Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Cue stolen at pool room - culprit found - what would you do?
Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Cue stolen at pool room - culprit found - what would you do?
Old
  (#1)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Thumbs down Cue stolen at pool room - culprit found - what would you do? - 11-05-2018, 02:10 PM

Last week at my local pool room a Huebler cue was stolen and with security camera assistance they were able to see the young man, who by the way, appeared to be in his early to mid-20s, picking up the cue and slipping it under his jacket then leaving.

Because this thief was with a friend who paid with a credit card the police were able to track him down they contacted him and went and retrieved the stolen cue.

My friend whose cue it was decided not to press charges saying the guy was a young knucklehead and he is just happy to get his cue back.

I'm curious in a situation like this what my fellow AZ members would have done.

Have him arrested or cut him a break?

best,
brian kc

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Old
  (#2)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-05-2018, 02:15 PM

Two choices, press charges or street justice. How the hell will the boy learn if one of these two are aren't done?

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

Old
  (#3)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com

336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:15 PM

Between Arrested and Break I would lean Break but he would be doing
something like community service, digging gum out from under tables or something.
Not just scott free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin' Chicken View Post
Last week at my local pool room a Huebler cue was stolen and with security camera assistance they were able to see the young man, who by the way, appeared to be in his early to mid-20s, picking up the cue and slipping it under his jacket then leaving.

Because this thief was with a friend who paid with a credit card the police were able to track him down they contacted him and went and retrieved the stolen cue.

My friend whose cue it was decided not to press charges saying the guy was a young knucklehead and he is just happy to get his cue back.

best,
brian kc

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $5.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#4)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:20 PM

arressted, if you can even be arressted over such a thing

taking things into your own hands opens up a whole lot more shit i dont need over a pool cue

let the cops do thier job,

ask me about balkline and 1 cushion billiards

Old
  (#5)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:23 PM

never break the law
depeding on the kids age
perhaps meet with his parents and then contact the police if you are not satisfied

should his parents talk about getting serious with him
perhaps he should be required to work it off say 20 hours,sweeping floors,cleaning toilets

and bar him from the pool room

but never break the law

Old
  (#6)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

11-05-2018, 02:24 PM

Keep the cue and get the hammer or give the cue back and get the hammer if you ever show your face here again.

https://youtu.be/KYa1IsxGVuc

IRATUS VULGUS

Last edited by PRED; 11-05-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Old
  (#7)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:26 PM

Would I cut him a break?

No but if they cut thieves hands off or at least broke them this stuff would rarely happen.

Last edited by SBC; 11-05-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Old
  (#8)
PhilosopherKing
AzB Silver Member
PhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost ball View Post
Two choices, press charges or street justice. How the hell will the boy learn if one of these two are aren't done?
Please consider not pushing this street justice stuff... If you hurt someone in a premeditated assault you're doing a good chunk of time.

Old
  (#9)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:29 PM

Id probably do nothing.
...and hell probably bar himself....how can he show his face?

On the other hand, if the Huebler had an original shaft with the nylon insert...
....I might engage a professional hitman.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

https://www.facebook.com/skriptik/?ref=page_internal POOL PENS

Old
  (#10)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:31 PM

He should be banished to the phantom zone. Superman comics, long time ago. But it would be appropriate.

All the best,
WW

Old
  (#11)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

On the other hand, if the Huebler had an original shaft with the nylon insert...
....I might engage a professional hitman.
Whitey Bulger is no longer available...

Just to narrow your list.

Old
  (#12)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
arressted, if you can even be arressted over such a thing

taking things into your own hands opens up a whole lot more shit i dont need over a pool cue

let the cops do thier job,
Thou shall not steal.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee
Honorary member TCC
I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#13)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:35 PM

At the very least, he's banned from the room. And his friends too.

Old
  (#14)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin' Chicken View Post

best,
brian kc

At a minimum, and with the room owner's concurrence, he should be banned from the room for a year or three.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#15)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

11-05-2018, 02:42 PM

No charges, but he has to do some sort of community service, maybe at the pool hall or pick up trash around it for a few weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Between Arrested and Break I would lean Break but he would be doing
something like community service, digging gum out from under tables or something.
Not just scott free.

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: