line down to set hole reinforcement donuts to have consistent in line ball placement for drills.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Point it at your opponent when its double-hill. Most effective use of laser i can think of. ;)

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member

Stupid idea...wrong rabbit hole. Spin to win baby.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the only true time a laser would be useful for aiming is if the cb were clear (see through) and the laser shot straight from the center of the tip. Then you would be able to see straight through ccb (or its vertical axis at least) all the way to where you intend to send the cb. This would allow you to see exactly how your alignment fits with where you feel like your're aiming. But I've never seen a perfectly clear cb. If there is one I'd to have it. If there isn't one, somebody please make one. I have several ideas for its use. :D

jason

Silver Member
I have an aiming system for sale too. Its only $19.95 and I take pay pal.

Seriously, I wouldn't waist my time with such gimicks. Just use your brain that God gave you. it is the best tool in your arsenal.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Seriously, I wouldn't waist my time with such gimicks. Just use you brain that God gave you. it is the best tool in your arsenal.

Excellent....lol. There are plenty of struggling players out there that might get some benefit from a good system. :wink:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Seriously, I wouldn't waist my time with such gimicks. Just use you brain that God gave you. it is the best tool in your arsenal.

SSSHHHH!!!!! Dont be giving away the good stuff for free.

How are they gonna sell the Digicue and all the other thingies if they decide to "actually do the work" and stop trying to find the magic bullet.

Lol ain't gonna happen.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I think the only true time a laser would be useful for aiming is if the cb were clear (see through) and the laser shot straight from the center of the tip. Then you would be able to see straight through ccb (or its vertical axis at least) all the way to where you intend to send the cb. This would allow you to see exactly how your alignment fits with where you feel like your're aiming. But I've never seen a perfectly clear cb. If there is one I'd to have it. If there isn't one, somebody please make one. I have several ideas for its use. :D
That would be interesting, but there is at least one other productive use for a laser light, as I mentioned above. Set it on the table pointing through the OB at the pocket to have a visible OB contact point. I've used it many times in lessons - helps a lot in learning to visualize that point.

pj
chgo

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
best use would be to put it directly on your aiming point to see how much CIT and SIT affect the path of the OB

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
That would be interesting, but there is at least one other productive use for a laser light, as I mentioned above. Set it on the table pointing through the OB at the pocket to have a visible OB contact point. I've used it many times in lessons - helps a lot in learning to visualize that point.

pj
chgo

For contact point aiming that'd be useful.

jason

Silver Member
I invented a penis laser pointer for my trips to the restroom in the middle of the night.

Patent pending, so don't even think about stealing my idea.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah. If somehow I conquered the aiming challenge, then comes the BIG problem....my crap stroke. Can't hit the exact point of aim...always hit to the right of my aiming point..can't do anything about it.