Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Cyclop Hyperion Pool Balls
Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

11-06-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
The "money" balls look bigger than the others to me. That's a camera distortion, right?

pj
chgo
Why would they be larger? Look the same to me .

Old
  (#17)
ipoppa33
Shakedown Custom Rods
ipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond reputeipoppa33 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-06-2018, 07:21 AM

I really like the dragon side of the money balls, but the other side with the HUGE number on has to go. If they got rid of those numbers I'd buy a set.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Playing Cue: Ray Weeks Slowhand Cues
J/B: Ray Weeks Slowhand Cues
Other cues: Some of old Palmers, Scruggs, Sugartree, Onley

Old
  (#18)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

11-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM SLO View Post
DCC cue ball to be used is from their Cyclop TV ball set
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Is that the zit ball?

Lou Figueroa
one big dot v measles
My money is on their version of a measle ball (from the Hyperion Set) will be used. I can't imagine they will bring a bunch of the single dot cue balls to the event when each set of Hyperions has two cue balls. FWIW, the cue ball from the Hyperion set plays nice; very similar to a Measle Ball.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#19)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
My money is on their version of a measle ball (from the Hyperion Set) will be used. I can't imagine they will bring a bunch of the single dot cue balls to the event when each set of Hyperions has two cue balls. FWIW, the cue ball from the Hyperion set plays nice; very similar to a Measle Ball.
Screenshot
Attached Images

Add me and my son Jin on Fb
Jin's Sponsors and friends: Coached by-SammDiep
Stapleton Billiards
JPechauer Custom Cues
Kamui Brand
3Seconds Cue Case
Player Rep for Brutal Game Gear
Shane Van Boening vs My 7 year old

Old
  (#20)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-06-2018, 10:21 AM

I think it is poor visual, to have the borders around the numbers comprised of straight lines, instead of something that flows...like a circle.

The Japanese never woulda let such an obvious lack of wabi sabi pass unnoticed.

Old
  (#21)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2018, 10:28 AM

How many spots and how many diamonds (?) are on each cue ball?

Old
  (#22)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-06-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
The Japanese never woulda let such an obvious lack of wabi sabi pass unnoticed.
Of course not. Sushi without wabi sabi is just bland.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#23)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
How many spots and how many diamonds (?) are on each cue ball?
(4) rectangles and (2) dots.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#24)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2018, 03:21 PM

This set would be great to grab attention at your pool hall from by-standers but I think it would really bug me aiming at those balls as well as looking at the various shapes and thick coating on the cueball.

Seems like it was not a bad idea, but done too much like the novelty glow in the dark and other "fun" sets. Even though the original Cyclop sets had funky colors that are confusing to players, they were better than these ones.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#25)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
The "money" balls look bigger than the others to me. That's a camera distortion, right?

pj
chgo
I hope so. The bottom right cueball looks like an egg.

Freddie <~~~ Bring Back Bobble Ball!!!

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension)
Breaking Cue:Gilbert

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#26)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
I hope so. The bottom right cueball looks like an egg.

Freddie <~~~ Bring Back Bobble Ball!!!
Yeah, I see now the ones on the left are a little wonky looking too.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#27)
HueblerHustler7
JackHammer
HueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2018, 08:09 PM

I like them, but those measles on whitey bother the hell out of me, Granted I have not shot with one yet but for me seems to have to much sense of depth... Distracting possibly. I think I will stick with my Aramith super pro tv set for now.

'To err is human; to forgive, divine.'
Alexander Pope 1688-1744

PLAYER:
Darren Hill, Hills custom cue.
TIP: Zan S

Breaker
Darren Hill J/B

Old
  (#28)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2018, 08:38 PM

The one thing I do like regarding the hyperion cue ball is the color. The Aramith pro cup measel ball we have (2 of them, one is brand new) comes in a really dingy color of white'ish tan/brown. The Hyperion comes in a bright white.

Add me and my son Jin on Fb
Jin's Sponsors and friends: Coached by-SammDiep
Stapleton Billiards
JPechauer Custom Cues
Kamui Brand
3Seconds Cue Case
Player Rep for Brutal Game Gear
Shane Van Boening vs My 7 year old

Old
  (#29)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2018, 06:57 AM

FWIW from the siampooltable web site, emphasis is mine:

#####
Cyclop Hyperion

Cyclop Hyperion are the latest addition to the Cyclop Pool Balls range of products.

To buy a set, please click here: Cyclop Hyperion

With these balls Cyclop have made 3 key changes.

Firstly and most obviously there are now 20 balls per set, rather than 16. There's an extra cue ball which is handy for bars and pool clubs to keep in reserve for match play, and there are three dragon balls for the money balls 8, 9 and 10.

Secondly there is a new forumla for the cue ball that plays slightly faster than the current cue ball.

Thirdly they have changed the style slightly to include a black hexagonal circle around the numbers on the balls.

The formula of the object balls remains the same as with the Zeus balls.

Zeus will still be available but Hyperion is will become the new ball that Cyclop be using from now on.
#####

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#30)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

11-07-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Secondly there is a new forumla for the cue ball that plays slightly faster than the current cue ball.
I read that as well when I was researching the set. Now that I've played with them, I've actually found the opposite to be true. Their Tournament Cue Ball runs longer (IMO). The Hyperion Ball plays very, very similar to the Aramith Measle Ball.

Last edited by rexus31; 11-07-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: