AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes they make fun of this site.
has anyone noticed the dumb shit the
childish post on there??

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see em on almost all sites. I read what I need, and leave the rest. Within the first two sentences I can tell if I want to continue.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of the best 1p and bank players ever hang out and post over there and with the right attitude about the content you can pick up some nice gems in some of their posts. I don't post a lot over there, but I sure do listen.

Lucky_Lew66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looking for a link to a video on AZ about one pocket

I was one here one night and ended up on a video link that had two guys teaching one pocket techniques and practice routines and i havent been able to find it since. I figured maybe one of you one pocket addicts might have the link saved from back then. One guy was shooting and the other guy was commentating i think, it was quite long because i watched it for over 2 hours and had to quit,but it is broken down into several lessons. They show several different shots to practice your one pocket skills on there, it seemed quite good ,but i cant find it again,anyone know the link i am reffering to. The guy shooting was about 30 and the commentator was about 50. Please put the link in a post on here if you know what video i am reffering to. Thanks in advance..

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I don't read the site but I wouldn't mind seeing a few funny examples if you're able to copy & paste :p

Banks

Banned
childish post on there??

Old people can be childish *****s, too. The difference is that there aren't that many people over there, so those 'special' ones stand out more. I grew tired of some old one-eyed has-been telling everybody how stupid they were and how bad they played, so I told him off and haven't been back since. I'll take 12-4 because I still shoot like crap and don't know how to play because I only frequent AZB now, maybe 14-2 because I'm also an APA player! :eek: Sorry, Steve.

Dudley

english happy
Silver Member
childish post on there??

As a poster over there I would add that it is unfair to group the whole site together in one statement.

I post on both AZ and OP.org and think they are both great places to be.

Individuals shouldn't represent the entire forum.

Dudley

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a poster over there I would add that it is unfair to group the whole site together in one statement.

Dudley

Agreed. This thread is lame.

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dudley

ditto

no doubt about, both sites are top-notch

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
childish post on there??

What is childish is making a post when you have your head up your ass. If you don't get it, the site that is, don't visit it and don't trash it. Some of my best friends frequent that site and there is a huge knowledge base over there that helps those wanting to learn or better themselves at one pocket and banks.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
When I think of OP.org, it is of fantastic Hall of Fame Induction dinners where long time champion players are honored. The organization is run by caring people who care for one of pool's finest games respectfully. I've never seen any politics that seem predudicial and the members get to vote on HOF inductees.

Knowing the organization from the forum alone isn't enough of a representation...and pool needs every supporter it can get, especially those who care deeply.

I'd like to hear from Wincardona or Freddy the Beard on this matter. Some of MY heroes are enshrined by onepocket.org and its hall of fame. Grady was master of cerimony at many a memorable dinner...one pocket Hall of Fame world beaters sitting at each table...so bums like me could get a chance to meet and break bread with a legendary player. I saw Mr. Incardona accept his award....along with Jimmy Fusco...players I've watched and learned from for years.

Someone might remind a forum clown that they do the organization a disservice with defamitory posts...but this is America...we all have our opinions

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member

Dudley

Nicely said.

There's 2-3 fellas over at 1P.org that have hissy-fits and talk like dunk 7th graders. Most all of the others are just like the majority of posters here. Good guys (girls too!)

One thing strong they have at 1P.org is Billy Incardona does a lot of posting there. He's like some kind of super-genius with the nuances of percentages, match ups, sequence and shot selections. Iv'e said it a hundred times, if I could have ever had a pool manager, I'd pick Billy hands down.

I don't post as often unless the subject is a pro player or the goings on in major tournaments. But I still lurk at both sites. I'm so glad that each site is still up and running. These two sites are like my morning newspaper.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Nicely said.

There's 2-3 fellas over at 1P.org that have hissy-fits and talk like dunk 7th graders. Most all of the others are just like the majority of posters here. Good guys (girls too!)

One thing strong they have at 1P.org is Billy Incardona does a lot of posting there. He's like some kind of super-genius with the nuances of percentages, match ups, sequence and shot selections. Iv'e said it a hundred times, if I could have ever had a pool manager, I'd pick Billy hands down.

I don't post as often unless the subject is a pro player or the goings on in major tournaments. But I still lurk at both sites. I'm so glad that each site is still up and running. These two sites are like my morning newspaper.
Nice to see you posting Terry. Hope all is well

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please don't knock this site

I know the person who started this great site and I and many other people who enjoy one pocket love the site, if you don't simply don't click it. Thank you,

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Listen, Onepocket.org is a great site, with a great caring moderator, Steve Booth, a man who is always pushing for the acknowledgement and furtherance of the game. Ya'll are invited. Aside from the usual Flame Wars that are present on all sites (I hate to admit it, but I am easily flamed, but I have put my two antagonists on Ignore so those doors are closed now), its a great site where a player can learn a little something. It is also the sponsor of one of the great pool events of the year, the One Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner.

I will do my best to put my arm around all newbies.

Beard