Who Has Never Missed A Ball In Hand Shot?

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know whats funny,everytime Ive done it I dont remember aiming just the shape.

Me too. It's only after the fact that I realize I wasn't even looking at the aim. That's why we miss easy shots...

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive seen Earl, Efren, Ginky, Frankie H and Scott Lee all miss BIH! I dont think anyone escapes if they play serious pool.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive seen Earl, Efren, Ginky, Frankie H and Scott Lee all miss BIH! I dont think anyone escapes if they play serious pool.

Mhm. Everyone misses. Just try to do it less often than the next guy.

Chacer

Registered
it was ball in hand with the 8 ball left (i play 8 ball). it was perfectly lined up but i was so nervous that when i shot it the 8 ball bounced in and out. Boy i cant tell you how mad and sad i was at the same time. yeah bad day for me really bad day

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
Many times.I did it yesterday while practicing.I Miss the 1 while playing 10 ball against the gohst w/BIH after the break several times.

Never missed the 9(playing 9-ball) with BIH but if it is in a tough spot like frozen to the rail next to the side pocket its very plausable.Of course I have not shot many 9-balls with BIH since peeps typically give it to you.

Twice I have won matches in a weekly 9-ball tourney because I let my opponent shoot the 9 with ball in hand.I felt terrible in both cases but I did not want to lose another match to some1 who had only pocketed say 1 or 2 balls in the entire match.

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Done it more than I'd likie to admit. Always tell my opponent "I left myself bad!' after I miss.

Stones

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Like...totally DOG IT! I"d call you a liar.
I've done it more times than I want to mention with bad results.....think yourself into a foxhole. Playing against a "don't miss" guy.

Similarly, I (and many others) have had that ball in hand shot that is nearly impossible to make.

On the TAR All-Around with Schmidt and Harriman, there was a situation that had he chosen to, John could have handed the cueball to Harriman and Danny wouldn't have been able to hit the object ball unless he jumped on to it.

Freddie <~~~ collectively, we've seen most of everything

Last edited:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've done it...more than once.

I didn't like the angle.:eek:

Thanks for the laugh. I know how you feel though. Get down on the shot and then not get back up and reposition even though it doesnt feel right because heck I had ball in hand and placed it there. Funny game.

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had ball in hand in league 8 ball and missed my shot hitting the ball to the rail and it came to rest in the exact same position prior to the miss. I was dumbfounded and received a lot of flack from my team. I don't remember how, but I managed to get ball in hand again and figured I had a chance to redeem myself, only to miss it once again. My team mates still have not let me forget about missing with ball in hand twice in a row.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Similarly, I (and many others) have had that ball in hand shot that is nearly impossible to make.

On the TAR All-Around with Schmidt and Harriman, there was a situation that had he chosen to, John could have handed the cueball to Harriman and Danny wouldn't have been able to hit the object ball unless he jumped on to it.

Freddie <~~~ collectively, we've seen most of everything

Sort of like this, Freddie?

Watch how this potential 3-foul develops:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ja9y8Lv_A1s

-Sean

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gary Spaeth always had the best response for missing ball in hand.

he would say "I had a bad angle"

(even world champions do it)

8balljohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I have!! I think anyone who's played 9-ball for a long time has missed a BIH at least once in their life. Whether it came by miscue, being too drunk (lol) or simply taking it for granted/not paying attention. I'm going to go out on a limb & say that even the greatest of all time, Efren, has missed a BIH. I apologize to Efren if I'm wrong about that :sorry:

Poolsmith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ball in hand No No

In my APA 8 ball league I played a great safe on my opponent in a hill-hill game. He fouled his next shot giving me ball in hand. There were 2 of each solids and stripes in addition to the 8 ball left on the table. I grabbed ball and hand and saw the easy run out. I went on to pocket the next two shots, and my opponent called a foul on me when I was getting down on the easy 8. Apparently I forgot I was stripes and pocketed his 2 remaining solids giving him ball in hand on the 8 to win the match and bring their team score to 3 to2 in their favor. Talk about bone headed and embarassing.

Michael-Hoang

Omega Billiards
Silver Member
Did you just say Ball In Hand and missed?

Last year at the Cue Club in Vegas, I was practicing with a lady to get ready for their Tuesday Night Tournament. I got BIH on #2. I missed but hooked her, got BIH again, missed and hooked her again, got BIH again and missed AGAIN on the same ball #2.

How about that - to get BIH 3 times and miss all 3 times on the same ball in the same game.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I did it against Larry Nevel and he taxed me for it :(

Don't feel too bad I saw throsten miss BIH on a live stream recently so....

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your question being what it is, I'm not sure why so many are answering a different question, namely who HAS missed with BIH.

My guess is that the answer is no one, unless you've never had a BIH opportunity.

Donny I was wondering the same thing myself.........I guess people CANT read .... The question was Who HASNT missed with BIH......No wonder some of these threads go on forever,....

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've done it...more than once.

I didn't like the angle.:eek:

:) BB

thinking it may have been Loree Jon many years ago with ball in hand. asked how she just missed that shot? " didn't have the right angle " :smile:

yes I've missed ball in hand

standing up bewildered, did .. I .. just .. do .. that??

:embarrassed2:

sure we all have at one time or another

flash5153

none
Silver Member
Does this count?

In a major tournament,,playing for the chair,,first game. Opponent breaks and scratches.
Table is spread wide open,nothing touching. I have BIH anywhere on table,,I go to sit the cue down and it slipped out of my hand and hits a ball before I can catch it.

Opponent gets BIH and runs the table!!!! DOH!!!!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Donny I was wondering the same thing myself.........I guess people CANT read .... The question was Who HASNT missed with BIH......No wonder some of these threads go on forever,....

People CAN read. Did you and Donny read the rest of the OP's post???

Freddie <~~~ the glass broke your stones