Reload this Page REWARD + GoFundMe Acct. to catch Mike Surber's murderer
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
REWARD + GoFundMe Acct. to catch Mike Surber's murderer
Old
  (#1)
gulfportdoc
AzB Silver Member
gulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

REWARD + GoFundMe Acct. to catch Mike Surber's murderer - 12-07-2017, 05:05 PM

Mike Surber's brother, Steve, has put up a $10,000 reward for info leading to info & arrest of Mike's murderer.

We have also opened a "Go Fund Me" account for donations to add to the reward. We are hoping that folks who can spare a few bucks will sweeten the pot so as to re-kindle and sharpen interest in the apprehension of this suspect. The account is:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-find-m...4f1936b01f47b2

Steve also has put up a PayPal account for those who prefer that method of donation: paypal.me/pools/c/7ZRWK4xBkh

If the URLs don't link, please copy/paste it into your browser.

In addition the FBI "Seeking Information" page, which also includes a poster for download, is: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/michael-surber

There is also a Face Book page started by Ray Hansen called "Catch a Killer":
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514573228867676/

Please forward this information to your friends. Thank you!

Thanks to JAM and my wife for their involvement in this cause which is dear to us all.

~Doc

Last edited by gulfportdoc; 12-09-2017 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Corrected URLs

Old
  (#2)
gulfportdoc
AzB Silver Member
gulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond reputegulfportdoc has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2017, 09:05 AM

We've added a PayPal account, and have corrected the GFM URL. Thanks very much for your help.

~Doc

Old
  (#3)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
We've added a PayPal account, and have corrected the GFM URL. Thanks very much for your help.

~Doc
Doc, did they recover any prints from the crime scene? I just discovered that they are 92 other AFIS databases besides the FBI one. The prints need to be checked in ALL of them!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#4)
Johnson
AzB Silver Member
Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to Johnson  
12-09-2017, 10:58 AM

There was a popular tv show that ran from 2006 - 2008 called Jericho which would be a big coincidence from when this murder occurred and to the name that the suspect used. If there was a person of interest or an arrest they could ask friends or family members if they watched this show. To me it's just a very odd alias to use. This is a very sad story and I hope that justice is served.

Old
  (#5)
gulfportdoc
AzB Silver Member

12-09-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Doc, did they recover any prints from the crime scene? I just discovered that they are 92 other AFIS databases besides the FBI one. The prints need to be checked in ALL of them!
I'm not sure about prints, Jay. They do have DNA. And evidently they're running some more sophisticated tests at Quantico. There is a back log, however.

~Doc

Old
  (#6)
gulfportdoc
AzB Silver Member

12-09-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
There was a popular tv show that ran from 2006 - 2008 called Jericho which would be a big coincidence from when this murder occurred and to the name that the suspect used. If there was a person of interest or an arrest they could ask friends or family members if they watched this show. To me it's just a very odd alias to use. This is a very sad story and I hope that justice is served.
The suspect took as an alias the name Jericho Cooper from a credit card he stole. The real Cooper was a completely uninvolved victim.

~Doc

Old
  (#7)
gulfportdoc
AzB Silver Member

12-12-2017, 06:55 AM

Thank you very much, Mike, for making the Surber reward thread into a sticky! Hopefully renewed interest in this case will produce some results. Someone has seen this guy, someone knows him.

For those who would like to donate to this effort, the GoFundMe and PayPal accounts are listed.

We're praying that Mike's murderer will be brought to justice.

~Doc

Old
  (#8)
AnitoKid
And I kid you not!
AnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to AnitoKid  
12-13-2017, 09:40 PM

I just read this. So sorry to hear about Mike.
Hope the law enforcers catch the criminal soon.

AK

Quote:
Mike Surber's brother, Steve, has put up a $10,000 reward for info leading to info & arrest of Mike's murderer.

We have also opened a "Go Fund Me" account for donations to add to the reward. We are hoping that folks who can spare a few bucks will sweeten the pot so as to re-kindle and sharpen interest in the apprehension of this suspect. The account is:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-find-m...4f1936b01f47b2

Steve also has put up a PayPal account for those who prefer that method of donation: paypal.me/pools/c/7ZRWK4xBkh

If the URLs don't link, please copy/paste it into your browser.

In addition the FBI "Seeking Information" page, which also includes a poster for download, is: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/michael-surber

There is also a Face Book page started by Ray Hansen called "Catch a Killer":
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514573228867676/

Please forward this information to your friends. Thank you!

Thanks to JAM and my wife for their involvement in this cause which is dear to us all.

~Doc

Mabuhay from The Pool Capital of the World!
The AnitoKid on Billiards

www.facebook.com/theanitokid/

Mabuhay ang bilyar!
Mabuhay ang manlalarong bilyarista!
Kapatiran!

email: anitokid@gmail.com
Mobile: +63 929-799-9964

Old
  (#9)
gulfportdoc
AzB Silver Member

02-22-2018, 02:37 PM

We just heard from Mike's brother, Steve, who believes that the reward fund will possibly grow to over $25,000, when new expected income is added. Mike's cue collection is being sold, so that money will add to the fund. He's been in touch with the FBI, but so far, nothing concrete has come up. Nonetheless it's nice to know that Mike's case is still on the radar.

~Doc

Old
  (#10)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2018, 03:48 PM

Why is that, no matter what i click on, this post comes up? Is this some kind of spyware? If so, stop it.

Catch Mike Surber's murderer
Old
  (#11)
gulfportdoc
AzB Silver Member

Catch Mike Surber's murderer - 07-10-2018, 03:55 PM

Just got a phone call from Agent Burton from the FBI. He said that they had updated and improved Mike's page and poster on the "Seeking Information" portion of their website. The suspect's pics look a smidge better after the FBI's enhancement, but they had very poor quality images to work with. It's not like on TV. Still, anything is certainly welcomed. Folks can print out the poster and hand them out, or take them to their pool rooms.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/michael-surber

You never know, they might get this pos yet!

~Doc

Old
  (#12)
spliced
AzB Silver Member
spliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond reputespliced has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2018, 05:10 PM

Someone posted this today on a Facebook buy/sell/trade page in my area. A bit of a resemblance to Surberís killer, no?
Attached Images

Old
  (#13)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure about prints, Jay. They do have DNA. And evidently they're running some more sophisticated tests at Quantico. There is a back log, however.

~Doc
I wonder if they could do the "related" DNA type testing to find the perps family members like they have done in other important cases. I think the DNA is the way this guy will finally be caught!

Old
  (#14)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people

09-12-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spliced View Post
Someone posted this today on a Facebook buy/sell/trade page in my area. A bit of a resemblance to Surberís killer, no?
I'd like to see his DNA compared to that found at Mike's murder scene.

The resemblance is uncanny...
Old
  (#15)
ugotactionTX
I'm in dead rack!
ugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond reputeugotactionTX has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4600

The resemblance is uncanny... - 09-14-2018, 01:58 PM

especially when compared side by side. Note the pronounced lines around his nostril.
Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: