ok az police- gus?

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I Remember

Mark Griffin said:
I just now saw this thread. Very interesting. I used to have a very large Gus collection. (Most of the older collectors could verify this) If my memory serves me properly, Gus only made 5 solid ebony forearms with the box design.

Denny Glenn has the "on the snap" one
Lucky has one
An "Indian" collector (I thought he was from Arizona - not Palm Springs) had one - I have forgotten his name-but this must be his old cue.
And I had 2 of them. I had the propeller one (made for Gus old friend Bill Bailey) and the all ivory (including butt cap) one. I sold them with several very high end Gus. That was in mid 1990's. Mine were both in the Blue Book and Billiard Encyclopedia.

I had 8 ivory jointed (5 flat faced/big bolt). I have pictures and maybe someday I could get someone to post them.

I really enjoy following the values and how they hold up over the years.

Mark Griffin
BCA Pool League

Mark,
At one time, you were thought by many to have the best Gus collection in the world. That was back when the Asians were just starting to buy, and John Wright was the biggest dealer.

It is amazing how much the market has changed in such a short time.

Straight Pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
THIS CUE IS THE FREAKIN NUTZZZ. FORGET MONEY, THEY CAN HAVE BOTH MY KIDNEYS FOR IT.....ANYBODY WANT TO BUY SOME TASCARELLAS?:eek:
Yeah me, especially the one with Buska ebony and ivory rings, lots of inlays, ivory joint and black, green, black, white veneers. If you're serious, PM me if you have a price in mind.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Straight Pool said:
Yeah me, especially the one with Buska ebony and ivory rings, lots of inlays, ivory joint and black, green, black, white veneers. If you're serious, PM me if you have a price in mind.

when he call's make sure your sitting down.......:)

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This thread is so filled with win. Its hysterical from beginning to end!
If you are gonna bump a 7 year old thread, make sure its as awesome as this one! lol

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Yeah that was a fun week for a lot of guys and a much hotter cue market.

I was on the phone with a member here and talking about our first AZ posts and I told him about mine (in this thread) and he couldn't find it using AZ Search (either could I) so I used Google and came up with it and bumped it for him.

The contrasting buying styles of those that were interested in owning the cue were quite interesting.

Thanks

Kevin