best cte videos on youtube?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
go!

the ones i seen confused me,

im making big leaps in my pool game this yr, so why not take it further if i can and actually learn something lol

mcesarey

I'm there with you...I haven't found a good CTE video on Youtube. I understand the basics now by googling and going to a site that explained it with text, but all of the Youtube videos are really hard to follow. Every one that I watched, the guy repeats himself 8 or 9 times regarding unimportant information that has nothing to do with what makes CTE unique, then I get impatient and click on another video, and the same thing happens.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm there with you...I haven't found a good CTE video on Youtube. I understand the basics now by googling and going to a site that explained it with text, but all of the Youtube videos are really hard to follow. Every one that I watched, the guy repeats himself 8 or 9 times regarding unimportant information that has nothing to do with what makes CTE unique, then I get impatient and click on another video, and the same thing happens.

What you are finding out is that there is "no there there." You are not going to find what you are looking for because it doesn't exist. The method is flawed, IMO, and only works for some people who are able to make themselves believe that they are not making the necessary subconscious corrections themselves, which they are. This is why it takes "months" to learn.

As an example of what should happen with a system that is advertised to be 100% objective, take Poolology. I don't intend to sound like a salesman for Poolology, but it makes my point. If you learn this system you will have it working for you in about 5 minutes. OK, that's an exaggeration. 10 minutes. Poolology does not advertise itself as being "objective" but it actually is the closest thing out there that does not require a lot of estimating and fudging by the player.

If it works, it just shouldn't be that hard.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you are finding out is that there is "no there there." You are not going to find what you are looking for because it doesn't exist. The method is flawed, IMO, and only works for some people who are able to make themselves believe that they are not making the necessary subconscious corrections themselves, which they are. This is why it takes "months" to learn.

As an example of what should happen with a system that is advertised to be 100% objective, take Poolology. I don't intend to sound like a salesman for Poolology, but it makes my point. If you learn this system you will have it working for you in about 5 minutes. OK, that's an exaggeration. 10 minutes. Poolology does not advertise itself as being "objective" but it actually is the closest thing out there that does not require a lot of estimating and fudging by the player.

If it works, it just shouldn't be that hard.

Yea poolology might take 5 minutes. Contact points might take 5 minutes. Ghostball might take 5 minutes and they are places to start. But there is nothing like spending the time to learn real CTE. A Professional aiming system actually used by Pro's.
My recommendation to the OP is to wait for The Truth Series to come out about CTE.

PPS your obsession Dan and bad mouthing CTE is noted.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You have to be careful with youtube videos. Lots of imposters putting out bad information. If it's not by Stan Shuffet don't watch it

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea poolology might take 5 minutes. Contact points might take 5 minutes. Ghostball might take 5 minutes and they are places to start. But there is nothing like spending the time to learn real CTE. A Professional aiming system actually used by Pro's.
My recommendation to the OP is to wait for The Truth Series to come out about CTE.

Equating Poolology to ghost ball and contact points shows your ignorance. Poolology tells you exactly where to aim so you can make the shot on the first try. Ghost ball and contact points require repetition in order for your subconscious to build up the necessary memory so that the shot just "looks right." Ultimately, Poolology is a method to speed this process. It basically tells you exactly where to aim until you get so accustomed to it that you don't need to use the system any more.

Cookie Man the CTE Cop has responded to virtually every post critical of CTE in some way and I'm the one who is obsessed? Maybe CTE really stands for Cookie The Enforcer. I'm only responding to people who are genuinely confused and are looking for opinions. Nice threat, though. And Dear God please tell me that you are using PPS incorrectly again as a joke.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cookie Man the CTE Cop has responded to virtually every post critical of CTE in some way and I'm the one who is obsessed? Maybe CTE really stands for Cookie The Enforcer.

lol, dude has a heavy load with Spider out of action.

Lou Figueroa

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cookie Man the CTE Cop has responded to virtually every post critical of CTE in some way and I'm the one who is obsessed? Maybe CTE really stands for Cookie The Enforcer. I'm only responding to people who are genuinely confused and are looking for opinions. Nice threat, though. And Dear God please tell me that you are using PPS incorrectly again as a joke.

May i suggest you go see a doctor and get on some meds before you go full blown "English Rick" on us. Man you need help

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Equating Poolology to ghost ball and contact points shows your ignorance. Poolology tells you exactly where to aim so you can make the shot on the first try. Ghost ball and contact points require repetition in order for your subconscious to build up the necessary memory so that the shot just "looks right." Ultimately, Poolology is a method to speed this process. It basically tells you exactly where to aim until you get so accustomed to it that you don't need to use the system any more.

So what are the steps for poolology? Contact points are easily visible right away.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what are the steps for poolology? Contact points are easily visible right away.

The contact point method requires the player to determine what the correct contact point is and also to imagine a spot on the back side of the cue ball, which IMO isn't very easy. Poolology tells you where to aim so that the ball is pocketed.

If you ponied up the $10 you could find out for yourself.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
The contact point method requires the player to determine what the correct contact point is and also to imagine a spot on the back side of the cue ball, which IMO isn't very easy. Poolology tells you where to aim so that the ball is pocketed.

I was never much for accurately visualizing contact points. Sure, from behind the ob it's very easy to see where it needs to be contacted in order to be sent toward the pocket. But keeping that spot in focus while standing behind the cb was not so easy for me.

All aiming systems have one final goal -- to find the aim line. Contact points, CTE, STD and many other systems require visualizing at least one or more reference lines, then from this reference one must shift or pivot their cue accurately to the final aim line. If you're off on your reference visuals or off on the parallel shift or half tip pivot, then your final aim line will be off too. And when you miss the shot you'll have to figure out which step caused the miss.

With Poolology the reference line is through the center of both balls, and the ob gets a position value. The aim line is then calculated/derived from this. There is no cue shifting or pivoting from any visualized reference lines or points.

For the op, I found the best CTE videos to be Stan Shuffett's. You just have to weed through and find the ones you can understand. Here are three that shed a lot of light on it for me. Knowing how to do it is one thing, and it takes practice. Making it work consistently is another thing, and that requires more practice.

https://youtu.be/2KwI_62Npos

https://youtu.be/Lrs0aWd9TD4

https://youtu.be/4iuvQT7dwfs

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues

He does have a point. I have looked at all the video CTE material out there including what Stan has produced and have yet to see anything I consider good. I have always done so with an open and curious mind.

The system may be all it's touted to be but thus far the videos explaining it have sucked.

Maybe the "truth series" that never seems to come will fix this.

Or maybe the system doesn't lend itself well to video training and a person needs to be taught at the table.

Or maybe some minds are just not capable of grasping it. Like Quantum physics for instance.

JC

SmokinJoe46

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was never much for accurately visualizing contact points. Sure, from behind the ob it's very easy to see where it needs to be contacted in order to be sent toward the pocket. But keeping that spot in focus while standing behind the cb was not so easy for me.

All aiming systems have one final goal -- to find the aim line. Contact points, CTE, STD and many other systems require visualizing at least one or more reference lines, then from this reference one must shift or pivot their cue accurately to the final aim line. If you're off on your reference visuals or off on the parallel shift or half tip pivot, the your final aim line will be off too. And when you miss the shot you'll have to figure out which step caused the miss.

With Poolology the reference line is through the center of both balls, and the ob gets a position value. The aim line is then calculated/derived from this. There is no cue shifting or pivoting from any visualized reference lines or points.

For the op, I found the best CTE videos to be Stan Shuffett's. You just have to weed through and find the ones you can understand. Here are three that shed a lot of light on it for me. Knowing how to do it is one thing, and it takes practice. Making it work consistently another thing, and it that requires more practice.

For the OP, on top of the video's please carefully study the below link: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?362904&p=4724674#post4724674
It REALLY is helpful but be CERTAIN to carefully read the bottom half Titled "CONNECTING WITH OBJECT BALL PERCEPTION POINTS".

stockbob55

Registered
For the op, I found the best CTE videos to be Stan Shuffett's. You just have to weed through and find the ones you can understand. Here are three that shed a lot of light on it for me. Knowing how to do it is one thing, and it takes practice. Making it work consistently is another thing, and that requires more practice.

Agree with you especially the first video for bridge placement. Hard to get a handle on CTE without that being explained.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Contact point is very easy IMO. Doesn't take very long at all to get used to.
Poolology from what i here has quadrants and math and all kinds of things to calculate, No Thanks, not for me.

But then again neither one solves CCB, which is why learning CTE is the absolute best thing to do.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He does have a point. I have looked at all the video CTE material out there including what Stan has produced and have yet to see anything I consider good. I have always done so with an open and curious mind.

The system may be all it's touted to be but thus far the videos explaining it have sucked.

Maybe the "truth series" that never seems to come will fix this.

Or maybe the system doesn't lend itself well to video training and a person needs to be taught at the table.

Or maybe some minds are just not capable of grasping it. Like Quantum physics for instance.

JC

It is all that and more, but you are right, it's not for everyone.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

IMO reference lines and points are very valuable in aiming. Nice to have something visual to use.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Agree with you especially the first video for bridge placement. Hard to get a handle on CTE without that being explained.

Yeah, Stan shows the sweeps in the bridge placement vid, but it's easier to use this setup for manual pivots.

Of course I still have issues with the true workability of CTE. Some things just don't work as described. But like any other system, its value resides in whatever the individual user makes of it. If you like it and I don't, or if you believe its the nuts and I don't, it really doesn't matter. To each their own. The best way to determine the worth of anything for yourself is to try it for yourself. You'll either like it and keep at it, or you won't like it and you'll find something else.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
IMO reference lines and points are very valuable in aiming. Nice to have something visual to use.

I can't disagree with this. When the reference lines are used to find the aim line, they are very important. It's like having a map and a compass to help guide the way. But eventually, after enough repetition, you should know the way automatically without the need of compass or map.

mcesarey

You have to be careful with youtube videos. Lots of imposters putting out bad information. If it's not by Stan Shuffet don't watch it

I actually watched several of Stan's videos and I found his very difficult to really understand. I think CTE requires animations in order to show what people struggle so much to explain. Honestly, I think the pool-playing community just isn't a very tech-savvy crowd. If it were a major sport, there'd be graphics and animations to make it clear. We just have youtube videos of 60-year olds trying to explain it.

Last edited: