Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 2018 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread
Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-08-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersauce View Post
Very nice! Man your stroke is STRAIGHT. Sucks that the vid was cut short. That has happened to me as well...frustrating.

Poolmanis—that other 4-7 loss without a vid was against the pro ghost as well.

Man I thought I was going to beat that dang no BIH ghost today. I had four 4-7 loss sets today and I had chances every time. I just need the racks to spread right, a good look at the one, and to not do anything stupid, lol.
Sorry. I have not been able videos lately. I also have been busy lately with tournaments. I won Finnish Champs on Finnish Kaisa Billiards(scotch doubles) and have 14.1 ranking tournament tomorrow. So I have been studying 14.1 runs. Also trying to start new business. New woman also not helping

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
Do it like Efren: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrqhJixAmWY One cool rack after opponent safety..
8-ball trickshots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Fu...ature=youtu.be

Old
  (#32)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
Sorry. I have not been able videos lately. I also have been busy lately with tournaments. I won Finnish Champs on Finnish Kaisa Billiards(scotch doubles) and have 14.1 ranking tournament tomorrow. So I have been studying 14.1 runs. Also trying to start new business. New woman also not helping
Haha, no worries. Good luck in the 14.1 tournament!

Old
  (#33)
donuteric
always a newbie
donuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Very nice! Man your stroke is STRAIGHT. Sucks that the vid was cut short. That has happened to me as well...frustrating.
Thank you! Like many players, sometimes I see balls. Sometimes I don't. I did a 9-1 in 9-ball last year and this was the first time I blanked one. Hoping I can do a century on 10.0 non-continuous this year.

Old
  (#34)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-09-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I got bored and decided to goof around with the SVB/DO type break after watching Dr. Dave’s video. It wasn’t working so well for me this set but I wasn’t hitting the rack accurately and my CB was all over the place.
Have you seen my follow-up video?

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#35)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

02-09-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
Have you seen my follow-up video?

Regards,
Dave
Yeah I watched it earlier today. I was wondering how you were getting the wing ball to go so frequently while breaking so close to center with a frozen rack. That’s what got me started messing around with the break. The closest I can get is a diamond away from the side rail on either side with a full hit and it’s touchy.

My table isn’t trained, per se. But I use a Delta 13, have the rack outlined, and a line drawn from the foot spot to the center diamond on the foot rail. I’m kind of particular about my rack and, honestly, probably don’t even need a triangle at this point. I have racking templates but I don’t need them to get a frozen rack.

Thanks for the vids, sir! Very informative.

Last edited by peppersauce; 02-10-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Old
  (#36)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

02-13-2018, 08:21 AM

The ghost in my house gets a bigger spot then normal. I have an 8 footer and I have bad walls that are a little over a foot to close to the table on the sides... so the short stick comes into play a fair bit. Frustrating, but a price to pay to be able to shoot at home and stay in stroke between trips to the poolhall.

I attempted this video last night and screwed myself about 5 times being close to the rail and needing to let my stoke out with the short cue... either dogging the ball or missing shape. Soon after the battery in my phone was too low to record the entire set so I gave up on recording.

As soon as I took the camera off and plugged it in, I snapped him off at 7-2. I'm gonna get a win on video soon hopefully, please don't put this score up there, I'd rather have the video of it as proof.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#37)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2018, 11:58 AM

Visited today other poolhall and decided to play little pro-ghost 9-ball on those tight Diamiond tables. I was lucky enough and won 7-6. Should be on video. Coming later.

Straight Pool addict
Do it like Efren: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrqhJixAmWY One cool rack after opponent safety..

Old
  (#38)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member

02-19-2018, 08:49 AM

My last 7-6 Match against pro 9-ball Ghost. This time on fast Diamond table.
**deleted link**
Edit: Oh. I am noob. Copyright stuff due backgorund music. Trying remove those songs.. taking some time

Straight Pool addict

Last edited by Poolmanis; 02-20-2018 at 02:16 AM.

Old
  (#39)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member

02-19-2018, 12:07 PM

Ended up deleting video. Gotta upload it again later without sounds. Maybe put some no copyright music instead..

Straight Pool addict

Old
  (#40)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member

02-20-2018, 03:58 AM

Uploaded new version with some no-copyright-music..
Should work now.
Thought it can be lower resolution until HD-process is done.
https://youtu.be/-qjXGpkzWBo

Straight Pool addict

Old
  (#41)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2018, 03:09 AM

Last edited by jrctherake; 02-22-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Old
  (#42)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2018, 03:22 AM

Table:
9' Diamond Pro-Am
4.5" pockets

Score:
7-1 Win

Rules:
No particular rack pattern
BIH after break
If scratch on break spot any balls made and continue with BIH
Any miss after BIH is loss of game

I put it on youtube, here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz0DUgeNJXQ

Rake

Last edited by jrctherake; 02-22-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Old
  (#43)
easy-e
AzB Silver Member
easy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond reputeeasy-e has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

02-22-2018, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Table:
9' Diamond Pro-Am
4.5" pockets

Score:
7-1 Win

Rules:
BIH after break

Rake
Nice shooting!

Old
  (#44)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member

02-23-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Table:
9' Diamond Pro-Am
4.5" pockets

Score:
7-1 Win

Rules:
BIH after break

Rake
Updated.
Revo Shaft? How do you like it?

Straight Pool addict

Old
  (#45)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

02-23-2018, 04:32 AM

Easy-e:

Thanks. As you seen, it was not pretty to say the least. Again, thanks.

Poolmanis:

Yes, it's a revo. I like it even though i am having a hard time adjusting to it.

The problems that I have with revo is i seem to over run shape, especially softer touch draw shots. It really cost me some grief in the set. I'll get there with some more practice.

Rake

Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: