Low deflection vs traditional shafts

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if any of the top players use traditional or solid maple shafts anymore?
Both the Ko brothers use Southwest's with solid shafts. I think Wu also uses a SW. Larger diameter solid shafts are kinda popular with various Asian players.

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Roberts uses standard Lomax shaft. Alex p uses standard Carmeli, Tony Chohan uses standard shaft. Think Freezer still does, Efren still does, Busti, Justin Hall. There are alot out there who still prefer standard.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Roberts uses standard Lomax shaft. Alex p uses standard Carmeli, Tony Chohan uses standard shaft. Think Freezer still does, Efren still does, Busti, Justin Hall. There are alot out there who still prefer standard.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. I love my AXI-K.

That's my player too atm. I have only played with mezz shafts for years now. They're just better quality than any other product on the market IMO. I'm using their CF shaft rn, and I would highly recommend it to people who want a CF shaft but think the revo hit is too "tingy". Mezz CF shaft hits better than almost all wood LD shafts I've ever played with. It definitely has more deflection than a revo, but that doesn't bother me. Made it easier to adjust to, actually.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Hi guys newbie here with a question are there any good low deflection shafts made here in the good ole USA ??? I know McDermott make some but opinions seem to mixed. You know a company can have stuff made over seas and assemble it here and legally call it American made. I could import shafts from China with no tip put a tip on it and call it American made witch is sad our country allows this. So i wan't a good low deflection shaft that is 100% American made.

If you want an American made shaft then having a custom cue maker build you a shaft would probably guarantee it was American made. Ask the cuemaker his process. I get some of my shaft wood as dowels and have about 400-500 in squares which I will need to cut down. Most cuemakers should tell you.

Jack

stockbob55

Registered
Re: USA LD shafts

I kind of hate to mention the "M" word but I believe that Meucci is made in the USA.

I play with an old pre dot Meucci shaft which is lower deflection than most shafts made back then but not primarily marketed as LD.

I like it better than the predator 314 that also came with the cue but then I have years of practice with a snooker cue making adjustments for side spin.