Tidbits from the World 14.1

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Shaw just had a bad miss with Williams and Shaw both in the 150's but Charlie squandered the opportunity running just 6.

Williams 164 Shaw 157 with Jayson about to shoot a break shot

Eberle 151 Hohmann 99

Cohen 176 Kiamko 118

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Cohen eliminates Kiamko. Not certain of it, but I believe Cohen got his 200 in just four innings. Well played! Cohen advances to the quarterfinals.

Shaw has eliminated Williams to advance to the quarterfinals.

Eberle 165 Hohmann 99 with a safety battle in progress. Safet battle won by Hohmann.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Afternoon session now in progress.

Appleton 98 Wilkie 0
Schmidt ran 104 and leads Van Boening 104-8
Immonen 72 Barouty 40

Hatch vs Ortmann will follow Hohmann vs Eberle on the stream table.

Eberle 165 Hohmann 112

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Afternoon session now in progress.

Appleton 98 Wilkie 0
Schmidt ran 104 and leads Van Boening 104-8
Immonen 72 Barouty 40

Hatch vs Ortmann will follow Hohmann vs Eberle on the stream table.

Eberle 165 Hohmann 112

Thank you, SJM, for all your updates. Very much appreciated.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Eberle 165 Hohmann 154

Immonen 86 Barouty 68

Schmidt 115 Van Boening 21

Appleton 140 Wilkie 0

Darren about to take the lead in the high run, I'm told. Haven't been watching it.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Immonen 156 Barouty 68

Hohmann 182 Eberle 165

Schmidt and Appleton are surely headed for the quarterfinals.

Hatch and Ortmann still waiting for the stream table.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Hohmann eliminates Eberle. Thorsten advances to the quarterfinals.

Immonen needs less than ten balls against Barouty to advance to the quarterfinals. Barouty at the table presently, still needing another 125 balls.

Already in the quarterfinals:

Hohmann
Cohen
Shaw
Bustamante

Looks good for Appleton and Schmidt.

Hatch vs. Ortmann will start shortly to determine the last quarterfinalist.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Immonen eliminates Barouty 200-84 to advance to the quarterfinals, joining Hohmann, Shaw, Cohen and Bustamante.

Schmidt eliminates Van Boening, advancing to the quarterfinals. Believe it was 200-47, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not seen the non breaker miss the first shot out of about 10 games. I wonder how good these pros are at making the corner ball once back off the break. I think I could make it 1 out of ten. If one could make it 6 out of 10, it might be worth trying.

Has anyone made the perfect two balls out and back to the rack break and the cue in the jaws of the pocket?

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not seen the non breaker miss the first shot out of about 10 games. I wonder how good these pros are at making the corner ball once back off the break. I think I could make it 1 out of ten. If one could make it 6 out of 10, it might be worth trying.

Has anyone made the perfect two balls out and back to the rack break and the cue in the jaws of the pocket?

If the cue ball is in the jaws after the break, I wouldn't call that a perfect break. I'd call that damn lucky he didn't scratch. The perfect break is to come four rails and freeze to the head cushion.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Last two quarterfinals will start soon -

Immonen vs Appleton

Schmidt vs Hatch

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Those both should be very good matches. Mika and Darren are both playing as well as anyone in the game right now, and normally I would say Schmidt would be the clear favorite over Hatch in straight pool but Dennis showed in his last match that he definitely knows how to play the game and he's in stroke for sure. Damn I love this tournament.