my magic chalk review

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
before i give you my review i want to tell you how i obtained this chalk.
last week i started a thread where i posted about how i thought it was pathetic some one would stoop low enough to steal a zip lock bag of master chalk out of my case at 8 ball ltc's.

chicago rj read my post and offered to send me some magic chalk to replace what was stolen. i was quite surprised at his offer and did not know what to say at 1st. its not like i could not afford to replace a dozen cubes of 25 cent chalk. i had 2 more new cubes of masters plus a practically new cube in the bottom of my case the thieff did not see. plus 2 practically full quarter holders and misc. tips and shapers. they just grabbed the bag of chalk sticking out of the top of the case.

i replied to rj that i appreciated his kind offer and would pay for the chalk. he would not hear of me paying for it and sent me 2 boxes free of charge,

so i got the chalk yesterday . i decided i would put it to the test tonight at 9 ball ltc's. i took one box with me " 2 cubes to the tournament ". upon taking a cube out i noticed a hard thin crust on top. like it was dried out or something.

i scraped the crust off and it was silky smooth under it. i chalked the tips of both my cues and was surprised how well it adhered to them no flakes or dust at all. i shot 2 racks for practice before the tournament started and the chalk held up well.

upon starting my match i looked at my tip very closely every time i chalked since i was unsure how well this chalk would work. it went on easy and stayed on surprisingly well. i got comfortable enough with it too quit checking my tip as my match progressed.

bottom line is it goes on and stays on better than masters...predator...silver cup or blue diamond. i rank it right up there with kamui as far as ease of application and adherence.... with out all the mess . magic chalk is the cleanest chalk i have ever used. after my match my fingers were completely free of any chalk residue.

rj ...you got me hooked. :grin-square:

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
YOU BETCHA AWESOME CHALK! BEST ON MARKET NOBODY COMPETES. LOVE IT!:thumbup:

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got my 3 box order in the mail yesterday. I won't go back to my Masters until I can't get this stuff anymore. Hope that never happens though.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got my 3 box order in the mail yesterday. I won't go back to my Masters until I can't get this stuff anymore. Hope that never happens though.
I actually thought about that, not being able to get it. Maybe I can buy a small stock of it and vacuum pack it or something. I don't know if chalk can go bad over time. It would not be the first time I liked something then all of a sudden could not get it anymore.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually thought about that, not being able to get it. Maybe I can buy a small stock of it and vacuum pack it or something. I don't know if chalk can go bad over time. It would not be the first time I liked something then all of a sudden could not get it anymore.

Story of my life Macguy!! I like what I like, and am loyal to that. Whether it's a food, beer, restaurant, clothing. I find something I really enjoy and the next thing you know, it's discontinued!

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I'm going to order some, but I'm worried about "how will I think while lining up the next shot?"

Seriously, I'm so used to chalking as part of my "thinking routine"... it's a nervous habit. (John ?lastname? of Kamui once said that over-chalking is what wears tips down faster than anything else...and he's probably right).

Will this be like kicking cigarettes?

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have tried most all the different ones and after using Magic chalk, it is the only one I have used for the last year, and don't plan on changing.

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I'm going to order some, but I'm worried about "how will I think while lining up the next shot?"

Seriously, I'm so used to chalking as part of my "thinking routine"... it's a nervous habit. (John ?lastname? of Kamui once said that over-chalking is what wears tips down faster than anything else...and he's probably right).

Will this be like kicking cigarettes?

I just recently switched to MC. I have started getting in the habit of "lightly" (and I mean barely!) swiping the chalk on the tip as a continuation of my pre-shot routine for every shot. I already know there's chalk on the tip (Magic Chalk), but this still allows me to go through the motions of my normal pre-shot routine. When I have a shot that requires extreme English or Draw, I'll chalk it more "aggressively" to make make myself feel more confident (meaning I "know" it's chalked) over the shot.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I just recently switched to MC. I have started getting in the habit of "lightly" (and I mean barely!) swiping the chalk on the tip as a continuation of my pre-shot routine for every shot. I already know there's chalk on the tip (Magic Chalk), but this still allows me to go through the motions of my normal pre-shot routine. When I have a shot that requires extreme English or Draw, I'll chalk it more "aggressively" to make make myself feel more confident (meaning I "know" it's chalked) over the shot.

Not a bad idea ;) Soon, you will learn to live without chalking up after each shot.
"I'm out there and loving it" (best Kramer impersonation)

Shoot well.