AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
coin op pool revenue
Old
  (#1)
skipbales
AzB Silver Member

skipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Globe AZ
   
coin op pool revenue - 01-04-2019, 06:40 AM

I am considering opening a bar with 8 coin op diamond tables. 40 years ago I had a bar with 5 tables. Play was 25 cents. It surprises me it is still only 50 cents in my small local community. Still, I could reliably count on $600 per month per table with average use at 25 cents. The front table on each side of the room always did the most but the overall average was pretty constant at $600 each.

At 50 cents I am using an income projection of $1200 a month each then reducing it 20% because I anticipate lower utilization with more tables. I will have 6 7' tables which will be 50 cent and 2 9' which will be 75 cent. There are no tables in town other than 6 1/2' Valleys in poor condition. I expect this difference to be a draw but want to be realistic with my numbers.

If any of you have coin op tables and can give me advice on what income to expect I would appreciate it.

Also vending income for an internet based music system if you have that.
  
Reply With Quote
Coin Op's
Old
  (#2)
a1712
AzB Silver Member
a1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
iTrader: 131 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2011
   
Coin Op's - 01-04-2019, 07:11 PM

Wow, we have 3 perfectly maintained Diamond Bar Boxes at .75 a game, between league play and free pool Sundays we're lucky to do $500 a month on all 3 combined. Brian.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
skipbales
AzB Silver Member

skipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Globe AZ
   
01-05-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1712 View Post
Wow, we have 3 perfectly maintained Diamond Bar Boxes at .75 a game, between league play and free pool Sundays we're lucky to do $500 a month on all 3 combined. Brian.
I have been thinking about it and my memory may be totally wrong. That is why I was asking. Maybe I made $600 on all 5 tables. Much different.
Thank you so much for your help.

I was doing the math and it would take a lot of plays per day to equal my memory. Do you have any idea about games per hour when you are busy? I am thinking between 4-6, right?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
a1712
AzB Silver Member
a1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
iTrader: 131 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2011
   
01-05-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipbales View Post
I have been thinking about it and my memory may be totally wrong. That is why I was asking. Maybe I made $600 on all 5 tables. Much different.
Thank you so much for your help.

I was doing the math and it would take a lot of plays per day to equal my memory. Do you have any idea about games per hour when you are busy? I am thinking between 4-6, right?
Lots of things to consider. Our tables have 4 3/8" pockets, takes longer for rec shooters/bangers to get through a game, but that's what the league shooters requested. Our table revenue is mainly made on Fri. and Sat. nights, with leagues running Mon.-Thurs. with free pool Sunday, there's not a lot of revenue to be generated from the tables those nights. We make our money on food and alcohol sales, we charge no greens fee's to the Leagues. Brian.
P.S. I've also learned the hard way, DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY PERIOD!!!!!!!! Pool shooters will expect everything from that point on to be given to them and when you have to take it away, and you will, you will become the ANTICHRIST.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
skipbales
AzB Silver Member

skipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond reputeskipbales has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Globe AZ
   
01-05-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1712 View Post
Lots of things to consider. Our tables have 4 3/8" pockets, takes longer for rec shooters/bangers to get through a game, but that's what the league shooters requested. Our table revenue is mainly made on Fri. and Sat. nights, with leagues running Mon.-Thurs. with free pool Sunday, there's not a lot of revenue to be generated from the tables those nights. We make our money on food and alcohol sales, we charge no greens fee's to the Leagues. Brian.
P.S. I've also learned the hard way, DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY PERIOD!!!!!!!! Pool shooters will expect everything from that point on to be given to them and when you have to take it away, and you will, you will become the ANTICHRIST.
Your advice is priceless. I have moved from thinking this was a slam dunk no brainer to a no go.

You do give away a lot of the pool revenue I never did. But in those days I did not even have a league to worry about. I also played every day myself. The players all liked playing with the owner. We only had beer and wine but they would buy ridiculous numbers of beers for me. I could not possibly drink them all. I had to threaten the barmaids to pour them out. They thought it was wasteful but it was how I survived. You had to sell a LOT of beer and do a lot on the pool tables to break even in those days. A beer only bar would not survive today, at least not here locally.

Thanks for the eye opener. I was doing this for my son. I plan to work on getting him a home instead.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.