Turning Stone Classic XXXIII: players list, predictions, updates

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anybody please post brackets of remaining winners and losers? The phone app is impossible.
Thanks

Winners:
SVB vs Shaw
Fortunski vs Kazakis

Losers:
Aranas vs Sossei
Thorpe vs Juszczyszyn

"Sunday at 11am, 1,3,5 & the final match at 7pm."

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Unfortunately they are cut off at the bottom on my laptop, so not sure what the answer is.
On my computer, you have to scroll the whole screen to see the extremes of the window.

Here's what I see as the last 8 in the tourney.

Upstate Al's broadcast is top notch coverage!!

TurningStone_Sunday.png

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
LOL, I see there is a book about Danny D. What the heck, Amazon says it will be here Tuesday, so why not? On the one hand, it seemed like he was going overboard criticizing Jeremy S in his match against, SVB, on the other hand when a guy is slow and just keeps getting slower and slower as the match goes on what else are you going to talk about during the 5+ minutes it takes him to execute a shot?

Never played anywhere close to that level, but holy cow, his opponents spend a lot of time in their chair if he's at the table just waiting and waiting . . . . it was fun when they switched to watch Earl (and even Arananas) dispatching games efficiently.

Like the other guy said, he got there by using his style, but to me (again, non-expert) he just seemed to get more and more methodical - overthinking? Nervous? Is it just pressure magnifies the tendency? No clue.

He seems to have some really good results regionally - was this his usual pace? I noticed his next match went into the wee hours and made the mistake of staying up and watching, lol.

Danny was out of line for doing it on the stream, but he was 100% correct.

Even Jen B played at a pace that was watchable(normal) and I've been a huge critic of her slow play. Well done JB, I can say I'm a fan again.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I thought Aranas was the only guy who had a chance against SVB...
...Kazakis beats him 9-1....what do I know?

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Aranas was the only guy who had a chance against SVB...
...Kazakis beats him 9-1....what do I know?

Apparently food poisoning.

Got mentioned so much during the final match doubt anyone eats there tonight, lol.

Really enjoyed the stream and the "coverage" today, and especially the last couple of matches - commentary was a little more restrained, lol, but that doesn't mean it wasn't entertaining yesterday.