Szamboti connection

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I would like to get in touch with Barry Szamboti...... Can someone give me his number or email address? How long is his wait list? Do his cues "clink" like Gus' do (got to hit with a Gus once..... it was an experience I would like to have again - good hiting cue :smile:)?

DWBOD

Game Over!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
If you really want to get in touch with Barry, I would wait a month or two until Valley Forge is over. He's got a lot of stuff going on right now.

Doug

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm not gonna get in touch with him today.... LOL!! I was thinking about sending him an email so he could respond at his leisure. But for any discussions with him, I'm gonna wait till after Valley Forge. Do you happen to know where his cues start at in terms of price?

Bigd3

BIGGER in Texas
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Barry !

WHY WAIT ! Last time I looked, Kevin had a nice Barry Hoppe on Ebay ! Always has great cues and a well respected AZ member. Hope this helps ! Dan

Nicky817Nick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I called Barry 3 or 4 years ago wanting to order a cue/put on the list... Barry said he wasn't taking anymore orders.. But things might have changed since then, doubt it.. But you'll never know if you don't ask... Luckily enough, I was still able to get a hoppe beauty from DJKEYS... GL..

Nick

P.S. Kevin does have a Hoppe beauty on ebay as we speak. You might want to check it out..

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have had a couple of Barry's cues in my hands and they do play exceptionally well with a distinctive clink to them as well.
I have tested Gus's cues and everyone of them had a nice hit to it as well.

There are some exceptional cues being offered by Barry right now on the forum.
In addition to the one being auctioned by Kevin, there is a beauty by Barry in this thread.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
A lot. I heard a while back that if you got on his waiting list many years ago and was quoted a certain price he was charging way more when your cue was done.

Barry's normal practice is not quoting any prices when you are just getting on his list, since that could be a long time.
When he is going to start your cue he would contact you and go through the details.
If anyone has a cue being completed and doesn't like the price Barry gives you, PLEASE contact me ASAP... I will take it, plus throw a few bucks your way...
Best,
Ken Kerner

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Barry

Good luck getting on his list, Barry made me a cue in the early 2000-2001 and I let it go. I called him a couple of months ago and he told me" my mother couldnt get a cue from me now".

jimmycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Barry's list

I got on Barry S list for a cue in 1997. So i think the used market is the best place to look for a cue from Barry.

johnqbs

john@qbs
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
please build me a cue

the first and last time i beged a cue maker to make me a cue , a very well
known cue maker . after got cue was so dissatisfyed made me sick .
should have sent it back , did not want to even talk to the beep beep beep
to keep it clean. just put it on the wall in my pool room for a player ,
and as a reminder not to beg a cue maker again . they are a lot of good
cue makers right here on az that would be glad to build a cue , and just
the way you want it. i am sure others have had same experience.
yes this is a true story. take care john107:anderson sc

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Barry is not taking any orders right now so I would not waste your time calling. The best/only place to get a Barry cue is on the secondary market. Unless of course you are fortunate enough to already be on his list.

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Please build me a cue

the first and last time i beged a cue maker to make me a cue , a very well
known cue maker . after got cue was so dissatisfyed made me sick .
should have sent it back , did not want to even talk to the beep beep beep
to keep it clean. just put it on the wall in my pool room for a player ,
and as a reminder not to beg a cue maker again . they are a lot of good
cue makers right here on az that would be glad to build a cue , and just
the way you want it. i am sure others have had same experience.
yes this is a true story. take care john107:anderson sc

I could see something like that happening, but in the case of a Szamboti, it wouldn't be a cue I would play with hardly at all. I'm pretty set on playing only with a Ginacue.

in regards to what happened to you.... I would post that sucker up here and sell it if you don't like it hat much.

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I guess I'm S.O.L. with ordering from Barry then...... Oh well, one of these days I'll run into a Szamboti I like and will pull the trigger on it.

Thanks guys for all your comments and input.