Old
  (#16)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-07-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman100 View Post
I would like to add my 2 cents to learning CTE via DVD.

I've been working with CTE/PRO ONE for around a year now with lots of ups and downs. I've given up on it 100 times in total as just being too hard.

Oddly enough I find Pro one much easier than manual when I'm doing everything correctly as I understand it.

I was playing around with Pro/one today and it very definitely works.

What I believe would solve a whole bunch of confusion over CTE would be the following.

Visuals based on the players prospective, Visual lines drawn on the table showing how to move in to the two lines, where the V on the bridge goes in the manual CTE, visual lines on the floor showing how to step into the shot. In other words lots of reference lines and viewing angles so viewers can figure it out.

Alternatively I really believe to fully understand CTE you require private lessons which unfortunately is not an option for myself.
Peace
Pro One is really quite simple. It is just see and shoot.

The hurdle that many have difficulty with is letting go of how they previously aimed. Yes, private lessons are always optimal to other types of learning but the necessary info is on DVD1 and I still highly recommend owning it. DVD2 will be vastly superior.

CTE PRO ONE is ultimately not about lines, it's about learning 2 CTE perceptions and those perceptions are a first and major step in connecting with shot lines. THE SYSTEM TAKES THE PLAYER TO THE SHOT LINES and does so with a slight over cut. The 2 CTE perceptions make every shot on the table somewhere and most of the time that includes the pocket you're shooting for.

It's the rotation, left or right eye movement, that follows the perceptions that's necessary in arriving at CCB, the target. The OB is NOT the target.

CCB is an easy target to hit. Once it's realized that CCB is how you connect with the pockets, the focus in hitting CCB becomes amplified. The Ob represents a distortion and becomes less important.
As a result of CCB being an objective target, one's eye pattern can drastically change, even to the point of where the CB is looked at last, not the OB.
One of the difficulties that many face in hitting CCB is that when they produce the hit stroke they are not looking at their target.

I have reached the stage of looking at the CB last. It is so simple. I have the crown of the CB and the bottom of the CB as objective references for my tip position. When I am stopped at CCB, I focus on the CB, just a tick above my tip position. When I pull the cue back my attention never leaves the very small contact area of CCB. My pull back to pause is slow and my visual attention to CCB target is not interrupted by shifting to the OB. I believe this is the ultimate eye pattern for CTE.

When first learning CTE PRO ONE, I recommend staying with the tip at CCB throughout the backswing and then shifting to the OB at the pause position.
This can allow you to eventually consider the CB last as your target. Eye patterns are individual but one problem many players have is that their eye patterns are inconsistent and allow for mental and visual disconnect from the task at hand.

One final thought. Over time, the number of practice strokes in CTE can/will greatly diminish to one or two or three, perhaps none.

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#17)
Neil
AzB Silver Member
Neil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200

02-07-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan shuffett View Post
Pro One is really quite simple. It is just see and shoot.

The hurdle that many have difficulty with is letting go of how they previously aimed. Yes, private lessons are always optimal to other types of learning but the necessary info is on DVD1 and I still highly recommend owning it. DVD2 will be vastly superior.

CTE PRO ONE is ultimately not about lines, it's about learning 2 CTE perceptions and those perceptions are a first and major step in connecting with shot lines. THE SYSTEM TAKES THE PLAYER TO THE SHOT LINES and does so with a slight over cut. The 2 CTE perceptions make every shot on the table somewhere and most of the time that includes the pocket you're shooting for.

It's the rotation, left or right eye movement, that follows the perceptions that's necessary in arriving at CCB, the target. The OB is NOT the target.

CCB is an easy target to hit. Once it's realized that CCB is how you connect with the pockets, the focus in hitting CCB becomes amplified. The Ob represents a distortion and becomes less important.
As a result of CCB being an objective target, one's eye pattern can drastically change, even to the point of where the CB is looked at last, not the OB.
One of the difficulties that many face in hitting CCB is that when they produce the hit stroke they are not looking at their target.

I have reached the stage of looking at the CB last. It is so simple. I have the crown of the CB and the bottom of the CB as objective references for my tip position. When I am stopped at CCB, I focus on the CB, just a tick above my tip position. When I pull the cue back my attention never leaves the very small contact area of CCB. My pull back to pause is slow and my visual attention to CCB target is not interrupted by shifting to the OB. I believe this is the ultimate eye pattern for CTE.

When first learning CTE PRO ONE, I recommend staying with the tip at CCB throughout the backswing and then shifting to the OB at the pause position.
This can allow you to eventually consider the CB last as your target. Eye patterns are individual but one problem many players have is that their eye patterns are inconsistent and allow for mental and visual disconnect from the task at hand.

One final thought. Over time, the number of practice strokes in CTE can/will greatly diminish to one or two or three, perhaps none.

Stan Shuffett
Stan, I think your last line says a lot about problems some have. Using 90/90 and CTE exclusively, and being very proficient in both, I would say that where most go wrong is in the practice strokes. In reality, they aren't even needed. You are already on the perfect line. Most of the time, I don't use any anymore. You HAVE to pull back slow and very straight, and then go forward on the exact same line. If you don't, you just changed your line and most likely will miss. One does need a solid PSR and fundamentals, or the systems just will not work consistently. The systems work as advertised, the problems arise with the shooter not being consistent, even when they think they are.

Old
  (#18)
mohrt
Student of the Game
mohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

02-07-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Stan, I think your last line says a lot about problems some have. Using 90/90 and CTE exclusively, and being very proficient in both, I would say that where most go wrong is in the practice strokes. In reality, they aren't even needed. You are already on the perfect line. Most of the time, I don't use any anymore. You HAVE to pull back slow and very straight, and then go forward on the exact same line. If you don't, you just changed your line and most likely will miss. One does need a solid PSR and fundamentals, or the systems just will not work consistently. The systems work as advertised, the problems arise with the shooter not being consistent, even when they think they are.
That makes total sense Neil. When you aim most your life with something like ghostball, you are always estimating the shot. Warmup strokes facilitate visual feedback for your alignment with the shot line. With CTE, you are already there.

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/ Taking your game to the next level.

Old
  (#19)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-07-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrt View Post
That makes total sense Neil. When you aim most your life with something like ghostball, you are always estimating the shot. Warmup strokes facilitate visual feedback for your alignment with the shot line. With CTE, you are already there.
This is a false assumption. Since I am nothing but a Ghostball user, I can tell you for a fact that there is no estimation about where I am gonna put the CB.

Plus since I do shoot one handed shots where I start my stroke with the cue tip a distance from the CB and can not do any form of warm up strokes and the shot goes where I want and not where I hope( like alot of players I see) proves that warm up strokes are not needed when using Ghostball. In addition, there are other type of shots where I just pull back and stroke, no warm up needed.

How do you account for this fact? I mean I am using Ghostball and can get the cue on the aim line and stroke and the OB goes center pocket. How can this be if using ghost ball is estimating?

But then again I practice a hell of a lot more than most on here, which if you read between the system hype, they all require practice to master and one is not easier to master then the other.

Statements like the one made in the quote above is done so to justify your failure in using Ghostball and that's all.

Old
  (#20)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
This is a false assumption. Since I am nothing but a Ghostball user, I can tell you for a fact that there is no estimation about where I am gonna put the CB.

Plus since I do shoot one handed shots where I start my stroke with the cue tip a distance from the CB and can not do any form of warm up strokes and the shot goes where I want and not where I hope( like alot of players I see) proves that warm up strokes are not needed when using Ghostball. In addition, there are other type of shots where I just pull back and stroke, no warm up needed.

How do you account for this fact? I mean I am using Ghostball and can get the cue on the aim line and stroke and the OB goes center pocket. How can this be if using ghost ball is estimating?

But then again I practice a hell of a lot more than most on here, which if you read between the system hype, they all require practice to master and one is not easier to master then the other.
Statements like the one made in the quote above is done so to justify your failure in using Ghostball and that's all.
The ghost ball is the best!

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

Last edited by 8pack; 02-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Old
  (#21)
mohrt
Student of the Game
mohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

02-07-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
One shot I can think of with ghostball that is not an estimation is the half-ball hit. When you recognize you are on the half ball hit line, you know that you can just aim at the edge of the OB to make the shot. That is an objective target, there is no estimation involved. You can further refine the objectivity of Ghostball aiming with fractions, or quarters systems. If you can recognize them, they are objective targets. Everything else in between is an estimation. Sure you can refine that system over years of HAMB and you can one-stroke your shots with confidence, but by definition the placement of the ghostball is subjective.

Quote:
This is a false assumption.

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/ Taking your game to the next level.

Old
  (#22)
gazman100
CTE - Qld Australia
gazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond reputegazman100 has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:I have reached the stage of looking at the CB last. It is so simple. I have the crown of the CB and the bottom of the CB as objective references for my tip position. When I am stopped at CCB, I focus on the CB, just a tick above my tip position. When I pull the cue back my attention never leaves the very small contact area of CCB. My pull back to pause is slow and my visual attention to CCB target is not interrupted by shifting to the OB. I believe this is the ultimate eye pattern for CTE.

This can allow you to eventually consider the CB last as your target. Eye patterns are individual but one problem many players have is that their eye patterns are inconsistent and allow for mental and visual disconnect from the task at hand.Quote:

Hi Stan,
This eye patten is almost opposite to how I was taught. Can you cover this eye patten for Pro/one in debth in your new DVD2.
One million thanks again.
Cheers

Old
  (#23)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-07-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman100 View Post
Quote:I have reached the stage of looking at the CB last. It is so simple. I have the crown of the CB and the bottom of the CB as objective references for my tip position. When I am stopped at CCB, I focus on the CB, just a tick above my tip position. When I pull the cue back my attention never leaves the very small contact area of CCB. My pull back to pause is slow and my visual attention to CCB target is not interrupted by shifting to the OB. I believe this is the ultimate eye pattern for CTE.

This can allow you to eventually consider the CB last as your target. Eye patterns are individual but one problem many players have is that their eye patterns are inconsistent and allow for mental and visual disconnect from the task at hand.Quote:

Hi Stan,
This eye patten is almost opposite to how I was taught. Can you cover this eye patten for Pro/one in debth in your new DVD2.
One million thanks again.
Cheers
Yes, I cover this on DVD2 but it is fairly straight forward.

CCB connects your aim to the pockets for all shots.

CCB is money!

Use your strongest visual alignment during full stance that allows you to see a perfect CB, particularly your target, CCB.

When you sweep to CCB your first task is to tweak your tip to exact CCB. Use the crown of the CB or its base as a reference. Then look up at the OB. You must resist tweaking your tip position to make the OB look correct. You must learn to trust CCB. If the OB presents a red flag, you will recognize that. Just start over if you have to make horizontal tip movements to get in line. Often there are tweaks, but those tweaks are ALWAYS to CCB.

Since CCB is your target there is not much sense in sawing wood. Zero, one, maybe two practice are sufficient. I used to take 6-8 strokes. I am down to Zero now. I have never pocketed balls better.

Let's say you have CCB as a target with your tip stopped at the CB, dead center.
You have 4 eye pattern options at this point as I see it.
1. Shift up to OB and then engage in backswing and shoot.
2. Shift up to OB during backswing and then continue to your finished stroke.
3. Complete backswing and then during your pause shift your eyes to the OB and then shoot.
4. You are stopped the CB and your eyes are focused 1 tick above your tip placement. As you pull your cue back, your eyes in laser- like fashion focus intently on the exact CB tick that represents your target. Continue to the pause position and all the way to finish. There is no real need to look at the OB.

During my journey With CTE I progressed from 1 to 4. A perfect pattern does not happen all at once. There are factors that must blend together through experience. A strong eye pattern represents a very strong mental/ visual connection to the CB OB relationship. In time a confidence emerges that can allow one trust in the CB as a target vs the OB.

Our game is largely about allowing our visual and physical intelligence to work at their highest level. The highest level is simply see and shoot. The eyes and body figure out how to connect with pockets given enough time.

The amazing thing about CTE PRO ONE is that its objectivity represents a set of instructions that take you to shot lines. This was not supposed to be. Our eyes and body have no words for this.

Pure CTE is simply a set of 2 perceptions and a slight rotation to CCB that connects with the pockets. This description was never supposed to happen and clearly represents aiming in a new dimension.

I show all of this in DVD2. And again, I can and will demo all that I say and present on DVD2.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 02-07-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Not to be too argumentative, but....
Old
  (#24)
Yoda4962
North Texas
Yoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond repute

Smile Not to be too argumentative, but.... - 02-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:

Many players are looking for additional tools in their tool box. So even though they may start with ghost ball or whatever, they have not progresses as they would like, so they try to add tools. Understanding that no previous tools are completely tossed aside, then ANY system should be tried, and evaluated by each player. Each player has to find their own path to better play, and if you have found yours, then support those that still seek !

Best of luck to you , and keep playing !!!
Y

Texas Player

My experience may help you on CTE....
Old
  (#25)
Yoda4962
North Texas
Yoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond reputeYoda4962 has a reputation beyond repute

My experience may help you on CTE.... - 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM

I have been playing for about 40 years, left high school to become a full time player, so I've seen a few rodeos ! Also, i practice 6 to 8 hours a day.

After all that time, nothing has increased my ball pocketing CONFIDENCE, as much as CTE and PRO one.

Why am i saying this ? To encourage you to stick with it, and give it your best ability.

Just played on the 10 ft's at the Derby city, and ball pocketing was no problem what so ever !!!

Y

Texas Player

Old
  (#26)
Phoenix13
Banned
Phoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix13 has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2013, 01:08 PM

ccb ........ If you walk around the ball 360 degree's and when ever you decide to stop you will see CCB and a left and right edge of the cue ball.
Attached Images

Last edited by Phoenix13; 02-07-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Old
  (#27)
MOJOE
Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
MOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325
  Send a message via AIM to MOJOE Send a message via Yahoo to MOJOE  
02-07-2013, 02:00 PM

Hey Yoda,

Who are you? Just curious which Pro pool player you are! Curious minds want to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda4962 View Post
I have been playing for about 40 years, left high school to become a full time player, so I've seen a few rodeos ! Also, i practice 6 to 8 hours a day.

After all that time, nothing has increased my ball pocketing CONFIDENCE, as much as CTE and PRO one.

Why am i saying this ? To encourage you to stick with it, and give it your best ability.

Just played on the 10 ft's at the Derby city, and ball pocketing was no problem what so ever !!!

Y

Old
  (#28)
nobcitypool
AzB Silver Member
nobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2013, 10:28 PM

Thanks to those posting tips and a big thank you to Scott! He graciously spent over an hour with me on the phone today and helped me in several areas with Pro One. Scott is clearly quite knowledgeable about the game of pool and very articulate. Also, a very nice gentleman indeed!

I played league tonight and after a reasonably good Pro One practice session this afternoon, I decided to use Pro One regardless of the results. I played quite well (for me anyway), annihilated my opponent and had a break and run mixed in with lots of 4 to 6 ball runs during the match. To be fair to Pro One, on most of the tougher shots, I focused on making the shots totally without paying nearly as much attention as usual to CB position. This may have limited my success somewhat but my primary objective was to test Pro One in a somewhat competitive environment for the shot pocketing aspect.

I'd add that on all shots, my eyes were on CCB during the entire stroke. Totally new concept and I can't argue with the results. There were 3 or 4 shots where I couldn't decide upon the proper visuals. These were tough shots anyway so I decided in all cases to opt for a safety.

I wish/hope more people who have had success with Pro One and much more extensive experience will post their thoughts and experiences with Pro One. I can't see how anyone can question the validity of the system if learned and executed properly by the user. Considering I started working with Pro One only 3 weeks ago, I'm rather enthusiastic about the progress to date. Thank you Stan!

Playing Cue: Jensen with Revo 12.4 Shaft
Break Cue: OB Rift

Old
  (#29)
Ratta
Hearing the balls.....
Ratta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000
 Send a message via ICQ to Ratta Send a message via MSN to Ratta  
02-07-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda4962 View Post

Y
"Deleted- after good advice from a good friend".

jimho

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."......Albert Einstein
________

"Advanced PBIA Instructor and proud member of the SPF Family"

Last edited by Ratta; 02-08-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Sorry, ...
Old
  (#30)
Yoda4962
North Texas

Smile Sorry, ... - 02-08-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJOE View Post
Hey Yoda,

Who are you? Just curious which Pro pool player you are! Curious minds want to know!
I like my anonymous position so that i don't have to listen to the AZ crazies attacks. ie lou, patrick, etc etc....!

Texas Player

Page 2 of 6 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: