Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page how are ya'll doing in league ?
Page 3 of 254 123 451353103 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
Banks
Banned
Banks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond reputeBanks has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

12-19-2013, 12:00 PM

Didn't play that well, but squeaked by in my 9 8b matches(think I locked up top gun and mvp). It was really driven home the last few months that my 9b game sucks in comparison, got a win on our last night to make myself 3 of 6. On my masters team, my (lack of) 9b game was glaringly obvious, but managed 6 of 11. Probably also doesn't help that I feel like a weak link on that team. The last week or so I feel like I've been shooting alright again.. we'll see.

Old
  (#32)
RunOut Apps
AzB Silver Member
RunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond reputeRunOut Apps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-19-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolguy4u View Post

That is really cool!

Only two things wrong with TAP League scoring.

When someone scratches on a shot and incoming player has ball in hand.

a. Maybe that first ball made with ball in hand should be counted as a dead ball.
b. Maybe when you make a ball and scratch, maybe that should also be a dead ball. It maybe a complete, but it is a screw up. I know all the numbers need to add up but scratches and ball in hand shots should be counted some other way.

And break and runs should count more toward figuring someone's handicap.

If you can break and run over 20 racks in a year, you really shouldn't be a 5.
Thank You!

Nothing is "wrong" with the TAP's Pool-net handicapping system, In fact it is the most precise league handicapping system available today.

Pool-net does not account for shape, draw, follow etc.

Having said that..
a. I have seen hundreds of ball in hand shots missed. Pool-net recognizes this.
b. When you call and complete a ball?..it is a completion, period. If you then scratch and the next shot is awarded to your opponent?...Pool-net recognizes this as well.
c. Running 20 racks a year is relative to how many total racks per year? You must first answer that question prior to passing judgment on any players skill level.

No system is perfect. However Pool-net's handicapping system paired with the ScoreKeeper App is now the most precise handicapping system now available in the industry.

If you want to compare systems that employ baseball analogies?...there is no comparison. Not even close. We are now seeing those players who have been frustrated for years switching over en mass across the country.

We are also seeing the TAP league ops adopt this new system every day as it greatly increases efficiency of running their leagues. It now takes them minutes to run all score sheets as opposed to hours and even days to complete the task to old way.

Please give it a shot, we think you will agree.

Last edited by RunOut Apps; 12-19-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Old
  (#33)
Cory in DC
AzB Silver Member
Cory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond repute

12-19-2013, 10:46 PM

Well, since you asked, in the finals of the APA Masters playoffs tonight, my first two players lost 7-6, 7-3. So I had to win 7-1 or better . . . and I did!

CUES:Schon, Webb
HOURS OF POOL: 10 in a good week

Old
  (#34)
Avathar
AzB Silver Member
Avathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond reputeAvathar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-20-2013, 12:48 AM

doing OK so far:

http://bvbw.billardarea.de/cms_leagues/playerlist/4365

(Player ranked No5 at present)

10-Ball was surprisingly successful, but straight pool did start rattling (last match I won with a reasonable performance) ...
9-Ball is not my Thing, so I seldom Play, 8-Ball is my favorite, but for the Team I let my Team mate have it, since he cannot Play 10 - Ball for his life ... (the game I lost was pure stupidity ... I missed 3 times easy 8s that day after running out difficult tables to this point each time )

My team is doing surprisingly well , but we lost the last two matches 2:6 with most games we lost being on the edge ....

"There are two things that are infinite; the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe" ...
Albert Einstein

"If you are riding a dead horse the best thing to do is dismount"... saying of the Dakota Indians

"A traveler from distant lands... they call me Avathar, that is "Shadow" in your tongue" ... the words that introduced my nick to the world of RPG

Old
  (#35)
victorl
Where'd my stroke go?
victorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 01:23 AM

I play JPA (Japanese branch of APA), but half my team went up in skill this session, so thanks to the 23-rule, I'm relegated to coaching duty and can only sit and watch the matches every week. All I can say is thank goodness they serve alcohol.

Anyway, we were going strong and then the wheels fell off near the end of the session and we finished out of the playoffs. But they held a wildcard draw to fill the last playoff spot in our division and I happened to draw the winning ticket, so I contributed after all. Wish us luck!

Old
  (#36)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 05:06 AM

I went back to playing BCA sanctioned team 8-ball. Played 3 seasons of straight pool which helped my stroke and my decision making (if you can't make a shot, then go for a safety). Took lessons, and put in alot of time practicing drills and working on my stroke at the poolhall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorider View Post
wow... what did you do to go from a 3 to a 5 after taking a 2 year hiatus?

thats an impressive win % you have going. hope you keep it up.

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#37)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 05:08 AM

Have you and your team won any patches? I'm curious what the JPA patches look like.

Gambatte next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorl View Post
I play JPA (Japanese branch of APA), but half my team went up in skill this session, so thanks to the 23-rule, I'm relegated to coaching duty and can only sit and watch the matches every week. All I can say is thank goodness they serve alcohol.

Anyway, we were going strong and then the wheels fell off near the end of the session and we finished out of the playoffs. But they held a wildcard draw to fill the last playoff spot in our division and I happened to draw the winning ticket, so I contributed after all. Wish us luck!

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#38)
oldplayer
AzB Silver Member
oldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 05:26 AM

play in the tap league and agree with a prior post that the handicap system is probably the best imho, however, due to the thanksgiving holiday I did not pick up a cue for almost 2 weeks so last night I got crushed....before the holiday I was shooting "lights out".....crushing my opponents, now I know how it feels.
I mean, WTH happened?

Old
  (#39)
victorl
Where'd my stroke go?
victorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 05:28 AM

I've got some patches but they all say APA on them. I think they're the same ones you guys get on the other side of the pond.

Old
  (#40)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
12-20-2013, 07:56 AM

Speaking of patches. I'm gonna be brutally honest.

I enjoy the APA and the patches are a nice way of recognizing accomplishments.
But I saw one guy last night who has like 40 of them all attached to a sort of giant keyring,
which is attached to his case. He won top point scorer, which comes with a little wall hanging,
except instead of the wall he hung it around his neck like a lobster bib. Another dude had patches
sewn all across the upper back of his electric blue rayon turtlenecked zipup shirt/jacket thing.

I'm sorry but holy cow that's goofy.

Old
  (#41)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 08:05 AM

Just finished up my straight pool (14.1) league...finished with a 12-1 record. In my APA 8-ball league, I started the session as a SL5...lost my first match...won the next 4 in low innings...moved up to a SL6...and have won my last 6 matches, beating all other SL6's in low innings for a 10-1 record. I guess it's possible for me to get moved up again with the way I've been shooting. Our last match before the playoffs is this Monday night. It would be my luck that I'll get moved up right before the playoffs.
Maybe I should try to lose Monday ................Nah!!!

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Case: 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#42)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo View Post

But I saw one guy last night who has like 40 of them all attached to a sort of giant keyring,
which is attached to his case. He won top point scorer, which comes with a little wall hanging,
except instead of the wall he hung it around his neck like a lobster bib. Another dude had patches
sewn all across the upper back of his electric blue rayon turtlenecked zipup shirt/jacket thing.

I am waiting for some kind of League Operator buy-back program where I can sell them back to the LO at a reduced price ($$ for me...saves$$ for them) so they can re-use them.

I was hoping for some kind of program where you could redeem them for a drink/food voucher. I could go for that.

Between my wife and I...we probably have 150 or so patches.

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Case: 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#43)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:

I met a guy, when I was attending at a University down here, in my English II class. He was about mid 50's, perfectly groomed beard, thick glasses, nice dress clothes, and a track jacket that looked like it was stolen from Marty McFly covered top to bottom in every APA patch! I couldn't help but laugh. He turned out to be a really nice guy, but a horrible player.

To each his own I guess!

Edit - Regarding the patches; I'm still owed a Break and Run and Rackless Night patch. I WANT A SWEET DENIM PATCH COVERED JACKET TOO!

2pack Dave - World Class "C Player"
My man crush Monday is Matt Spina

Last edited by DAVE_M; 12-20-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Old
  (#44)
krupa
The Dream Operator
krupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 09:09 AM

Regarding APA patches, I think they either should stop giving them out when you reach a certain level or make more relevant patches for higher skilled players: The 4-pack patch for 9-ball or example.

If you stay at a lower SL, they should stop sending them after a while out as well.

I got a couple on-the-snap patches for 9-ball and I thought "well, hit 'em hard enough and don't scratch and it's bound to happen..." I would have liked to have received my first break-and-run patch only because it was my first 9-ball break-and-run ever. Unbeknownst to me, in my area the first patch was free (to get you hooked) and then they jacked up the price (to $1.) So I never paid my dollar for my patch. I believe the new LO gives out patches for free.

Old
  (#45)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

12-20-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:

when i went to my 1st singles regional 2 years ago i saw a girl with 2 big ring attached to her case with both full of patches.... i thought it was goofy also.

there was a guy who used to post on here frequently a couple of years ago who said he had a jacket that was covered in patches also. it might be the guy you saw ... maybe ? he said he wore it to apa tournaments mostly to intimidate his opponents... lmao !

to maniac.... our lo had a program last session where if you earned a patch , in lieu of getting a patch you could fill out a coupon and enter it in a drawing. now get this ... the drawing is for a free trip to vegas for the singles nationals. i earned 5 patches last session so i filled out the coupons instead of getting patches.

speaking of earning a patch. let me tell you about my trip to vegas. my 1st match there i skunked another 5 by a score of 38-4. when i turned in the scoresheet after the match the lady said i see you have 2 9 on the snaps and said oh my ... you have a skunk also. she gives me 2 9 snap patches and i ask where is my skunk patch? she says we dont have skunk patches at the national level and mentions in the 5 years she has been handling scoresheets there she had never seen someone with a skunk before.

i said you mean to tell me after i been playing apa for 3 years and i earn my 1st ever skunk i dont get a patch for it ? and at the nationals no less ? i said damn ... and we both started laughing.

by the way .. i have 2 cigar boxes full of patches from the last 3 years and never paid a penny for them. if my lo ever started selling them like a few of you have stated he can keep them. matter of fact i would sell him some back lol.

Page 3 of 254 123 451353103 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: