WPB World 9 ball

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
astounding that no tournament in any country can update a chart within 27 days of a match ending.

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member

Attachments

• 1185899_355997744533754_514053103_n.jpg
    1185899_355997744533754_514053103_n.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 415

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Thanks. Great matches in the next round include:

Mika Immonen vs Alex Pagulayan
Nick Vandenberg vs Efren Reyes
Wang Can vs Nick Ekonomopolous
Ralf Souquet vs Carlo Biado

I know it's dangerous to look ahead, but the Round of 32 may produce a matchup between two former World 9-ball champions, Appleton vs Hohmann.

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member
Thanks. Great matches in the next round include:

Mika Immonen vs Alex Pagulayan
Nick Vandenberg vs Efren Reyes
Wang Can vs Nick Ekonomopolous
Ralf Souquet vs Carlo Biado

I know it's dangerous to look ahead, but the Round of 32 may produce a matchup between two former World 9-ball champions, Appleton vs Hohmann.

It's going to be a difficult to predict Championship. Here are the matches:

Matches 1-8 begin at 11AM

1. Chang Jun Lin(TPE) vs. Oliver Ortmann(GER)
2. Antonio Gabica(PHL) vs. Efren Reyes(PHL)

3. Ko Pin Yi(TPE) vs. Ryu Seung Woo(KOR)
4.Mika Immonen(FIN) vs. Alex Pagulayan(CAN)

5. Wu Chi Ching(CHN) vs. Chao Fong Pang(TPE)
6. Nick Van den Berg(NED) vs. Efren Reyes(PHL)

7. Toh Lian Han(SIN) vs. Kong Bu Hong(HKG)
8. Hsu Kai Lun(TPE) vs. Phil Burford(GBR)

Matches 9-16 begin at 1:30PM

9. Marlon Villamor(PHL) vs. Karl Boyes(GBR)
10. Konstantin Stepanov(RUS) vs. Huidji See(NED)

11. Israel Rota(PHL) vs. Mark Antony(PHL)
12. Lo Li Wen(TPE) vs. Raymond Faroun(PHL)

13. Manuel Gama(POR) vs. Lee Vann Corteza(PHL)
14. Daryl Peach(GBR) vs. Corey Duel(USA)

15. Mario He(AUT) vs. Mark Gray(GBR)
16. Wang Can(CHN) vs. Nick Ekonomopoulos(GRE)

Matches 17-24 begin at 4PM

17. Naoyuki Oi(JPN) vs. Dominic Jentsch(GER)
18. Vilmos Foldes(HUN) vs. Nguyen K. Hoang(VIE)

19. Niels Feijen(NED) vs. Jeff De Luna(PHL)
20. Ruslan Chinakov(RUS) vs. Mohammed Zulfikri(INA)

21. Darren Appleton(GBR) vs. Ivo Aarts(NED)
22. Toru Kuribayashi(JPN) vs. Thorsten Hohmann(GER)

23. Nick Malaj(ALB) vs. John Morra(CAN)
24. Dennis Orcollo(PHL) vs. Cheng Yu Hsuan(TPE)

Matches 25-32 Begin at 6:30pm

25. Chang Yu Lung(TPE) vs. Chris Melling(GBR)
26. Enrique Rojas(CHL) vs. Ramil Gallego(PHL)

27. David Alcaide(ESP) vs. Imran Majid(GBR)
28. Jalal Yousef(VEN) vs. Alexander Kazakis(GRE)

29. Ralf Souquet(GER) vs. Carlo Biado(PHL)
30. Shane Van Boening(USA) vs. Mohd Ali Berjawi(LEB)

31. Fabio Petroni(ITA) vs. Dmitri Jungo(SUI)
32. Omar Al Shaheen(KUW) vs. Marlon Manalo(PHL)

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So these are streamed, any idea when they start central time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member
So these are streamed, any idea when they start central time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7 hours difference from NYC (East Coast), and 10 hours from West Coast, so it could be 8.5 hours from Central Time (Last 64 starts at 11:00 Am - Qatar Time on September 11, 2013).

You have efren listed twice

It's going to be a difficult to predict Championship. Here are the matches:

Matches 1-8 begin at 11AM

1. Chang Jun Lin(TPE) vs. Oliver Ortmann(GER)
2. Antonio Gabica(PHL) vs. Efren Reyes(PHL)

3. Ko Pin Yi(TPE) vs. Ryu Seung Woo(KOR)
4.Mika Immonen(FIN) vs. Alex Pagulayan(CAN)

5. Wu Chi Ching(CHN) vs. Chao Fong Pang(TPE)
6. Nick Van den Berg(NED) vs. Efren Reyes(PHL)

7. Toh Lian Han(SIN) vs. Kong Bu Hong(HKG)
8. Hsu Kai Lun(TPE) vs. Phil Burford(GBR)

Matches 9-16 begin at 1:30PM

9. Marlon Villamor(PHL) vs. Karl Boyes(GBR)
10. Konstantin Stepanov(RUS) vs. Huidji See(NED)

11. Israel Rota(PHL) vs. Mark Antony(PHL)
12. Lo Li Wen(TPE) vs. Raymond Faroun(PHL)

13. Manuel Gama(POR) vs. Lee Vann Corteza(PHL)
14. Daryl Peach(GBR) vs. Corey Duel(USA)

15. Mario He(AUT) vs. Mark Gray(GBR)
16. Wang Can(CHN) vs. Nick Ekonomopoulos(GRE)

Matches 17-24 begin at 4PM

17. Naoyuki Oi(JPN) vs. Dominic Jentsch(GER)
18. Vilmos Foldes(HUN) vs. Nguyen K. Hoang(VIE)

19. Niels Feijen(NED) vs. Jeff De Luna(PHL)
20. Ruslan Chinakov(RUS) vs. Mohammed Zulfikri(INA)

21. Darren Appleton(GBR) vs. Ivo Aarts(NED)
22. Toru Kuribayashi(JPN) vs. Thorsten Hohmann(GER)

23. Nick Malaj(ALB) vs. John Morra(CAN)
24. Dennis Orcollo(PHL) vs. Cheng Yu Hsuan(TPE)

Matches 25-32 Begin at 6:30pm

25. Chang Yu Lung(TPE) vs. Chris Melling(GBR)
26. Enrique Rojas(CHL) vs. Ramil Gallego(PHL)

27. David Alcaide(ESP) vs. Imran Majid(GBR)
28. Jalal Yousef(VEN) vs. Alexander Kazakis(GRE)

29. Ralf Souquet(GER) vs. Carlo Biado(PHL)
30. Shane Van Boening(USA) vs. Mohd Ali Berjawi(LEB)

31. Fabio Petroni(ITA) vs. Dmitri Jungo(SUI)
32. Omar Al Shaheen(KUW) vs. Marlon Manalo(PHL)

Gabica is playing Nguyen Tuan

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This field is an absolute killer, consisting of nearly all of the game's superstars. It is an unfortunate reality of our sport that the level of expense has, in recent years, made such occasions all too rare.

It's events like this that sort out the truly elite in the world of pool. I can't even imagine who will pull off the incredible feat of besting this deep, phenomenal field, but can say with certainty that we'll have a great champion a few days down the road.

There are no easy draws here and the players have very little room for error. Of course, that's just as it should be in deciding a world championship, for sustained, uninterrupted excellence is something only a great champion can produce.

We are really in for a treat as the truly elite take on the task of knocking off champion after champion after champion. Bring it on!

What is fascinating is

This field is an absolute killer, consisting of nearly all of the game's superstars. It is an unfortunate reality of our sport that the level of expense has, in recent years, made such occasions all too rare.

It's events like this that sort out the truly elite in the world of pool. I can't even imagine who will pull off the incredible feat of besting this deep, phenomenal field, but can say with certainty that we'll have a great champion a few days down the road.

There are no easy draws here and the players have very little room for error. Of course, that's just as it should be in deciding a world championship, for sustained, uninterrupted excellence is something only a great champion can produce.

We are really in for a treat as the truly elite take on the task of knocking off champion after champion after champion. Bring it on!

That we know so little about many of the Asian monster players, who on any given day can defeat the champions we do know. At the end of the week, we may see the crown worn by a player we have never even heard of.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
That we know so little about many of the Asian monster players, who on any given day can defeat the champions we do know. At the end of the week, we may see the crown worn by a player we have never even heard of.

So true. I remember when an obscure German came out of the woodwork at the 2003 WPA World Nine Ball Championships. He trailed Bustamante 10-6 and came back to win 11-10 in what I believe were the quarterfinals. He then went on to win the title.

His name was Thorsten Hohmann and he might have looked like a Cinderella back then, but in the perspective of history, we watched the emergence of a giant in our sport. Within three years, he'd won the World 14.1 Championship and the IPT LAS Vegas event and reached the final of the US Open 9-ball.

Last edited:
Who was only months away from quitting

So true. I remember when an obscure German came out of the woodwork at the 2003 WPA World Nine Ball Championships. He trailed Bustamante 10-6 and came back to win 11-10 in what I believe were the quarterfinals. He then went on to win the title.

His name was Thorsten Hohmann and he might have looked like a Cinderella back then, but in the perspective of history, we watched the emergence of a giant in our sport. Within three years, he'd won the World 14.1 Championship and the IPT LAS Vegas event and reached the final of the US Open 9-ball.

Pool before winning that world 9 ball title. That winners check literally changed his life.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Top Bracket

Thank you Harold!

Jung-Lin Chang has a great chance of winning his 1st World 9 Ball Championship. I'm kinda sorry that he has to play one of my very favorite players, Oliver Ortmann. One of these two will be gone......

Fong Pang Chao is in that group of my all-time favorite players. I think it's "strange" that he gets matched up vs Chia Ching Wu. After the trouble that Wu had with the Taiwanese government, him facing Chao can't be comfortable for either of them.

Pin-Yi Ko is a former World Junior Champ who's been tearing it up in Asia. He's another possible winner.

And we can't count out Darren Appleton.....he's won so much that he may be a favorite to win The Kentucky Derby if he entered that! :D

It would have been an even stronger field had Strickland and Ching-Shun Yang entered.

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Harold!

Jung-Lin Chang has a great chance of winning his 1st World 9 Ball Championship. I'm kinda sorry that he has to play one of my very favorite players, Oliver Ortmann. One of these two will be gone......

Fong Pang Chao is in that group of my all-time favorite players. I think it's "strange" that he gets matched up vs Chia Ching Wu. After the trouble that Wu had with the Taiwanese government, him facing Chao can't be comfortable for either of them.

Pin-Yi Ko is a former World Junior Champ who's been tearing it up in Asia. He's another possible winner.

And we can't count out Darren Appleton.....he's won so much that he may be a favorite to win The Kentucky Derby if he entered that! :D

It would have been an even stronger field had Strickland and Ching-Shun Yang entered.

Chao and Wu are friends and have played each other many times both in tournaments and in casual pool room gambling games, so I think no discomfort for either.

Both live in China now so see each other quite often.