Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page who would you use to sell your cues ??
Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-07-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccues View Post
As someone in the midst of selling a HUGE collection. It is an undertaking for anyone. You cannot price it "fairly" because even when you do, its not fair enough and you're going to see the meaning of the word low ball. You will never here the words "I'll take it" at any price you list. If you list your Searing for $900, you'll get offered 6, this you can take to the bank.

I'll go $1000 on it, let me know

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod here engages in bad business!

Old
  (#47)
asiasdad
Is the dollar your God ?
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

11-07-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_4fun View Post
It isn't hard to sell them yourself, unless you are just looking to give away money to some resellers. I would rather price them right or slightly below market and pass along a good deal.

If you price them fairly, they move pretty quickly.

What I see too often is overpriced cues and folks complaining that the market is terrible.

(Cues, houses, cars, guns, etc.) If priced fairly, they will move pretty quickly.

JMO,

Ken

+++ what Ken said

also if you're liquidating, don't take trades
or the liquidation process will take much longer.

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant - Maximilien Robespierre

Old
  (#48)
ThinSlice
Banned
ThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
Hi and welcome to Azb. Deanoc is so cool he is frozen.

He might be polar ice but he still doesn’t post pics.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#49)
cuesblues
cue accumulator
cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

11-07-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Without someone actually holding a cue how do you relate its balance? "Well its a tad butt-heavy?" Doesn't knowing the BP give you an idea if its front or back heavy? Why is it a "cop out" question? BTW, i rarely buy cues without holding them first just for this reason. I don't see how asking it makes a buyer any less viable. Buying a cue without seeing, imo, is insane. I don't give a rat's-a^* who the seller is.
It should be a legitimate question but it isn't.
I've sold hundreds of cues, online and locally, and friends have sold dozens of cues for me locally.
Nobody who has ever bought a cue from me has asked the question, and nobody
who has ever asked the question has bought a cue.
When the question comes up the balance of the cue could be perfect in every way,
but it never seems to matter, and I have never seen anybody measure the balance point before they buy a cue.
Some cues that happen to be a little butt heavy play really good, and I get guys
messaging me for months after getting one of my cues telling me how much they like the cue and how it has changed there game.

From the specifications it's going to tell you if the cue is butt heavy, but a number that is a coefficient to nothing will not.
I can't imagine an inch or less one way or the other being a deal killer, and with serious buyers it isn't and never has been.
Players with big strokes looking for front weighted cues typically don't buy cues on
the secondary market unless they know that particular cuemaker and how he does things.
Some of these LD shaft companies are making them lighter and lighter, what does that do to the balance point.
I love selling cues and it takes a lot to get me to stop responding to someone.
In fact, nobody has ever responded when I have answered the balance point
question, so obviously it was just another question these bully types ask to see how far they can push.
I have a lot of experience with it, and the only thing that has changed is I know when it's coming.

player.....Josswest, Schon, Schick, Horn, Block Letter Joss
player.....Tascarella, Murray Tucker, Dave Jones Jim Buss
player.....Kersenbrock, Judd Fuller, Steve Klein, Sugar Tree
player.....Joey Bautista, Paul Drexler, Ernie Martinez
player.....Tad's, Michael Morgan, Herman Rambow
player.....David Kikel, Troy Downey, Willie Hoppe Pro
breaker...Hillbily Smacker
jumper....see breaker
shooter...Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter......Spyderco-Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#50)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

11-08-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesblues View Post
After my unofficial retirement in 2012, I spent the next 4 years selling all but 6 of my
150+ cue collection, along wih dozens of cases I no longer needed, and I had zero
issues or problems doing it.
As I went along I bought, ordered, and traded for cues, and have an accumulation of
different cues and will be doing it all over again.

Last year was my first year on Facebook and I've had over 400 of the lamest trade
offers you could imagine.
I've also encountered more than my share of bullying, flakes, and lowballers, but I'm
ready to do it all over again.
My local market has actually become healthier so that will be fun to get more involved in.

My biggest problem is picking one cue to play with because I'm at the point where it is affecting my game.

Good luck, you can do it yourself
Thanks for the nice JW cues you sold to me. I love Billy's cues! Some of the best playing cues ever made. My collection is rather small compared to yours, but somehow I've accumulated around fifty cues. Most of them are not "expensive" cues in the thousands of dollars, but are cues that I like for their playability. The majority of my cues would be in the 500-1,000 price range, but I do have several Gina's, Tad's and JW's that are more valuable. Like you, for every cue I sell I seem to acquire two more.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#51)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

11-08-2018, 06:42 AM

Can you send pictures and prices of the Scruggs cues to me?

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#52)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

11-08-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Thanks for the nice JW cues you sold to me. I love Billy's cues! Some of the best playing cues ever made. My collection is rather small compared to yours, but somehow I've accumulated around fifty cues. Most of them are not "expensive" cues in the thousands of dollars, but are cues that I like for their playability. The majority of my cues would be in the 500-1,000 price range, but I do have several Gina's, Tad's and JW's that are more valuable. Like you, for every cue I sell I seem to acquire two more.

I can't seem to keep more than 4 or 5 at a time because I keep giving mine away. Because I'm stupid like that.

Player: Tad Titleist 19.5 oz.
Player: 1973 Meucci model QB-12 18.5 oz.
Player: 2017 Custom Meucci 18.5 oz
Player: 2016 Joss model 10-08 18.5 oz
Case: 1980 Fellini 1x2 black
Case: 2018 Katana 2x4 black

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#53)
9ball5032
AzB Silver Member
9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2018, 12:38 AM

Sotheby's

Old
  (#54)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ball5032 View Post
Sotheby's
I'll talk anyone out of using Sotheby's.....for anything. I'll be glad to tell my experience with a rare Japanese sword.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee
Honorary member TCC
I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 11-09-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Dean is a real Gem
Old
  (#55)
Shooter08
Runde Aficianado
Shooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

Dean is a real Gem - 11-09-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinSlice View Post

Got a cue from dean yesterday. As promised very happy. Dean is a classic. Shooter08

Old
  (#56)
jimmyco
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
I'll talk anyone out of using Sotheby's.....for anything. I'll be glad to tell my experience with a rare Japanese sword.
Please share.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue

Old
  (#57)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-10-2018, 03:04 PM

One option is pm or email a description and picture of all the cues and an asking price for the lot. Maybe one dealer will take them all to flip and cut down on all your hassle. Shoot me the above information if you have it.

Old
  (#58)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinSlice View Post

I would never buy anything sight unseen...however Deanoc has great reputation for how he does things. As for buying from him without seeing could be fun and interesting...and if I wanted something I would buy from him.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee
Honorary member TCC
I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#59)
justinb386
Banned
justinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond repute

11-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
i have a bunch of cues i want to sell
all from respected cuemakers,,scruggs /gilbert/webb/ eddie cohen/tad /josswest/gina/bobby hunter/searing
most 4 point 4 veneer
some with modest inlays
some ivory joints and /or inlays
ie no szambotis or bushkas
who do you think has the best turnover of cues and gives the buyer the best prices ??
pms ok
If you have a good idea about the current market value on your cues, and you have a good quality weight scale, digital caliper, and a decent quality digital camera, then you could sell the cues yourself.

Billiard Bill's is a very nice, and honest seller though, that would probably do a great job at selling your cues for you, at a fair price to the buyers out there.

https://www.billiardbills.com/

Old
  (#60)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-12-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinb386 View Post
If you have a good idea about the current market value on your cues, and you have a good quality weight scale, digital caliper, and a decent quality digital camera, then you could sell the cues yourself.

Billiard Bill's is a very nice, and honest seller though, that would probably do a great job at selling your cues for you, at a fair price to the buyers out there.

https://www.billiardbills.com/
Justin, welcome back.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

https://www.facebook.com/skriptik/?ref=page_internal POOL PENS

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: