Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Cyclop Hyperion Pool Balls
Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-08-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
I have heard Cyclop cannot duplicate the measles ball as the all dot design is proprietary to Aramith. As for the depth of the rectangles and circles, I kinda like it. It's different and you really do not notice it when you are playing. We shall see what the final verdict is from the players at Derby City this year.
Likely the same as each time a change is made: some like it and some dont.

In 2003, nobody liked the measles ball. Now, they yearn for it.

Whaddya gonna do?

Old
  (#47)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-08-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I'm not sure what the purpose is for the three giant number balls (eight, nine and ten) and the cue ball with dots and squares is a little confusing as well. I hope they play better than they look. There's probably a dozen people on here who could create a more aesthetic design for pool balls that is pleasing to the eye.
I think it was made to have onlookers react as in "hey look at what that guy is playing with". Would be a hit to those that like sparkly paint on their cars and 22" chrome spinny wheels.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#48)
skip100
AzB Silver Member
skip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-08-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
I think it was made to have onlookers react as in "hey look at what that guy is playing with". Would be a hit to those that like sparkly paint on their cars and 22" chrome spinny wheels.
If the case and cue markets are any indication, pool people do in fact love gaudy gear.

Old
  (#49)
jacob
AzB Silver Member
jacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond reputejacob has a reputation beyond repute

11-08-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I have heard Cyclop cannot duplicate the measles ball as the all dot design is proprietary to Aramith. As for the depth of the rectangles and circles, I kinda like it. It's different and you really do not notice it when you are playing. We shall see what the final verdict is from the players at Derby City this year.

So the Derby City Classic flyer says the event is using Cyclop TV cue balls. When I purchased a single red dot Cyclop cueball a couple years ago it was called a TV cueball. I would like to know for sure what cueball will be used in the Derby? Cyclop's version of a measles ball, or the single red dot ball?

Old
  (#50)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-08-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
So the Derby City Classic flyer says the event is using Cyclop TV cue balls. When I purchased a single red dot Cyclop cueball a couple years ago it was called a TV cueball. I would like to know for sure what cueball will be used in the Derby? Cyclop's version of a measles ball, or the single red dot ball?
Then call the event hosts.

Share developments with us.

Old
  (#51)
mattb
AzB Silver Member
mattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond repute

11-08-2018, 04:36 PM

We have new sets of these balls at the club I play at. I was told by Greg that all tables at DCC will have the Hyperion TV colored balls with their version of the measles ball.

They seem to play good and consistent so far. A little to adjust to just because of the color. I dont mind as I bought a set of regular and TV colors when Diamond first started using them.

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I was arrested and the judge said life in prison, or you can join an APA league. I wish now that I had taken the prison term.

Old
  (#52)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

11-10-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
have u rolled them on your little rampy thing?
I roll tested the Hyperion Cue Ball, Single Dot Cyclop Cue Ball and the Aramith Measle Ball.

Rolling from the end rail to the foot rail, the Single Dot Cyclop Cue Ball rebounded off the foot rail the farthest with the Hyperion Cue Ball rebounding the second farthest and the Measle Ball a very close third.

Test Tool

Results:

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#53)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I roll tested the Hyperion Cue Ball, Single Dot Cyclop Cue Ball and the Aramith Measle Ball.

Rolling from the end rail to the foot rail, the Single Dot Cyclop Cue Ball rebounded off the foot rail the farthest with the Hyperion Cue Ball rebounding the second farthest and the Measle Ball a very close third.

Test Tool

Results:

Nice test.

Just wondering about the condition of the balls, specifically if like one of them was fresh from the factory as opposed to a ball that had a few miles on it.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#54)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Nice test.

Just wondering about the condition of the balls, specifically if like one of them was fresh from the factory as opposed to a ball that had a few miles on it.

Lou Figueroa
Both Cyclop balls are new with very little play on them. The Aramith ball is fairly new with some play on it; nothing significant. All three went for a cycle in my ball polisher prior to the test.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#55)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2018, 10:13 AM

Not only are they strange looking but in all my years around this game(approx. 42yrs) i've never heard of balls "breaking/chipping" besides Cyclop. I'm talking about during play and not thru abuse. I'm a Centennial/Aramith guy and always will be. BTW, i'm NOT a fan of either company's T.V. color sets.

Old
  (#56)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2018, 10:19 AM

Those cue balls appear to be different sizes.

Does seyberts sell that 'rampy thing'?

Old
  (#57)
gregcantrall
Center Ball
gregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
How many times with each ball?

Old
  (#58)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

11-10-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket View Post
Those cue balls appear to be different sizes.

Does seyberts sell that 'rampy thing'?
LMAO!!!

I'm pretty sure I got it from Classic Billiards.

Old
  (#59)
Baxter
Out To Win
Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

11-10-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolplaya9 View Post
Why they think that thick clear coating on the cue balls is a good idea is beyond me. It has been like that on all of their cue balls that I can recall and it is beyond distracting. I know it doesn't bother some people as much or at all, but I don't know of a single person that actually prefers it so it just makes no sense to do when so many dislike it to varying degrees.
My understanding is that the coating on the cue ball is required for the Diamond Smart Tables to read the cue ball and drop it into the cue ball return. That's why they work with red circle cue balls and not measle cue balls.

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde

Old
  (#60)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

11-10-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcantrall View Post
How many times with each ball?
Four times; same results.

Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: