Replacing tip on Predator 314-3

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have experience with 314-3 shafts, but I am removing a Kamui tip with the clear backing. After removing the tip, the middle surface is gray, which is not what I was expecting (white). It looks as though its not a capped ferrule, but from what I understand all Predator ferrules are capped. I suspect I just need to take a little more off with the lathe, but just wanted some experienced input before removing any more material.
-Thanks
Ferrule 1.jpg

Ferrule 2.jpg

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 314-3 has a V-Tek Silencing Pad on top of the ferrule.

It looks like most of that pad has been removed. You need to have this pad installed again to protect the ferrule an the thin walled tenon that is underneath the tenon or alongside whichever way you look at it.

Anyway, this v-tek pads are propriatery pads and you need to goto a authorized predator repairman or send it to predator to get the proper v-tek pad installed and then another tip can be installed.

The pads are not cheap either, like $10.00+ depending on who u get it from.

Hope this helps, if you put a REGULAR fiber pad or a Carbon Fiber pad, this will kill your warranty and can have failures on the ferrule or tenon, so DONT DO THIS.

Get it repaired--PROPERLY

Respectfully,

acedonkeyace
Mike Kennedy
The CueMan--Kennedys Billiard ProShop and Repairs