Manuafacturer of Legacy Billiards Worsted Cloth

langsky

Registered
Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the worsted cloth that Legacy Billiards sells with their tables?

ChesapeakeBlrds

Chesapeake Billiards
Silver Member
The cloth is most likely manufactured overseas, we have not had a good history with it and we personally do not recommend it to our customers.

Last edited:

langsky

Registered
That is not good to hear. I had problems with the installation of my table, which was installed with Championship Invitational. Legacy is working to rectify the issue and is sending their worsted cloth to the dealer for the table to be recovered. It sounds like I am not going to want that cloth on my table.

ChesapeakeBlrds

Chesapeake Billiards
Silver Member
I am not trying to muddy the waters for you at all, and I would rather Legacy not know I even mentioned that. Legacy is trying to offer what they would perceive to be the best they can offer. I would recommend, if you want a worsted wool to buy Simonis or Tour Edition and have it installed at the time your issues are fixed.

langsky

Registered
I really appreciate the input. Have you ever worked with the Gorina Granito Basalt worsted cloth? From reading on here it is very similar to Simonis in speed and cloth makeup, but it is quite a bit cheaper. This whole thing is going to cost me a lot because the original dealer has only offered to send their installer back and I don't want them to touch the table.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It seems to me that cloth is probably the last thing you want to try to save $$$ on. You should get at least 4 years out of Simonis and most of the time people need to hire someone to install it. When you look at what your total savings over the life of the product would be if you buy cost effective cloth you really do not save that much. I have never heard anyone say they were disappointed with Simonis cloth and that they should have bought something cheaper. :)