LED pool table light- anyone use a dimmer?

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone use a dimmer switch when using LED light panels? Feedback?

No -- sorry -- but doing a lot of kitchen remodels as my line of work, I see a lot of LED lighting in the last few years. You need an LED compatible dimmer sized right for the wattage you have in your table light -- and a professional electric supply house should be able to help you with that (maybe NOT Home Depot, lol). However, some LED's might not even be dimmable, so if you have already committed to the light you might not have much choice.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have to use dimmable LEDs, as you may already know. Here's some good info if you don't. http://www.lutron.com/en-US/service-support/Pages/technical/technicalfaq.aspx?q1=CFL/LED Dimming.

The LED lighting is sometimes too bright when I use it at work. I have to point the light source away and use reflected light to get rid of the glare.

You can use the equivalency rating on the bulb to estimate what amount of light is right for your table. It will tell you a comparable incandescent value that the LED will put out. You can also check the dimming range for the bulb and see if it meets your standards.

Some dimmers require more than one bulb to function. I'd also check the wattage rating of the dimmer if using multiple bulbs, although LEDs have a small load to them.

Best,
Mike

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Led

You can stretch linear polarized film over your led lights.
It will filter out 1/3 of the light and stop electromagnetic polarized waves from striking your non metallic smooth surface from reflecting the waves and causing electromagnetic polarized reflection ( aka glare )

This is where I buy mine for when I was setting up for product photography .
http://polarization.com/polarshop/p...id=28&osCsid=c0cb648bfdfd231d0968b4f7118adef1

The roll is 17 inches wide 15.00 bucks per foot
I have no glare issues when I photographing cues .............

Led lighting starts off as non polarized light until it gets reflected and or scattered then it has electromagnet polarized waves attached to it that causes glare or reflection.

Its really a very involved study, but it would be like putting sun glasses over your light.
The film will also soften the brightness of your led lighting which normally is very bright ( 5500 Kelvin ) now to about 3500 to 4000 kelvin after the film is applied.

mholmes1218

Registered
Check amazon; search for led dimmer. Most single color leds are dimmeable. the led dimmers will handle the load from at least one 5 meter strip. My dimmer is rated at 12 amps. There are different dimmers for single and muli-color leds. Most dimmers come with a remote. The remote can operate multiple dimmers.

Stryder

Registered
LED Dimmer

I used an LED dimmer on my set up.
You have to make sure you buy an LED dimmer with a compatible wattage for the project. I wound up having to try 3 different dimmers because the first 2 I bought at the local home supply store were defective. If you connect everything correctly, and the LED light are glowing faintly when the dimmer is in the OFF position, your switch is defective.

I included a wattage usage at the end of my post for my project to show what the power draw was for the 96' of LED's.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=450928

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

I bought my two 2' X 4' LED panels from Wala lighting in Florida. They came with a wireless controller and can be dimmed in brightness and the color changed remotely. But, I've put it on the brightest and leave it there. You can see it in my signature.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a single 2x4 led panel. I'm considering adding a 2x2 panel for more coverage at the ends of the table.