Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page how are ya'll doing in league ?
Page 2 of 254 12 341252102 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-18-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadub View Post
Both my 8-ball and 9-ball teams are having mediocre sessions, tho the 9-ball team is within striking distance of the playoffs, if a whole lot goes right.

I'm at about 60% in 9-ball, and only about 40% in 8-ball...lost last week in a match I had clearly in hand, and let slip away. Very frustrating. Mental errors, more on that later.

Still SL5 in both, also frustrating, but understandable. Captaining one team and co-captaining the other, so I don't play on the practice table much on league nights. And I haven't been getting other nights to practice consistently. Christmas is almost over, so work should get a little more calm, perhaps I'll get back to regular practice nights in the new year. I'll have a few days where I'm thinking "a-ha, this is progress..." and then the next night I'll regress. I have to eliminate the steps backward, and remain more consistent.

I must admit, my 8-ball team has been bringing me down a bit the last two sessions. Some personality conflicts. It's got to the point this session where I really wasn't enjoying myself. I work as a manager 6 days a week in my job, I don't want to have to "manage" people when I'm playing pool. A few of us are trying to work out forming a new team with the core from the old team, adding a few different players that we've played with before. As is often the case with APA, we need to work out adding another lower level player for balance, but I think we're almost ready to pull the trigger. I hate to do this, but I'm not interested in going through another session like this current one.
we have about the same win percentage dub, keep it up.

i sympathize with you dub about the having to manage people, i get frustrated with it sometimes myself.

the 1st session i played in i told them i was leaving that team.... too much drama. a couple people left with me and we formed another team. it went ok for a couple years but i told them i wanted a more competitive team so they made me captain. i got a couple new players and 3 sessions later we made vegas.

since vegas i still have problems keeping people...damn. another problem i have is a low level player that is really hurting us with his really poor level of playing . he is a really nice old man but he is just one of those people who will never get better than he is. i casually mentioned to my co-captain and my gf that i thought about dropping him and they both said .. NO WAY !!. yet they both say he is not a very good player ... so whaddya do ?

my tue night team is my most laid back team. the captain made me co-captain but i don't do any co-captaining unless she aint there. no responsiblities, my gf don't play on that team, no league fee to pay on that night. no scorekeeping unless the captain ain't there which hardly ever happens. i just show up and play. only drawback is we do play in some dive bars but hey i guess you can't expect perfection in apa can you.

Old
  (#17)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

12-18-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsock View Post
APA season just ended for 8 and 9 ball teams. Planned on dropping 8 ball and picking up a bca 9 ball. On the way out of the pool room got hit up to join an 8ball team on a different day. I like the people so said I would. So 1 8ball, 1 9ball team next season and plan on joining an inhouse 14.1 league that I am way out classed in, but should help my game. I also shoot in a Sr. tourny every Wed. Guess the pool bug has bite me on the butt again after so many years away.
watch out for that pool bug . he bit me bad when i got back into pool and joined league play. i wound up playing 5 nights a week and just now cut it down to a more manageable 3 times a week.

Old
  (#18)
scratchs
AzB Silver Member
scratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 12:37 AM

giggle...still shooting between 48-50 %..still a 5/5.

Not sure if I'm still on the team..I was just filling in.
Their set for Regionals this spring/summer in 9-ball.
Thats if they can keep the team together..numbers
are really tight..they need a 2/3 badly.

happy holidays.

Old
  (#19)
leto1776
AzB Silver Member
leto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-19-2013, 12:39 AM

APA 3 in 8-ball. Played 10 matches this sessions, won half of them. Probably most disappointed about last weeks. Lost 2-1 to another 3 who I had killed for two hours straight just two nights before playing casually.

It's my third session.playoffs start next week. About 50% lifetime win average. Goals for next session are to break into the top 5 in my tier, win 60% or more of my matches! and to start playing more higher level players! which my captain has said he will if I want.

I think I've reached a plateau currently, and wanna start playing above my level,to see if it helps me.

Also play a Thursday night league, usually play one single and one doubles game per night. Doing well in singles, not so well in the doubles. Just joined this team and league this year, the team is made up of young,inexperienced guys. At 29, I'm one of the older guys who's there every week.

Looking into playing APA 9-ball next session,and I'll continue running my monthly tournaments.

Chuck Stephenson
Joss fan

Those who can, do. Those who can't "teach," or claime to be "the teacher"

Old
  (#20)
Krisha
AzB Bronze Member
Krisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond reputeKrisha has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 12:58 AM

I recently got into a new league of all B players, i shot quite good and am in 1ste place after 13 matches only losing 4 points, so i am satisfied for the moment, got a 6 point lead over number two but what i concern the most about is that i lost those 4 points to players i should have won easily from, and again the top players i lost nothing.
guess its a matter of focus but it really bothers me !
just ordered up a new cue so i'm only shooting with a house cue for the moment, after i will receive my cue ( bob danielson ) i hope to practice a lot more and get more consistent, and take the 1st prize home , so i'm doing good, am satisfied but after new year when i'm ready to go with my own cue i'm hoping to get on the next level !

Old
  (#21)
Luxury
AzB Silver Member
Luxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond reputeLuxury has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300
  Send a message via Yahoo to Luxury  
12-19-2013, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorider View Post
i played bcapl years ago when it was available here and enjoyed it .as i stated i just dropped my wed night bcapl points based money league. i started the team and was captain of it... my co-captain is still trying to talk me into playing next session. he went as far as keeping my name on the roster he just turned in for next session.

i love playing pool but am getting up in years and it was just wearing me out playing so much. we finished in 3rd place this session so i feel pretty good about that.

let me ask you a question if you don't mind.... in your league do you give up points each match considering you are loaded with all 9's?

btw... congrats on the 1st place finish.

We always give up around 8-12 points per round unless we are playing our rivals who have all 9s and an 8. The two teams that are stacked always come in first or second out of around 14 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#22)
randyg
www.randygpool.com
randyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 07:06 AM

I like League play.

Mon....TAP
Tue....VNEA
Wed....American Rotation
Thu....BCAPL

randyg

Original P.B.I.A Master Instructor
Proud Member of the SPF Family
Co-author of World/BCA Rules
Co-author of Texas Express Rules
Originator of Scotch Doubles

Old
  (#23)
JBB2388
Banger Extraordinaire
JBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond reputeJBB2388 has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 07:18 AM

I play in an APA 8-Ball open league. No BCA league closeby unfortunately. We just finished up the fall session Tuesday by clinching first place for the second session in a row. Also my second session playing in APA. SL6. Went 11-3 this session but got to the hill in all three losses. I was ranked 5th in top gun going into this week. Wish I could play more but too much going on. Its fun. I enjoy playing. I enjoy the competition. I enjoy the night out with my buddies.

John

Player: Joss Model 94-05
Breaker: Joss Thor Hammer

"The only thing that I know that's harder than pool, is dyin!" - Earl Strickland

Old
  (#24)
Gio Sr.
AzB Gold Member
Gio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond reputeGio Sr. has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 07:36 AM

Played my first season in an APA 8 ball league this fall. I started by loosing my first 2 matches. Then I won 7 straight with a couple of shut outs. Then I was bumped to a 4. I tried playing the last 2 matches with flu symptoms against 3s and lost both . To make it worse I won the first 2 games of both matches, and could not close the deal Now I'm at 7 wins - 4 loses.

A black and white guy living in a grey world.

Player- Mezz EC7, Hybrid Pro 2 shaft,. Ultraskin HH

Break cue- Mezz Kai

JB Case.

Old
  (#25)
CSykes24
www.coreysykes.com
CSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond reputeCSykes24 has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 08:13 AM

15-0 so far (8-ball) -- first time ever playing APA.

Old
  (#26)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 08:16 AM

APA 8-ball / 7 Wins - 2 Losses

Out of 9 matches I only had to play on a Valley once (All Diamonds around here)

2pack Dave - World Class "C Player"
My man crush Monday is Matt Spina

Old
  (#27)
RunOut Apps
AzB Silver Member
RunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 08:18 AM

Really enjoying league now that score sheets have gone away.

Old
  (#28)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
12-19-2013, 08:43 AM

Been playing APA 9b with friends for several seasons.
Our team just got knocked out in semi's... the players who usually win, lost. The ones who usually lose, won.
It's a good time and we're all buddies, and we often hover around the top 3 spots, but when
the pressure's on we fold like an origami corgi.

I'm doing ok personally, for the first few seasons I was 100% as a 7, got some MVP patches.
But I got cocky. They raised me to a 9 and not long after I had my first loss in a long time.
Then a few more and I was starting to wonder if I just lost my drive.
I don't think it was the handicap, I think I just got complacent.

But since then I've won a couple more but I've managed to stabilize at just over 80%. Someone else will get MVP
and I'm fine with that, he's a friend who's in the same boat I was before... he's winning 90% but he's underranked.
Sometimes it takes a while for the system to adjust.

I don't get to play much because the numbers rarely work, but I always enjoy the night out.
Try to watch every match and I always stay til the end, I enjoy trying to help with timeouts
and I don't even mind scoring anymore.

Last edited by CreeDo; 12-19-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Old
  (#29)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo View Post
Sometimes it takes a while for the system to adjust.
That's what I figured out my first session. It took an entire session for me to bump to an SL5 from an SL3 at the start. The first match I had ever played in, I played an SL4 with myself being defaulted to an SL4. He won 3-2, it was basically runout 8-ball and I sold out on a difficult safety. It was a fun match for sure.

Now he's an SL6 (I believe) and I'll be playing on the team he plays for, next session.

2pack Dave - World Class "C Player"
My man crush Monday is Matt Spina

Old
  (#30)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunOut Apps View Post

Really enjoying league now that score sheets have gone away.

That is really cool!

Only two things wrong with TAP League scoring.

When someone scratches on a shot and incoming player has ball in hand.

a. Maybe that first ball made with ball in hand should be counted as a dead ball.
b. Maybe when you make a ball and scratch, maybe that should also be a dead ball. It maybe a complete, but it is a screw up. I know all the numbers need to add up but scratches and ball in hand shots should be counted some other way.

And break and runs should count more toward figuring someone's handicap.

If you can break and run over 20 racks in a year, you really shouldn't be a 5.

Page 2 of 254 12 341252102 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: