Charmaine mendoza ebsupp took my money on this forum

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi all members,

Need to post to let everyone know that this person, I believe it's a SHE, and lives in the Philippines, have taken $725 from me.

I'm posting this not only to warn other members not to make any transactions with her, but also this is a calling to whoever may know this person and has an address or phone number to post it here, so I can get in touch with her.

I made payment to her Paypal account: chamendoza88@hotmail.com on June 5th, 2020
It's not the best of times for me to spend money on cues, but she advertised a Barnart cue that I really wanted

She specifically requested for the payment to be sent Friends and Family.

After I confirmed with member levarr that ebsupp was trustworthy (he messaged me that he had bought a cue from her), I went ahead and sent payment.

Weeks went by and I did not worry too much because of the Covid situation delaying shipments all over the world.

But when I asked for tracking information, she sent tracking from a package that never left, and then after a few days, there was nothing to track.

Recently, well, about a month ago, she email me that if by July 15th I did not receive the cue, she would issue me a full refund.

Today is August 9th and she doesn't even reply to my emails at all.

I must say that we both emailed back and forth for awhile until recently

I emailed her at: vurrcryp2@gmail.com where she has replied several times, and recently as she ignored me, I emailed her also at: chamendoza88@hotmail.com (wich is the email associated to her Paypal)

Has anyone dealt with this person/member at all?
Can anyone contact or provide contact information?
Does any members from the Philippines know her personally?

Thank you much, it's a bit of a frustrating situation

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi all members,

Need to post to let everyone know that this person, I believe it's a SHE, and lives in the Philippines, have taken $725 from me.

I'm posting this not only to warn other members not to make any transactions with her, but also this is a calling to whoever may know this person and has an address or phone number to post it here, so I can get in touch with her.

I made payment to her Paypal account: chamendoza88@hotmail.com on June 5th, 2020
It's not the best of times for me to spend money on cues, but she advertised a Barnart cue that I really wanted

After I confirmed with member levarr that ebsupp was trustworthy (he messaged me that he had bought a cue from her), I went ahead and sent payment.

Weeks went by and I did not worry too much because of the Covid situation delaying shipments all over the world.

But when I asked for tracking information, she sent tracking from a package that never left, and then after a few days, there was nothing to track.

Recently, well, about a month ago, she email me that if by July 15th I did not receive the cue, she would issue me a full refund.

I emailed her at: vurrcryp2@gmail.com where she has replied several times, and recently as she ignored me, I emailed her also at: chamendoza88@hotmail.com (wich is the email associated to her Paypal)

'Family and Friends' is the first clue not to make the purchase. That's how they got me with the phony puppy for sale Ad on FB. You've got no recourse now with paypal.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
next email should be you are going to the police in the town she is in if the money isnt immediately replaced.
maybe you wil learn your lesson as jay did.

plus buying anything from someone in a foreign country and paying in advance without any recourse isnt too smart..

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Hi all members,

Need to post to let everyone know that this person, supposedly Charmaine Mendoza I believe it's a SHE, and lives in the Philippines, have taken $725 from me.

Yes, there was a huge thread about this scammer. They keep making new names. Offering deals that are too good to be true. I bought a Tad and paid good+services. They refunded immediately and moved on.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
next email should be you are going to the police in the town she is in if the money isnt immediately replaced.
Well, maybe, but... the OP said he was not sure which country he/she/it lived in. If it's the Philippines as Marc suspects, what is the best way forward?

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I searched AZB but a connection to "barnhart" in 2020, levarr, or ebsubb did not come up. Where is the "on this forum"?

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
She was asking for $700 I offered $725 to guarantee I get the cue.

How do you guys explain the back and forth emails?

I believe I have been emailing with a real person

yes, I understand what I had to have done, I made way more than the 111 transactions my Itrader shows and I think Ive done pretty well covering myself for the worst, just did not see this one coming

anyway, can anyone provide information related to this member and the one that advice me to buy with confidence?

Why are these 2 members registered members then?
They shouldn't even be allowed to be in this forum!

Anyone from the Philippines know this person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Never undersetimate or try to out think a con man.

Do husiness your way and only your way and walk away from anyone who objects to doing it your way.

It is your money and you should decide when and how you part with it.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
BTW, not that anyone here needs, wants, or should want, to know, the above rule “Do husiness your way and only your way and walk away from anyone who objects to doing it your way” especially protects against the vilest con men of all -- Narcs.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... anyway, can anyone provide information related to this member and the one that advice me to buy with confidence?

Why are these 2 members registered members then?
They shouldn't even be allowed to be in this forum! ...
I assume that means you did not personally know the member you contacted who said that Charmaine was legit. It is fairly easy to get accounts here. Just get three or four and give yourselves lots of positive itrader feedback. Then get someone to use Friends & Family to pay for a cue that never existed.

You need to report this to the moderators.

But your long post left several things out.

You seem to say that you made the deal due to a thread in the ForSale forum. Which thread?

What is the name of the member? Is it marchmendoza?

Did you mean a "Barnhart" cue?

The user "ebsupp" has 7 posts and one itrader feedback in which marchmendoza gave ebsupp glowing feedback. Also "ebsupp" has given one feedback in which he/she/it trashed ThinSlice. This seems to me like a very thin presence. Did that strike you as odd?

Maybe the lesson that you shouldn't cheat PayPal out of its 3% commission is cheap at only $725.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wasnt trying to cheat Paypal out of the fee, I even paid more for the cue than the advertised price!

The seller said it had to be Friends and Family payment

ebsupp is the member I bought from

the thread I cannot find

it was for a wrapless tulipwood Barnhart cue

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
That's terrrible. Marc bought several thousand dollars of Revo shafts from me sight unseen on Facebook and not knowing me at all, so I know he's a good buyer and does move a lot of cues and so forth. I did and do insist on buyer protection and a confirmed address to protect me. Hate to see this happen especially through AZ.

Marc I would contact Mike Howerton to see if her account was deleted and why.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Maybe the lesson that you shouldn't cheat PayPal out of its 3% commission is cheap at only $725.

Well technically it comes out of the seller's money, but it does protect both. But you're right that's a red flag when the seller insists on it.

Last edited:

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
The extra $25 he paid would have covered the extra expense of not using friends and family. Right?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... The seller said it had to be Friends and Family payment

ebsupp is the member I bought from

the thread I cannot find
Is this the thread? They seem to have erased the offer. Personally, I think it would be better if sellers could not delete or edit the original post. Maybe add to it would be OK.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=513117

You should always assume that any seller who demands F&F is a liar and a thief.

The only Itrader feedback for ebsupp was from marchmendoza who has never made a post. Was it marchmendoza that said ebsupp was OK?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Is this the thread? They seem to have erased the offer. Personally, I think it would be better if sellers could not delete or edit the original post. Maybe add to it would be OK.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=513117

You should always assume that any seller who demands F&F is a liar and a thief.

The only Itrader feedback for ebsupp was from marchmendoza who has never made a post. Was it marchmendoza that said ebsupp was OK?

I just red bombed them.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
any purchase over just a couple bucks i am going to have a conversation over the phone with the person. then i can dox their number and find out who they are.
plus i can ask questions to give me a clue to their motives.
no phone number, no deal.

now everyone want to email conversations.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We warned everyone about this seller. When warned I got a bad red tick from ebsupp. Been making the rounds here and I suspect on Facebook and eBay. If it’s too good to be true it probably is.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
this was the post yes

the person I paid through Paypal was Charmaine Mendoza

the member who told me it was safe was levarr