the jive description ain't no jive, cat-

Attachments

• mezz1.JPG
    mezz1.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 493

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Straight from Mezz cues FB page: " Mezz in Japanese means something that is loved, something that is treasured". Done. You're Welcome...........

BigFish23

Registered
Mmmm... Mezz.

I've been thinking of getting an EC7-WMP (wrapless purple heart grip on BEM) or an AXI-151/154. Reading bunch of posts about wavy vs. united, cored, etc. I'm sure either choice will be great. I play with either a Schon + Jacoby Ultra and Kikel with stock shafts, now.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Mmmm... Mezz.

I've been thinking of getting an EC7-WMP (wrapless purple heart grip on BEM) or an AXI-151/154. Reading bunch of posts about wavy vs. united, cored, etc. I'm sure either choice will be great. I play with either a Schon + Jacoby Ultra and Kikel with stock shafts, now.

Either choice you will be happy! Had an Axe and a sneaky with United but joints hit great.

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Straight from Mezz cues FB page: " Mezz in Japanese means something that is loved, something that is treasured". Done. You're Welcome...........

As a Japanese person, I can tell you it doesn't mean that, but it does make for a nice piece of translated marketing. The lettering scheme the name uses implies it's a borrowed word from another language, my best guess being part of or an offshoot of foreign word.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a Japanese person, I can tell you it doesn't mean that, but it does make for a nice piece of translated marketing. The lettering scheme the name uses implies it's a borrowed word from another language, my best guess being part of or an offshoot of foreign word.
Maybe its 'hood' slang Japanese. ;) I'm just going by what their FB page says.

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interestingly enough, the English page has more information about the company than the Japanese version. Perhaps we have more demand and curiosity for this sort of information.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mmmm... Mezz.

Get the Axi-151, and try with WX900 if you like 12mm tip...I have 3 Axi (151, 155, 156) and EC7-R1, EC7-K. All are so damn good! I also have a Schon LTD with Jacoby Ultra Super that kicks ass.

BigFish23

Registered
Get the Axi-151, and try with WX900 if you like 12mm tip...I have 3 Axi (151, 155, 156) and EC7-R1, EC7-K. All are so damn good! I also have a Schon LTD with Jacoby Ultra Super that kicks ass.

Thanks for the recommendation Cadillac.

I like the Jacoby Ultra, but the tip is too soft for me I think. Or maybe I just have to shave it down a bit, it's brand new. I still have been cue ball control with the 314 original that I use with the Schon. It has a triangle tip that's probably only 4-5mm tall.

I was leaning toward the EC7 so that I could try whatever shaft I get with the Schon. But the aesthetics are so much better on the AXI series. The AXI-151 reminds me of my old Schon R5 that I sold for some stupid reason. I miss that cue. I felt like I had the cue ball on a string with that one.

Do you feel any real difference between EC7 and AXI with the same series of shaft?

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was leaning toward the EC7 so that I could try whatever shaft I get with the Schon. But the aesthetics are so much better on the AXI series. The AXI-151 reminds me of my old Schon R5 that I sold for some stupid reason. I miss that cue. I felt like I had the cue ball on a string with that one.

Do you feel any real difference between EC7 and AXI with the same series of shaft?

This is the consistency of Mezz...they all play nearly identical (all have WX900s of different lengths). Like you, I prefer the AXI styling with white colored joint and black/white linen. I have 3 Wavy/flat and 3 United/piloted joints (the sixth cue is blue Power Break II)...all truly exquisite. My game don't change with ANY decent cue/tip though, but others might be more sensitive.

FYI, I have 2 Schons...and I can't even use their own stock shafts on both cues, they don't fit. Just wanted to throw that out there, as I'm not sure it's guaranteed that all United joints will work on 5/16x14 pins or not?

BigFish23

Registered
This is the consistency of Mezz...they all play nearly identical (all have WX900s of different lengths). Like you, I prefer the AXI styling with white colored joint and black/white linen. I have 3 Wavy/flat and 3 United/piloted joints (the sixth cue is blue Power Break II)...all truly exquisite. My game don't change with ANY decent cue/tip though, but others might be more sensitive.

FYI, I have 2 Schons...and I can't even use their own stock shafts on both cues, they don't fit. Just wanted to throw that out there, as I'm not sure it's guaranteed that all United joints will work on 5/16x14 pins or not?

Great, thanks for the response.

I had purchased a W700 from PoolDawg, and it fit fine on my Schon. I have two Schons, one with a full 5/16-14 pin and one with the speed joint (made around '93) where the top third is threadless. The W700 fit on both. I returned the W700 though as it was warped pretty good.

I don't think Schon shafts, or 314, or whatever, would fit on the united pin, but that's just from what I've read here.