Forum name.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because I am Trent from Toledo ! :)

I've been trying to crack your code...it finally makes sense :wink:

My name is Jarrod, hence the J...and I am a Cadillac owner and loyalist.

Ain't your grandpa's Caddy, my 2017 ATS-V: 464-hp , 445 lb-ft , 0-60mph ~3.8 sec

iY3Tk1ll.jpg

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Actually i do. What the hell does it mean? You collect cheap lighters and pens and your name starts with D?? ;)

Lol I’ve also been curious about Bic D. I see him in the live streams sometimes. I wonder if Wombra is here anywhere? I’m the Chef of course.

Blackballed I thought was a young Hispanic gentleman for a while, because of his avatar when I first came around

Island drive was left a plot of land by his father is what I gathered from that, in case you weren’t messing around czar

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually i do. What the hell does it mean? You collect cheap lighters and pens and your name starts with D?? ;)

haha, No, my wife and I went to a Thai restaurant one time and when I walked in this Thai older guy with a high pitched voice screamed out at me

"Hey, Bic Daddy in the house y'all"

The name stuck for some reason

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol I’ve also been curious about Bic D. I see him in the live streams sometimes. I wonder if Wombra is here anywhere? I’m the Chef of course.

Blackballed I thought was a young Hispanic gentleman for a while, because of his avatar when I first came around

Island drive was left a plot of land by his father is what I gathered from that, in case you weren’t messing around czar
I kinda thought that but the way it sounded when i first read it i thought his dad just left him in the Bahamas. Either way would have been good with me. ;)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I was completely new to pool, and new to forums. Its my own estimation of my ability. My estimation hasn't changed much in the 11 or 12 years since I created the user name.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine-o-nine...The B-17 that recently crashed near Hartford. I helped n the restoration of that plane several years ago, knew the crew too...very sad,. Mirtch

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
As kids growing up, me and my buddies running around the neighborhood would occasionally cause a little trouble...nothing too serious, (broken window playing ball, accidentally ripping off a car bumper while skitching in the winter, firework nonsense, etc...).

When something like that would happen, and if we got sequestered by our parents about it, we all had a pre-planned story/person to throw the blame on.

Johnny Kobachi. He was a fictitious kid that would sometimes hang with us that “lived in the suburbs and didn’t go to our school, and we don’t know where he lives”.

Poor Johnny Kobachi got blamed for a lot of crap back then.
Later in life I adopted this name for other things, such as this site for starters.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
My first real job was in the electrical union. Local 26 in our nations excellent capital. I worked with a guy name Big Al. He was about 6’5, walked with a slight limp and had some facial reconstruction scarring. He used to sell PCP and smoke it too. One day he drove his car straight into the brick wall of a school going 60+ A dead stop probably without a seatbelt.

He went religious after surviving that but was still a funny mofo and a bit crazy. He made up nicknames for everyone and mine happened to be Jazzy Jeff. And I was born in 87. I don’t like the name at all but I figured I’d give a shoutout to my old bub Big Al. Yes indeedy

Jeff....I got your avatar pic.
Assuming you like music...and don’t mind cats

6EE29F49-4D87-4147-A304-50FCE045633E.png

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I was playing a lot of straight pool (still love the game just don't play as much) and attending Indiana University when I joined AZ.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
business and domain name

ShootingArts was my business and domain name for years. I think my brother thought of it for a business we partnered in. I found the name to be far more adaptable than I would have thought originally. Pistols, rifles, photography, pool. We shoot a lot of things. My first choice of internet handles is Hu but sometimes the naming rules won't allow only two letters or Hu is already taken. In those cases I use ShootingArts as my handle and my signature is Hu. Doesn't make much sense on outdoor equipment or wood turning forums but as I have said for many years, the person behind the handle makes the handle, not the other way around.

I went to a good sized out of state event. Could have put my real name on a name tag and been completely undercover. Instead, I just snuck in and out without a name tag since I was shooting the event instead of shooting in the event. A good many surprised people when I told them I had been at the match!

Hu

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine-o-nine...The B-17 that recently crashed near Hartford. I helped n the restoration of that plane several years ago, knew the crew too...very sad,. Mirtch
Sorry for loss. WW2 aircraft are treasures and those that fix/restore/fly them are special folks. That was tragic.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Genius is an epithet attributed far too casually these days. My username is an homage to a gentleman fully deserving of such a title. Ernő Rubik of Hungary.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
In my younger days, I was one of those "hold my beer and watch this" kind of a guy. I did a lot of reckless and stupid things. I'm damn lucky I survived a lot of the things I did.

When I took my act to General Motors in '73 at the age of 19, I still hadn't outgrown most of my reckless behavior.

So, I had a work buddy that watched me do yet another stupid stunt and afterwards he said "Metz, you're a maniac". The nickname picked up steam throughout the Body Shop and pretty soon everyone that knew me called me that.

Later in life, when I started riding in a motorcycle club, Maniac was my handle.

After all the years that have passed, I still get called Maniac every once in a while by a past friend/acquaintance.

Maniac (or Tony, if you'd rather)