OB Classic vs OB Classic Pro vs SS360

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
When you get your new shaft take the Tiger Everest tip off of it and install your Kamui SS tip on it and you will be surprised at the difference.

app4dstn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't this only when using back hand or pivot english?

The question should be: what is the pivot point of these shafts? Deflection varies based on your bridge length. Google Dr. Dave's pool, billiards.

I'm with TenneseeJoe. Deflection is a physical attribute of the equipment. Squirt cancelling is the state that corresponds to bridging at what we call the pivot point of the shaft. And is what makes BHE an effective tool. The further back that pivot point is from the tip the less deflection the shaft has.

Mike Page's vise grip plier YouTube video, dr dave's pivot length determination test, and Colin Colenso's extensive contributions to AZB will pull these interrelated concepts together. (A big shoutout to them and many others for sharing their insights)

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm officially excited at that statement!!

It appears my reply is to late but I would avoid the classic+ shafts. The hit is weak compared to the classic no matter what tip is used. Right here on AZ I was told the classic+ is very solid. Those that said that totally had no clue. The SS360/2 is a lot more solid than the classic+, I have owned both. I got rid of the classic + a long story but it was a nightmare. The 360/2 deflects more but there will always be trade offs. The 314/2 and 314/3 are a better compromise of both feel and deflection. Mezz has some good offerings as well but I lack enough play to voice an opinion.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
It appears my reply is to late but I would avoid the classic+ shafts. The hit is weak compared to the classic no matter what tip is used. Right here on AZ I was told the classic+ is very solid. Those that said that totally had no clue. The SS360/2 is a lot more solid than the classic+, I have owned both. I got rid of the classic + a long story but it was a nightmare. The 360/2 deflects more but there will always be trade offs. The 314/2 and 314/3 are a better compromise of both feel and deflection. Mezz has some good offerings as well but I lack enough play to voice an opinion.

No, you weren't to late. He didn't comprehend my first two posts very well. I have been jumped on for saying sometrhing is junk on this forum before. So I try not to do that anymore.

I tried my Classic + shaft last night with the harder Kamui Soft tip on it and I still was not satisfied. So I went back to my Original Classic shaft.

Ahgao86

Registered
No, you weren't to late. He didn't comprehend my first two posts very well. I have been jumped on for saying sometrhing is junk on this forum before. So I try not to do that anymore.

I tried my Classic + shaft last night with the harder Kamui Soft tip on it and I still was not satisfied. So I went back to my Original Classic shaft.

I understood what you meant bro. And I appreciate it. It's gonna be my first LD shaft so anyways I'll just try it out. Next time I'll have something to compare. 😁

Ahgao86

Registered

Appreciate your response bro. I'll give my honest feedback after playing with it and getting used to it. Only then would I have something to compare. Thank you!!