Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page For all those that have doubted my ideas to help improve this sport.
Page 7 of 16 « First 567 89 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-08-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
...big accomplishment for sure,
I frequent them often, occasionally find what I'm looking for at a unreasonable price.
I'll have to say though, that label of yours on a shelf there will get my attention.
Quarts are $31.50 and gallons are $63.00 but that's single can prices, I'm sure Fastenal will agree with my case pricing as well, I'll know next week when I get the vendor forms submitted, and this is out of the normal for Fastenal, but they really like my ideas, so they're willing to work with me. After I create the demand for my glue, then we'll be taking the next steps to contract sales.

Old
  (#92)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-08-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
JC, I'm now worried about questions like his, my glue is California compliant, that's good enough for me. I doubt anyone on AZB would even realize what it means that I completed a deal with Fastenal today for the distribution of my glue through over 2,600 locations and 25 countries. That's called world wide distribution😂
Like myself, tons of people know just what it takes to get a distribution agreement with "any" company, especially a well known and sought after company. Not easily done but doesn't take a brain surgeon to know how. Did it as part of my job for over three decades.

I know you're gonna do well with your glue and most likely a couple other things. What will surprise me is seeing a complete sponsored pro tour as you described earlier. Not saying you are not "wanting" to do it.

To me, the pro tour idea will be harder to make happen than your glue product, no doubt in my mind.

My equipment:
table / sticks / balls

personal best:
mine

Old
  (#93)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

11-08-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Like myself, tons of people know just what it takes to get a distribution agreement with "any" company, especially a well known and sought after company. Not easily done but doesn't take a brain surgeon to know how. Did it as part of my job for over three decades.

I know you're gonna do well with your glue and most likely a couple other things. What will surprise me is seeing a complete sponsored pro tour as you described earlier. Not saying you are not "wanting" to do it.

To me, the pro tour idea will be harder to make happen than your glue product, no doubt in my mind.
The sale of my glue leads me to the next step in my plans, and that's to set up a Gunslingers Saloon Restaurant and event center. Just picture a 32 9ft table event center, with live broadcasting through 2 camera per table, viewing from head or foot of each table, being broadcast live on 32 channels through Dish Networks for $4.99 a month as an add on to your monthly bill, or through any cable provider for that matter. And as a viewer, you can choose which table you want to watch. Or, for $2.99 a month added to your phone bill, you can watch any table, your choice. When the tournament is filled with the top 64 players on the planet, players representing their countries in world championship tournaments, that will bring in millions upon millions of dollars in viewership supported revenues per event, THEN this sport will have the capital to support this sport on a Professional level on a weekly basis. When world champions are crowned, they keep their titles, and defend them on a regular basis against major tournament winners, who then have earned the rights to challenge the world champions for their titles in 1 on 1 events, all available to be viewed by all those around the world who want to watch live.

Old
  (#94)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-08-2018, 08:50 PM

Once this level is accomplished, the additional revenues are used to open additional Gunslinger salon and event centers around the country, so that multiple tournaments can be promoted and ran at the sametime. Pros get rotated from event center to event center, juniors, seniors, male & female Pros have their own events, world champions defending their titles in 1pk, 14.1, banks, 10b, 9b, 8b, the viewership never stops, and neither does the streaming flow of revenues of income, then with the numbers in on viewerships world wide, in comes the additional sponsors wanting to get on board.

Old
  (#95)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-08-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Once this level is accomplished, the additional revenues are used to open additional Gunslinger salon and event centers around the country, so that multiple tournaments can be promoted and ran at the sametime. Pros get rotated from event center to event center, juniors, seniors, male & female Pros have their own events, world champions defending their titles in 1pk, 14.1, banks, 10b, 9b, 8b, the viewership never stops, and neither does the streaming flow of revenues of income, then with the numbers in on viewerships world wide, in comes the additional sponsors wanting to get on board.
I for one, like all pool enthusiasts will be extremely happy to pay a few dollars a month to have access to what you describe.

No doubt in my mind that if you or anyone else offers, it will be accepted...... and gratefully by people like myself.

I wish you all the luck in the world to make this happen.

Rake

My equipment:
table / sticks / balls

personal best:
mine

Old
  (#96)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

11-08-2018, 09:31 PM

What is the intended use scenario of the glue outside of the pool industry? What product is itís main competition? Is the labeling going to be the same?

Old
  (#97)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-08-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
What is the intended use scenario of the glue outside of the pool industry? What product is itís main competition? Is the labeling going to be the same?
This glue has been reverse engineered to bond after its dry, so no other contact adhesive is a competitive factor. I'll be introducing it into the cabinet manufacturing industry in its spray formula, as well as the RV manufacturing industry, and the auto repair industry as well. I'll have my sample of the glue in a spray can application next week to test as well. I pretty much expect the same results of bonding with the spray can formula to be stronger than any spray glue on the market today.

Old
  (#98)
jimmyco
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

11-08-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
This glue has been reverse engineered to bond after its dry, so no other contact adhesive is a competitive factor. I'll be introducing it into the cabinet manufacturing industry in its spray formula, as well as the RV manufacturing industry, and the auto repair industry as well. I'll have my sample of the glue in a spray can application next week to test as well. I pretty much expect the same results of bonding with the spray can formula to be stronger than any spray glue on the market today.
If your spray adhesive is waterproof and stronger than 3M High Strength 90, you have a sure winner.

What is the size of the spray can, what is the MSRP and how soon will it be available?

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue

Old
  (#99)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-08-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
If your spray adhesive is waterproof and stronger than 3M High Strength 90, you have a sure winner.

What is the size of the spray can, what is the MSRP and how soon will it be available?
My spray glue, like the roll on glue works like velcro. Spray 90 is a horrible glue to use when spray gluing Valley rails when recovering them. Anyone using the 90 on rails is a hack, when pulling the rail cloth off to recover the rails, it strips the wood of the back of the rails as well. My glue is like pulling velcro apart, shear strength is what's needed, not permanent bonding. 3M77 used to install bar table bed cloths don't hold because it don't have a shear strength strong enough to keep the stretch of the cloth tight, which is why it fails. I don't know what size cans are going to be available yet, so I can answer those questions yet, same as pricing, that's also effected by quantity when buying from my manufacturer. 3M90 also has a fast drying time, and won't bond if already dry, so it has to be reapplied.

Old
  (#100)
TommyT
Obsessed
TommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
The sale of my glue leads me to the next step in my plans, and that's to set up a Gunslingers Saloon Restaurant and event center. Just picture a 32 9ft table event center, with live broadcasting through 2 camera per table, viewing from head or foot of each table, being broadcast live on 32 channels through Dish Networks for $4.99 a month as an add on to your monthly bill, or through any cable provider for that matter. And as a viewer, you can choose which table you want to watch. Or, for $2.99 a month added to your phone bill, you can watch any table, your choice. When the tournament is filled with the top 64 players on the planet, players representing their countries in world championship tournaments, that will bring in millions upon millions of dollars in viewership supported revenues per event, THEN this sport will have the capital to support this sport on a Professional level on a weekly basis. When world champions are crowned, they keep their titles, and defend them on a regular basis against major tournament winners, who then have earned the rights to challenge the world champions for their titles in 1 on 1 events, all available to be viewed by all those around the world who want to watch live.

Wow!!! And I thought you were just a dumb old table mechanic that lived like a gypsy, I sure was wrong. Just kidding of course and my table you worked on is still playing great.

Next year I might need you to hop on your personal jet and recover it.

BTW...Gunslingers might not be a politically correct term these days and I hope your product is protected by a strong patent.

Last edited by TommyT; 11-09-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Old
  (#101)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
This glue has been reverse engineered to bond after its dry, so no other contact adhesive is a competitive factor.
Glen, I think that you have a great product here, and I can't wait to try it.

However, (and I'm not trying to bust your balls at all here) could you please explain this comment? I use Weldwood contact cement. Weldwood contact cement requires a dry time, prior to bonding. The bond is created by applying pressure, as is the claim for your product. In this regard, how is your product different?

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#102)
bigchase
AzB Silver Member
bigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond reputebigchase has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Keep thinking I'm nothing but a pool table mechanic, a furniture installer
So you hve your glue where's the MSDS sheet? I've been asking for it for months, what PPE, respirator do you suggest? How about posting the whole MSDS sheet I'm pretty sure it's required by law to be provided when you're selling or distributing a hazardous chemical

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Semper Fidelis

Old
  (#103)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-09-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsh98 View Post

However, (and I'm not trying to bust your balls at all here) could you please explain this comment? I use Weldwood contact cement. Weldwood contact cement requires a dry time, prior to bonding. The bond is created by applying pressure, as is the claim for your product. In this regard, how is your product different?
The King Cobra glue has a much higher shear strength than wildwood does in its holding strength, and only needs a single coating on both surfaces. I've used wildwood plenty of times in a pinch, it's not even close, and for what it's worth, even FB10 would blow wildwood away.

Old
  (#104)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-09-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsh98 View Post

Can you still bond the cloth to the slate, or the cushions to the sub-rails after letting the wildwood dry for 30 minutes? No, but with the Kinf Cobra glue, you can.

Old
  (#105)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-09-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchase View Post
So you hve your glue where's the MSDS sheet? I've been asking for it for months, what PPE, respirator do you suggest? How about posting the whole MSDS sheet I'm pretty sure it's required by law to be provided when you're selling or distributing a hazardous chemical

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Buy a can and read the

Page 7 of 16 « First 567 89 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: